Gen Prawit: Don’t worry I can clarify

webfact

Gen Prawit: Don’t worry I can clarify 

By Thai PBS

prawit.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has assured that he could clarify where and how  he obtained the luxury wristwatch and diamond ring from.

His assurance came after he was asked by reporters yesterday (Dec 11) to confirm widespread report on the social media that quoted him as saying that he was ready to clarify the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) that the diamond ring belonged to his mother and the watch was borrowed from a businessman friend.

He denied as untrue the report in the social media, saying that he had no idea where such report came from. However, he assured reporters that ,”don’t worry, I’m ready to clarify these in details.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-dont-worry-can-clarify/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-12

Just for the record, the late veteran politician Maj-General Sanan Kachornprasart was ousted from his interior minister post and banned from politics for five years for making a false declaration of assets. But as the man say, don't worry nothing will happen to him as the NACC chief is a close friend. I believe him. 

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

,”don’t worry, I’m ready to clarify these in details.”

So explain now! You should have explained from day one. Give the people a rough overview of how you came into these possession of these items and then can prove it within your 30 days. 

Just as a side note - there is not a single good reason for a 'politician' who took over the country because he wanted to stop corruption to be wearing a million+ baht watch. Even if it's fake, you just don't do it. I would say that he must understand people are watching and judging all the time, but I don't think he does. 

Edited by rkidlad

3 hours ago, webfact said:

he assured reporters that ,”don’t worry, I’m ready to clarify these in details.”

why on earth would the reporters worry about you? Are they close friends or relatives of yours, concerned for your well-being? Or, maybe they are your fans now that you have become an Internet idol?

Edited by klauskunkel

8 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Ah, it was just a (another) misunderstanding.

Reminds me of another saying.

"Don't worry. We're from the government, and we're here to help".

And that quote is from Ronald Reagan who said that the nine most frightening thing in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."   Still appropriate even when translated from Thai.