Haley - Women accusers should be heard, even if Trump is target

webfact

Haley - Women accusers should be heard, even if Trump is target

By Doina Chiacu

2017-12-10T194231Z_1_LYNXMPEDB90RF_RTROPTP_4_USA-POLITICS-MISCONDUCT-(1).jpg

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley said on Sunday she believes any woman who has felt violated or mistreated by a man has every right to speak up, even if it is President Donald Trump they are accusing. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said on Sunday that any woman who has felt violated or mistreated by a man has every right to speak up, even if she is accusing President Donald Trump.

"Women who accuse anyone should be heard," Haley said on CBS's "Face the Nation." "They should be heard, and they should be dealt with."

Washington has been roiled by sexual misconduct scandals, with accusations leading to the resignations last week of three members of Congress.

The growing wave of women reporting abuse or misconduct has brought down powerful men, from movie producer Harvey Weinstein to popular television personality Matt Lauer.

Haley, discussing that cultural shift, applauded the women who have come forward: "I'm proud of their strength. I'm proud of their courage."

Asked how people should assess the accusers of the president, Haley said, it was "the same thing."

More than 10 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct before he was president. While filming a segment of the television programme "Access Hollywood," he talked about kissing and groping women.

Trump has denied the misconduct allegations, although he apologised for his comments, which he called "locker room" talk.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said on Thursday that sexual harassment allegations against Trump were addressed by the American people when they voted him into office in November 2016.

Asked whether Trump's election settled the matter, Haley said: "That's for the people to decide. I know that he was elected, but women should always feel comfortable coming forward, and we should all be willing to listen to them."

On Tuesday, voters in the heavily Republican state of Alabama will cast their ballots in a race involving Republican Roy Moore, a former state judge, and Democrat Doug Jones, a former U.S. attorney.

Moore has been accused of sexual misconduct toward women when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s. One woman said he tried to initiate sexual contact with her when she was 14.

Reuters has not independently verified the accusations, which Moore, a conservative Christian, has denied.

Many Republicans, including Alabama's senior U.S. senator, Richard Shelby, have distanced themselves from Moore. But Trump has endorsed him, saying he wants to see the Senate seat stay in Republicans' hands.

(Reporting by Doina Chiacu; Additional reporting by Valerie Volcovici and Lucia Mutikani; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe and Lisa Von Ahn)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-11

Any woman who has been "mistreated" by a man? 

That is a very wide brush.

Still interests me how its only aout women mistreated by men and not an individual mistreated by another individual. I thought this age of enlightment we now live in had done away with the distinction of gender.

If a man had been mistreated by another man but then that first man begins to self-identify as a woman does he then qualify under this Haley rule? This mixing of old and new gender rules really leads to confusion.

Edited by ClutchClark

15 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

So, a journey into my own sexual self identity could possibly result in a sexual harassment complaint against former self by my current identity if I were to change sexual identity.  

Absolutely, if you had a self-defeating personality that included personal arguments with yourself that held you back from professional development then you would most definitely have a strong case.

1-800-GLORIA-ALLRED

47 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

BTW, kudos to the GOP rising star Nikki Haley.

I hope she one day holds the Oval Office. She has definitely earned the support of the GOP for paying her dues as part of the Trump Admin.

Only until the right wing racists who support Trump find out her parents are Sikh and she's not white...then the Oval Office becomes unreachable.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Absolutely, if you had a self-defeating personality that included personal arguments with yourself that held you back from professional development then you would most definitely have a strong case.

1-800-GLORIA-ALLRED

Thank you both for reminding me about the awesome intellectual level you man-child supporters debate on.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

I hope she one day holds the Oval Office. She has definitely earned the support of the GOP for paying her dues as part of the Trump Admin.

Yep.  Haley is a comet alright.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Only until the right wing racists who support Trump find out her parents are Sikh and she's not white...then the Oval Office becomes unreachable.

Huh?

Everybody already knows her ethicity. It has been well publicized.

Which only goes to show the absurdity of your own outdated prejudices. 

I am thankful you are of liberal leanings because your contributions actually hurt those who share your view.

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

???

Your post trips and falls right out of the gate. 

How do you get that I support Trump by what I said?

I can see this thread requires using a communication level rated for 7 year olds to understand and I am short on patience today.

Nikki Haley is a pretty amazing politician and unique in that she actually embodies leadership qualities. Rather than immediately dismiss her because of your simple minded partisan view, you might try educating yoursel.

As she is willing to work for and be led by the moral abomination currently desecrating the WH the only amazing thing about her is her ability (as a person and a woman) to disregard her own morals.

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Still interests me how its only aout women mistreated by men and not an individual mistreated by another individual. I thought this age of enlightment we now live in had done away with the distinction of gender.

If a man had been mistreated by another man but then that first man begins to self-identify as a woman does he then qualify under this Haley rule? This mixing of old and new gender rules really leads to confusion.

Sexual harassment is not just men on women or gender-fluid on gender-specific; sexual harassment has no specific gender boundaries. Men have been sexually harassed by women, Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexually harassing other males, my wife was sexually harassed by another woman while working in the US. So, it is individual on individual. Granted, it seems more prevalent with men on women, but men and women are the traditional gender roles and men are more often in a position of power and more often the sexual initiators.

My problem is how many of these complaints are unfounded--how many are just jumping on the bandwagon now just because they jumped on something else in the past and did not get what they wanted? Or, how many are just total fabrications?  

7 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Sexual harassment is not just men on women or gender-fluid on gender-specific; sexual harassment has no specific gender boundaries. Men have been sexually harassed by women, Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexually harassing other males, my wife was sexually harassed by another woman while working in the US. So, it is individual on individual. Granted, it seems more prevalent with men on women, but men and women are the traditional gender roles and men are more often in a position of power and more often the sexual initiators.

My problem is how many of these complaints are unfounded--how many are just jumping on the bandwagon now just because they jumped on something else in the past and did not get what they wanted? Or, how many are just total fabrications?  

Excellent Post.

Cheers

5 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Huh?

Everybody already knows her ethicity. It has been well publicized.

Which only goes to show the absurdity of your own outdated prejudices. 

I am thankful you are of liberal leanings because your contributions actually hurt those who share your view.

I am glad everybody knows, because I didn't know her ethnicity. I wasn't even very familiar who she is and what she does. But her color is relegated to the bigots of the last century, and of course the Southern states. Good for her basically speaking out against her boss......it will be interesting to see if she still has a job by New Years. And that pathetic liar of a White House spokesperson who said the election result put the accusations of sexual molestation to rest......PATHETIC.

2 hours ago, Becker said:

As she is willing to work for and be led by the moral abomination currently desecrating the WH the only amazing thing about her is her ability (as a person and a woman) to disregard her own morals.

Thank you for making itclear straight away that you lack any underdtanding at all how junior politicians pay their dues of loyalty to gain party support when their own time comes.

You saved me alot of time giving you the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I am glad everybody knows, because I didn't know her ethnicity. I wasn't even very familiar who she is and what she does. But her color is relegated to the bigots of the last century, and of course the Southern states. Good for her basically speaking out against her boss......it will be interesting to see if she still has a job by New Years. And that pathetic liar of a White House spokesperson who said the election result put the accusations of sexual molestation to rest......PATHETIC.

The Southern States?

Are you familiar with Bobby Jindahl?

22 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Thank you for making itclear straight away that you lack any underdtanding at all how junior politicians pay their dues of loyalty to gain party support when their own time comes.

You saved me alot of time giving you the benefit of the doubt.

You claim she's an amazing politician. I say that the only amazing thing about her is how far she's willing to go to climb the career ladder. My understanding of "how junior politicians pay their dues of loyalty to gain party support when their own time comes" is totally irrelevant.

Thank you for making it clear that deflections are all you've got.

10 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

So, a journey into my own sexual self identity could possibly result in a sexual harassment complaint against former self by my current identity if I were to change sexual identity.  

Only one way to find out. Go on. You know you want to.

14 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Well, in the same way that only blacks, people of color, Asians and Latin Americans can be the victims of racial abuse and mistreatment: women, homosexuals and transexuals can only be the victims of sexual mistreatment and abuse.

All the white males must be bad, and deserve to be vilified on the mere basis of anyone of the non white male groups speaking out; accusations which the media will splash all over the world without the slightest worry if they're true or not.

It's becoming almost fashionable.

23 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

With all due respect, when history judges this administration, Nikki Haley won't even be able to win an election for dog catcher,  even though she will have gained a lot of experience in shoveling what they excrete 

16 hours ago, smotherb said:

Then there is the other side of the equation. How many are true. I believe not all would be unfounded or total fabrications, there would be a percentage that would be true

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Then there is the other side of the equation. How many are true. I believe not all would be unfounded or total fabrications, there would be a percentage that would be true

Gee, did you actually understand what I wrote? My comments were, "My problem is how many of these complaints are unfounded . . . . how many are just total fabrications? "  Does that, in any way, suggest to you that I am saying, none of the allegations are founded and all are fabrications?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nikki Haley has a political future.

donald trump does not.

It's all downhill from here for the perverted clown troll potus and he's already very low on that hill. 

I'm not entirely sure she does. If the man-child goes down badly everyone who's worked for him will be tainted to a certain extent - and rightly so.

Just now, Becker said:

I'm not entirely sure she does. If the man-child goes down badly everyone who's worked for him will be tainted to a certain extent - and rightly so.

In most cases, yes.

Not in her case.

Especially after this statement from her. 

I'm not saying she'll be president someday, but she might. 

14 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

With all due respect, when history judges this administration, Nikki Haley won't even be able to win an election for dog catcher,  even though she will have gained a lot of experience in shoveling what they excrete 

As I recall, she was a popular governor, and her current post sort of shields her from direct involvement in most of the Trump related scandals and controversies. She does not make policy decisions, thus less accountable as well. If there will be a Trump administration meltdown, she may actually be in a good position if/when the GOP reasserts itself and do some house cleaning.

Haley isn't harmed.

She's in New York, not the white house.

She became nationally famous reacting to a white racism event in South Carolina in exactly the opposite way of trump's atrocious "both sides" reaction to Charlottesville. 

I don't think people will hold her ambition in taking the U.N. job against her. 

She's definitely on the short list for possible first woman U.S. president. 

Edited by Jingthing