PM calls for media to lay off Prawit over luxury items affair

snoop1130

PM calls for media to lay off Prawit over luxury items affair

By The Nation

0455e03cbbc6622bd89df8606176afdb.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday urged the media not to put pressure on his deputy, Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, over allegations surrounding his possession of luxurious accessories.

The premier appealed for legal procedures to be followed in the case, and urged the public not to be pessimistic about the matter.

He said he was not giving any moral support to the deputy PM as he was strong enough to handle the issue. 

Some of the allegations against Prawit have targeted their relationship and some people would like to see the two of them separated, the premier added.

“But I’m strong, and you know that if I had no-one by my side, I would become more aggressive and exercise my full power,” Prayut insisted.

Last week, the National Anti-Corruption Commission gave Prawit 30 days to justify his possession of two extravagant items – a super-luxury watch and a large diamond ring – which he had worn during a group photograph with the recently reshuffled Cabinet the preceding Monday.

The photo – which showed the 72-year-old retired general shielding his eyes with his hand, displaying what appeared to be extremely expensive accessories – quickly caught the public’s attention and raised questions as to how a lifelong military officer could afford such luxuries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30333774

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-12

"But I’m strong, and you know that if I had no-one by my side, I would become more aggressive and exercise my full power,” Prayut insisted.

"It is not a threat, but if you keep bothering the guy who is really in charge of the Junta (Prawit) you will feel my boots..." he thought

Edited by Golgota

Clowns. And Prayuth threatening to use his ill gotten powers makes him look every inch what he is, a brainless, spineless bully.

It's a shame most Thais are apathetic and just let this BS slide. Another scandal du jour will pop up before the 30 days are up and amnesia will set in. 

1 minute ago, Oziex1 said:

Would love to see some of the Pit Bulls from the Western media savage these guys. 

There is no need anymore. The mood domestically is turning against them and soon all they will have left are threats and intimidation. They are a laughingstock. An armed one I will grant you, but a laughingstock nevertheless. 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

“But I’m strong, and you know that if I had no-one by my side, I would become more aggressive and exercise my full power,” Prayut insisted.

He would have been better off saying nothing once again.  Threats make it that much worse.    It is amazing that some many powerful people lack any sort of self control.  Thank god for the media.  The junta's credibility is take a huge hit this time. 

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday urged the media not to put pressure on his deputy, Gen Prawit Wongsuwan

He said he was not giving any moral support to the deputy PM

Oh, right. Sure. 

But I’m strong, and you know that if I had no-one by my side, I would become more aggressive and exercise my full power,” Prayut insisted.

You could always act like a leader. Try grace and dignity. I guess it's harder to behave like that when you're cornered and you can't think of any believable lies. 

5 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Maybe they were copies plenty of fake watches on Sukhumvit.

That i think would be his best get out, just say it's not genuine just a good copy, he would have to endure a few cracks like him not being genuine as well, but with his thick skin would not be a problem! 

On 12/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, snoop1130 said:

I'm just guessing, but if the 69 million people of Thailand decided to exert their power, that would be a different story.  What is it with these totally insecure leaders these days!?  Childlike

Edited by Redline