U.S., foreign officials warn Trump not to call Jerusalem Israel's capital

webfact

Can it be pointed out that the Wafq is Jordanian?

For all their claims of wanting to be an independent state, which hasn't ever been a historical fact, and that they receive 2.5 Billion USD in aid they sure don't seem interested in maintaining the "third most holy site".

It seems to me that this move makes Americans abroad everywhere less safe. There are already travel warnings about that in Israel / Palestine. 

And for what? What's gained from this? I don't see anything. 

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Clearly you need a history lesson.

Please state which countries recognise a unified Jerusalem as either the capital of Israel or indeed, part of Israel.

There  you are Sherlock ,,,,Happy now?           

5a276d7235f2b_ScreenShot2017-12-06at11_00_51.png.eaea202cbec5670463b69b38eee23a83.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 11.00.51.png

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It seems to me that this move makes Americans abroad everywhere less safe. There are already travel warnings about that in Israel / Palestine. 

And for what? What's gained from this? I don't see anything. 

Yes, definitely not a great development as far as Americans abroad are concerned. Guess US embassies will ramp up security for the near future.

As for what's gained...unless there are some covert understandings with some of the key players, hard to see the point. On this score, while international responses were negative. as expected (and rightly so) - they haven been relatively low key. Of course this could change in a blink of an eye, but I think previous instances over similar issues flared up faster. That's also related to relevant players facing other issues at this time.

Whether this is just Trump getting mentally stuck on something, or if there's an actual plan at work is hard to tell, given that such a hypothetical plan doesn't seem all that bright.

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Nah Same  scroll down to about  halve way to where it starts ,,,Other countries,,

Most of the related statements quoted do not express full support for Israel's position. I believe none of them countries got their embassies in Jerusalem.

Just now, Morch said:

Most of the related statements quoted do not express full support for Israel's position. I believe none of them countries got their embassies in Jerusalem.

Who cares? It wasn't about that wasn't it it was about countries Saying and/supporting Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel,,,Israel stated Jerusalem as the Capital,That's good enough for me. Maybe that's why DT says it too.  :mfr_closed1:

11 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Who cares? It wasn't about that wasn't it it was about countries Saying and/supporting Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel,,,Israel stated Jerusalem as the Capital,That's good enough for me. Maybe that's why DT says it too.  :mfr_closed1:

There is no country on the list that equivocally supports Israel's take. "Who cares?" is pretty much Trump and Trump supporters take on facts.