Kia Stinger in Thailand.

PAV123

$31,900 id the base price in the US. Top spec model GT2 non AWD is $49,200. Since I do not think they will be assembled in Thailand you will pay the hefty import tax plus dealer markup so for the top spec model will probably go for around 5 million and the base model for about 3.3 million. Where did you get the 2.99 million baht price? Would be an OK price for the base model but resale on a KIA is not as good as a Bimmer or Merc which you can get for around the same price but not as quick as the KIA.

2 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

If 2.99 is for that stonking 3.3l twin turbo, thats a great price for here. For example, Peugeot are trying to sell the 3008 at 2.7m..

It's for the lower spec 2.0. There are very few sales and service centers in Thailand. Resale on this will plummet. 

What I don't get is how Kia can (try to) sell the tinger here, but mazda won't sell the new turbo mazda 6 with similar power.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

It's for the lower spec 2.0. There are very few sales and service centers in Thailand. Resale on this will plummet. 

What I don't get is how Kia can (try to) sell the tinger here, but mazda won't sell the new turbo mazda 6 with similar power.

Who says Mazda isn't going to sell the Mazda 6 here :-) They have been testing a few Thai-market Mazda 6s at Kaeng Krachang circuit the past months...

24 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Who says Mazda isn't going to sell the Mazda 6 here :-) They have been testing a few Thai-market Mazda 6s at Kaeng Krachang circuit the past months...

I guess it's always possible....but the price would be beyond what the accord/camry would be (if its a 2.0-2.5L turbo). Would be nice to have a bit more variety in the market. 

Kia has no factory or assembly plant in Thailand. They are imported from Korea. Hefty import duties.

Sales and import used to be handled by Yontrakit, not sure about now. Thai sales staff are typically clueless and focused on finance (rather than the vehicle).