After 100 die on Najomtien roads, police pull out radar guns

Rimmer

9 hours ago, LennyW said:

So i guess a 100 deaths in a given area is the necessary criteria that must be met before anything is done to prevent anymore.....Amazing Thailand indeed!!

Don’t worry....... With 20 000 plus deaths a year, I’d say most of thailand qualifies.

16 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

finally a smart approach to rooting out the reasons of most accidents.  Stick to it and do these checks every other day until Thailand's roads are safe.

Yet, there's one objection I would like to utter.  Seing the picture reminds me on HOW HOT it is out there.

I hope they issue daytime heat & sunshine fit police gear for those involved, as going clad in the brown poly-crap uniforms plus helmet won't make them last the heat for long.  Allow police to wear light gear, summer cotton shirts and light trousers and some light headgear to shade the face, and they will begin to love their jobs out chasing traffic law violators

It often makes me wonder if not their unfit thick and uncomfortable clothes are the main reason why police rarely is seen in the open doing the job police in other countries are supposed to do. Maybe it is because it is actually way too hot in these garments

Although they completely disappear at night

38 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Good place to wait.

What is the speed limit on Sukomvit ?

Too much miscellaneous Bullsh*t on the sides of the roads (carts, food vendors, signs, trees, etc) to really be able to take notice of most of the signs while watching out for the psycho drivers, & also keeping an eye out for Kamikaze cops walking out in the middle of the road, plus the signs aren't very big, and many have faded paint, so who knows? 

There shouldn't even be any bushes to hide behind.

Install radar permanently on signs & overhead crosswalks, but then they'll probably be like Pattaya's CCTV system & half won't work.

Edited by jaywalker

"With Thailand last month gaining the dubious honor of having the world’s deadliest roads, police say they need to step up enforcement of speed limits to mitigate the carnage."

Police need to "step up" the enforcement?
When did the "Royal" police did ANY law enforcement?

This makes my day.
I am dying from laughing now.

ROTFLMAO

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

"With Thailand last month gaining the dubious honor of having the world’s deadliest roads, police say they need to step up enforcement of speed limits to mitigate the carnage."

Police need to "step up" the enforcement?
When did the "Royal" police did ANY law enforcement?

This makes my day.
I am dying from laughing now.

ROTFLMAO

Well then you're all set up. Let's see whether you believe your own nonsense or are just blowing and posturing for the peanut gallery.

Merely choose which bank you'd like to rob. Report back with your millions. ROTFLMAO

nothing new , everyday the same..............

At Ambassador , i stop many times at the zebra crossing, bcs many people walk over.  i turn on emergency lights and stop slowly...

but second lane they speeding with 30-100 km over,even people on the streetr

they are brainless

i was already at the policestation with one incident ..with eveidence in the cam.

i Stopped..cars even speeded. But a bigTour bus..how dont want stop, used his horn in a bad manner, instead of brakes, passing on  the stand track/itirn track ..2 people noticed it and jumped away from the street ,if not they would be killed. ( NOT THE ONLY TIME A BIS OR CARDRIBVER DONE THIS !!!)

with the camera in najomtien policestation... they give me the simple notice...what we can do,,to many car, to many problems, have a lot of headache... and said come back with the cam chip the next days......................... the intrest was quiet 0

they brainless, resillient against any learning...........

Streets are simmilar to a Warfield, an American Officer told me once , him happy see his soon in irak, there it would be more save on the streets ,like in thailand...maybe thats true

Edited by lapamita

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

You have speed limits in Germany it is only unlimited on certain parts

on the autobahn I have driven on the autobahn not long ago most parts

are restricted to about 100-110 it is correct there are less accidents

or deaths on German roads

Because common sense ensues....:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, moe666 said:

If you want to pay those fines go back to the US or the UK

Better stay in the US or UK if you want to avoid the carnage...

seems some people are against actions that may improve the appalling number of road deaths in Thailand. :sad: 

21 hours ago, Sir Swagman said:

I was going to ask also. Has anyone seen a speed limit sign on that road anywhere?

yes many !!!!!!!!  only have to read them

for ex

in front ambassador 5 signs "like cityllimit" and zebra walk" and "reduce speed" and again 30........... 

inside city....YOU DONT NEED EVEN TO PUT A SIGN  40/50 IS LAW!!!!!!!

On 08/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I would hope they will have the effect they intend to have, adding a demerit point system for licences would be great, and hopefully they stop allowing people driving without licence plates so as to know where to send the fines 555 

Image result for picture of a Thai police man scratching his head

Is that a gundog .? :ph34r:

On 08/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, jaywalker said:

Too much miscellaneous Bullsh*t on the sides of the roads (carts, food vendors, signs, trees, etc) to really be able to take notice of most of the signs while watching out for the psycho drivers, & also keeping an eye out for Kamikaze cops walking out in the middle of the road, plus the signs aren't very big, and many have faded paint, so who knows? 

There shouldn't even be any bushes to hide behind.

Install radar permanently on signs & overhead crosswalks, but then they'll probably be like Pattaya's CCTV system & half won't work.

Alternatively they could quit fannying about and park a few of these up along there ..

IMG_20171216_193252.jpg

On 08/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, crazygreg44 said:

finally a smart approach to rooting out the reasons of most accidents.  Stick to it and do these checks every other day until Thailand's roads are safe.

Yet, there's one objection I would like to utter.  Seing the picture reminds me on HOW HOT it is out there.

I hope they issue daytime heat & sunshine fit police gear for those involved, as going clad in the brown poly-crap uniforms plus helmet won't make them last the heat for long.  Allow police to wear light gear, summer cotton shirts and light trousers and some light headgear to shade the face, and they will begin to love their jobs out chasing traffic law violators

It often makes me wonder if not their unfit thick and uncomfortable clothes are the main reason why police rarely is seen in the open doing the job police in other countries are supposed to do. Maybe it is because it is actually way too hot in these garments

Checks every other day means speeding on monday, careful on tuesday, speeding on webnesday and so on.

????

On 12/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, mikebell said:

Last week I went to the 10th victim's funeral - Thai police can't count unless it's money.

You are quite correct Mike. I posted this fact last week in Pattaya Mail but it was deleted by them. Most of the casualties were students from the Thai Austrian University and as usual, the songtaew was overloaded.

Edited by finner

On 12/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, BigDaddy66 said:

France is not a good example. It is impossible to drive here anymore. There are automatic radars everywhere, and they are disposed mostly to make money.

I drove in several countries (included Thailand) and I never had an accident in my life. Here in France I see more and more limitations coming annoying my driving, taking my money, and making all my commuting taking longer. Road death tolls are listed around the 30th or 40th highest reason of death in this country only. But they became huge source of revenue for governments.

I'm not sure you want that in Thailand.

The fact that you drove here and never had an accident means absolutely nothing because you received a much higher standard of driving tuition than these people have. :blink:

And France isn't ranked as the the most dangerous place in the world to be on the road.

I say invest in as many automatic radar guns as you need-a far better way of protecting the community that submarines.

There is nothing that will get through to them here than tough measures and being hit severely in the back pocket which I strongly urge and encourage ASAP

Edited by midas

On 9-12-2017 at 7:00 PM, 300sd said:

An honest cop, upholding the law, could make a small fortune in this county! 

I think you are wrong,he would not make much money, only his wages.

He will not get promoted and will have to be very careful if he wants to live long.