Hunt on for baht bus driver who killed 5, injured 9

Rimmer

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Fifteen people were packed into the back of the Naklua-Sattahip pickup truck

Argument or no argument, that was always going to end messily. And still the Thais fail to see a problem, while the government, which previously backed down on the threat to ban passengers in the cargo hold of pick ups, fails to address the problem.

Edited by Jonmarleesco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What type of law allows people to be hanging out of a packed full Ute lol."

A lazy one. Outside Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang a couple of days ago, cop outside his little hut,watching the traffic. Stopped at the lights right next to him a pickup with 15 (I counted them) workers crammed into the back. Also 4 motorbikes each with two people and no helmets. what did he do, went back inside, to make a cup of coffee I guess. No one really cares and nothing will change despite all the BS from politicians. 

15 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Sorry but where did it happen exactly ? Just want to see if it is dangerous over there.

Google map link welcome.

RIP.

Coming from Pattaya after the Nong Nooch turn-off the road becomes a downhill slope about one kilometre long.  In the distance drivers  can see the traffic lights at Bang Saray.  They speed by at 140+ to beat the lights.  The kilometre mark is about 165.

Retard driving a death trap as usual, manages to kill almost everyone apart from himself whilst having a hissy-fit over nothing...then runs away as if he can dodge the problem because he's the smart one. And when they catch up with him he'll have some outrageously pathetic excuse that involves blaming it on someone else for making it happen. Public floggings used to work wonders on these sorts of arrogant morons.

10 hours ago, biggles45 said:

"What type of law allows people to be hanging

A lazy one. Outside Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang a couple of days ago, cop outside his little hut,watching the traffic. Stopped at the lights right next to him a pickup with 15 (I counted them) workers crammed into the back. Also 4 motorbikes each with two people and no helmets. what did he do, went back inside, to make a cup of coffee I guess. No one really cares and nothing will change despite all the BS from politicians. 

Yep  i have seen that many times They can make 100 laws but as long as u see cops doing that complete waste of time having them He was prob waiting for the kick boxing to come on TV more important They brought a law in saying no more people to sit in back of pic-ups Big joke" Bit like saying i think its going to rain today but there is not one cloud in the sky " What you just said is just bullshit about the rain just like there laws:post-4641-1156694572: Nice day today but i think it will still rain :cheesy:

21 hours ago, pieeyed said:

Why have they not found this driver or his wife? This accident happened on Nov 19th.

Ahhhhh!... had a bit of a look around can't find him, anyway probably only get a few thousand Baht fine.  Not like the huge fine out for smoking on the beach.  Putting sign up now in Cha-am ( I have never smoked ).

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Yep  i have seen that many times They can make 100 laws but as long as u see cops doing that complete waste of time having them He was prob waiting for the kick boxing to come on TV more important They brought a law in saying no more people to sit in back of pic-ups Big joke" Bit like saying i think its going to rain today but there is not one cloud in the sky " What you just said is just bullshit about the rain just like there laws:post-4641-1156694572: Nice day today but i think it will still rain :cheesy:

But they shelved because they did not want to inconviense anybody over Songkran and they still have not reinstalled that law

54 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

But they shelved because they did not want to inconviense anybody over Songkran and they still have not reinstalled that law

Oh they will but make no difference The cops wont enforce it Waste of time

16 hours ago, brling said:

Nonsense Mr. apologist. In most countries the driver would not run away from a fatal accident. Wise up and think before you try to defend coward Thai drivers.

Wise up and think (and read) before you assert that I was defending "coward Thai drivers".  This accident did not involve 'Thai drivers', it involved one.

You seem to be using the term "apologist", and wrongly applying it to me, in a derogatory sense.  Even though you are wrong, I'd much rather be seen as an apologist than an irrational Thai basher.

Edited by Just Weird

16 hours ago, Russell17au said:

No, Not in every other country, just Thailand because most other countries would not allow a vehicle like this on the roads, it would be a properly constructed bus not a converted heap of junk with a canopy on it

Yes, in every other country...accidents happen in every country.  You really think that a bus cannot hit roadside obstructions when the driver is fighting with a passenger?

12 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Really? Goodness only knows what you base that stupid comment on but don't explain your comment says everything about you

Don't comment to me if you don't want a response.  I'll explain why it wasn't stupid; it's because accidents do happen everywhere, and in similar circumstances, not only in Thailand.

23 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Easy to stop the overloading, Police stop buses with children on, if the loading was say 16 children, then fine the driver 2000 baht for every child over that number and arrange for another empty bus to pick up the children. Most of these buses are owned by a consortium then as the financial cost of defying the law becomes too much stupid drivers will either stop doing it or abide by the law. Hit them where it hurts in their pockets.; Plus if an accident occure the insurance refuse to pay for injures for more people that the bus is licensed to carry. Not rocket sc ience but I have never YET seen a Baht bus stopped by police for overloading yet in  15 years.

The news report was that the crash was caused by a fit of rage. What the hell does having 3 or 23 passengers have anything to do with the carnage or a way to prevent it?

Five died at the scene.  I attended the funeral of the TENTH! victim on Wednesday.
I've lived in this area for 11 years and there's been fatalities almost monthly.  There's talk of erecting a radar camera to deter drivers from speeding down the hill to beat the lights at Bang Saray.  Talk is cheap meanwhile watch this space........

2 days ago not 500 metres along Sukhumvit from this horrible incident another accident resulting in 2 more deaths. RIP

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes it is, accidents happen in every country, clearly.

Well a couple of things strike me as being just weird, firstly that you consider the largely avoidable carnage on Thailand's roads to be accidental and secondly your apparent reluctance to acknowledge that the rate of deaths on Thailand's roads is substantially higher than that in most other countries.

Just weird, clearly.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, in every other country...accidents happen in every country.  You really think that a bus cannot hit roadside obstructions when the driver is fighting with a passenger?

Most other countries operate a proper constructed bus and not a converted pick up like Thailand does plus the drivers in most countries are trained and licensed as bus drivers plus Thailand's road rules enforcement is s**t compared to most other countries plus most other countries have a lower road toll than Thailand does. It is Just Weird how you can agree with such carnage on the roads in Thailand, but maybe you are one of these unlicensed, untrained drivers that just don't know how to care about and respect other peoples loves. I just hope you do not have any children because by your own posts it shows the you would not keep them in a safe environment. 

7 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Well a couple of things strike me as being just weird, firstly that you consider the largely avoidable carnage on Thailand's roads to be accidental and secondly your apparent reluctance to acknowledge that the rate of deaths on Thailand's roads is substantially higher than that in most other countries.

Just weird, clearly.

What's even more weird is that I made no mention of the number of deaths or Thailand's position in the league tables or my view about that aspect yet you seem able to magically deduce something from my lack of comment.

From your first sentence, the only logical deduction that can be made is that you must think all the road accidents, and that is what they are, are deliberate acts.