Thai man kills his father at their Father’s Day lunch in Chonburi

webfact

9 hours ago, rwill said:

I often wonder if the Buddhist belief in reincarnation has something to do with the mindset.  After all you aren't killing them, just starting them off on a new life.

I really think you are stretching it if you think there is any thought process going on in his head (and a lot of other young males) except me, me, me.

18 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, it carries a life sentence, but just you are sorry and the sentence is commuted.  What the hell kind of country is this?

The report does not say that .

It says that if he "admits" the offence , then his sentence will be halved , so instead of getting a life sentence , he will get a more lenient sentence .

I do wish that posters would read and understand reports, rather than misunderstanding what was written and then making flippant remarks

8 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

It's difficult to understand why one would want to kill anyone, let alone one's father, over some reasonable advice. I think this guy is a 'nutter'  and should be put away for life.

I do not think that the intention was to kill him , he was drinking and there was probably some previous disagreements involved , all the same, it is appalling that he resorted to any violence

On 12/6/2017 at 2:08 PM, Just1Voice said:

So, it carries a life sentence, but just you are sorry and the sentence is commuted.  What the hell kind of country is this?

When you can go to jail for 10 years just for smoking an e-cigarette and even longer for just writing or saying something you shouldn't about someone and yet killers walk free, I would call it Alice in Wonderland or the Twilight zone here:blink:

Edited by midas

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do not think that the intention was to kill him , he was drinking and there was probably some previous disagreements involved , all the same, it is appalling that he resorted to any violence

So drinking alcohol is to blame? That's okay, let him go free as long as promises not to drink. Oh come on! He chose to drink and he chose the action therefore he is totally responsible for that action.

13 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

So drinking alcohol is to blame? That's okay, let him go free as long as promises not to drink. Oh come on! He chose to drink and he chose the action therefore he is totally responsible for that action.

Well, yes, I would say that drinking alcohol was a reason why he resorted to such violence, if he hadnt been drinking, he probably would have been able to control himself .

But no, that should not free him from any responsibility, he is responsible for his actions, whether he was drunk or sober