Thailand cracks down on rogue monks who indulge in sex, scams, transvestism

webfact

Thailand cracks down on rogue monks who indulge in sex, scams, transvestism

BANGKOK - Thailand's Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) has launched a nationwide crackdown on rogue monks who indulge in sex, scams, transvestism and politics.

Police lieutenant general Thitiraj Nhongharnpitak said that 95 monks who are suspected of damaging the image of monks and Buddhism will be prosecuted if they are found to have broken the law, reported The Bangkok Post.

"This is the first group the CSD is looking into and it will keep watching for more. If they breach the monastic code of conduct, they will be asked to leave the monkhood. They will face legal action, too, if they break the laws," he said.

Full story: http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-cracks-down-on-rogue-monks

-- THE STRAITS TIMES 2017-12-04

In order to really, really and again, really clean up the mess and the shame

of those who wear the saffron robs and engage in many vices, a wider

and dipper cleansing needed of those who call themselves monks,

and no need to say more....

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) has launched a nationwide crackdown on rogue monks who indulge in sex, scams, transvestism and politics.

Need to be careful here.  Take out all the rogue monks and the Wats will be empty!

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

And the monk with the money from the temple in Bangkok who they could not find, where is he?

More kudos to RTP for actually harvesting the low hanging fruit. :ermm:

Could be that anything else is in the "too hard" basket or the "pre-paid no idea about that" basket? :whistling:

23 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:
52 minutes ago, Jools said:

I would pay good money to see a transvestite monk.:stoner:

Alter boys got to see some of them for free.

Forgive me for asking, but was the spelling "alter" intentional, as opposed to 'altar', when talking about a transvestite monk?

Haha! Wonder how long it will take them to nab that abbot who decided to give me some "hands on" meditation training on the porch of his kuti while I was stopping for a cup of tea outside of Nong Khai last week. Perhaps I drop by and slip this article under his hut door tomorrow before I roll the mountain bike over the border and never come back to this vortex...