Visa Service

done to death here

On 8/24/2017 at 9:41 AM, hitext said:

My renewal has just been done by Speedy Visa for the fourth year in a row, because they make it so easy. The less contact I have with Thai bureaucracy, the happier I am. Why waste your valuable time chasing down whatever weird form/document/photocopy Immigration wants this week, when you could be spending your retirement lying on the beach, chasing Isaan girls, drinking Chang...or whatever the hell else you want to do with your time?

8 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

Never saw that. I refer to Ken Wright's speedy Visa service. it was advertised on here last week. I asked if anyone had experience.

That is at top of home page directly under "Need a Thailand Retirement Visa?" so kind of hard to miss.  Or do you mean you have not visited website?

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You mean the web site that says this:

?

like you, i was curious to see what this meant so i so sent them an email asking about it

i just got this reply: 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 8:04 AM
Subject: A visa inquiry has been received from you at the Speedy Visa website
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxx
I am sorry if our homepage statement mislead you into thinking you could not enter the Kingdom without a visa
I can see how you would think that and will order our web master to remove the statement as soon as possible
To clarify for you, if you are a citizen of a country that is granted visa exempt status then you will be allowed 30 day on arrival
You can see the list on our website, here:

I hope that helps you
Once again, sorry for the inaccurate statement

Best Regards
Ken Wright

Ken of Speedy Visa offers a great service that really is speedy! I have used him for my visa extensions for several years in a row, and will be back next year for my next renewal. 

I get my extension done double quick, without having to go to Immigration, and without any hassle. Not just speedy, but also easy and efficient. 

If you choose to use an Agent, ask if they can arrange the financials for you.  If they offer to do this, thank them for their time and leave.  Sooner or later, there will be a crackdown on extensions of stay obtained by agents who fake the money.  When that happens, all visas obtained by those agents could come under scrutiny. 

Even if an agent seems legit (does not offer to fake the money and requires you to provide your bank-letter + bank-book, and/or a stat-doc from your Embassy), I'd still keep copies of all the required paperwork - just to be absolutely sure you can prove that you were not one of the ones getting a "faked-documents" extension-of-stay. 

Of course, doing this paperwork-legwork yourself reduces the need for the agent in the first place.  All that is left, is the "waiting in line at the immigration office" factor - which varies by where you apply.  If that "waiting at immigration" time versus "in agent's office" time is worth the agent's fee, then maybe it is worth it.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If you choose to use an Agent, ask if they can arrange the financials for you.  If they offer to do this, thank them for their time and leave.  Sooner or later, there will be a crackdown on extensions of stay obtained by agents who fake the money.  When that happens, all visas obtained by those agents could come under scrutiny. 

Even if an agent seems legit (does not offer to fake the money and requires you to provide your bank-letter + bank-book, and/or a stat-doc from your Embassy), I'd still keep copies of all the required paperwork - just to be absolutely sure you can prove that you were not one of the ones getting a "faked-documents" extension-of-stay. 

Of course, doing this paperwork-legwork yourself reduces the need for the agent in the first place.  All that is left, is the "waiting in line at the immigration office" factor - which varies by where you apply.  If that "waiting at immigration" time versus "in agent's office" time is worth the agent's fee, then maybe it is worth it.

I doubt that the agents would come under scrutiny, money is shared, can't say any more.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I doubt that the agents would come under scrutiny, money is shared, can't say any more.

In any changing of the guard, the new guys often hold a grudge for having been on the outside looking in at the banquet they've been missing out on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vogie said:

Since "agent" activity is generally local, a crackdown "from above" the local-level could occur at some point in the future.  No one can say if/when, though.  I'm not rolling the dice - not even when the legal-avenues are actively blocked by immigration, seemingly to encourage using an agent.

Edited by JackThompson

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Since "agent" activity is generally local, a crackdown "from above" the local-level could occur at some point in the future.  No one can say if/when, though.  I'm not rolling the dice - not even when the legal-avenues are actively blocked by immigration, seemingly to encourage using an agent.

i am reliably informed a similar event to the one in the attached Pattaya Mail clipping from December 2015 took place again in early December 2016 too

Not heard any reports of a crackdown on the visa recipients from visa agents from those two visits from up above yet Jack, you?

pattaya mail - Copy.jpg

Edited by notamember
spelling

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You mean the web site that says this:

?

7 hours ago, notamember said:

like you, i was curious to see what this meant so i so sent them an email asking about it

i just got this reply: 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 8:04 AM
Subject: A visa inquiry has been received from you at the Speedy Visa website
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxx
I am sorry if our homepage statement mislead you into thinking you could not enter the Kingdom without a visa
I can see how you would think that and will order our web master to remove the statement as soon as possible
To clarify for you, if you are a citizen of a country that is granted visa exempt status then you will be allowed 30 day on arrival
You can see the list on our website, here:

I hope that helps you
Once again, sorry for the inaccurate statement

Best Regards
Ken Wright

it now appears to have been speedily removed

18 minutes ago, notamember said:

the attached Pattaya Mail clipping from December 2015

Reading the cited article, the last sentence explains all: no irregularities were found. A thorough study of all the records, presumably going back years, and involving over half a man day of investigative effort, clearly showed rumors of corrupt practices were completely unfounded. The authorities are to be congratulated for their prompt and far reaching vetting of the Chonburi office, and it is  comforting to know that all the officials at that office are such paragons of virtue.

Ken of Speedy Visa offers a great service that really is speedy! I have used him for my visa extensions for several years in a row, and will be back next year for my next renewal. 

I get my extension done double quick, without having to go to Immigration, and without any hassle. Not just speedy, but also easy and efficient. 

What do you mean by faking money ? It's not against the law to borrow money from someone to fulfill the requirements for retirement, whether it's from an agent or from someone private , a bank or whatever.
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, balo said:

What do you mean by faking money ? It's not against the law to borrow money from someone to fulfill the requirements for retirement, whether it's from an agent or from someone private , a bank or whatever.

If the money is seasoned for the proper length of time in the bank, you could make that case - though I doubt that's what the law was intended to allow.  The "agent" cases I have heard about involve money being banked in the applicant's name for a day or less.   The seasoning seems to be designed to prevent short-time loan workarounds.

Edited by JackThompson