Baht Bus Confidential -- when clueless tourists want to get off at Walking Street from Jomtien

Jingthing

I have thought for many years there should be free map, that shows all the bus routs, shows the official fares and talks about Bhat Bus Efficacy, and even a tear off slip to note bus number and report rude drivers and rip offs...

I am sure there would be many businesses around Pattaya  to sponsor such a publication 

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

I have thought for many years there should be free map, that shows all the bus routs, shows the official fares and talks about Bhat Bus Efficacy, and even a tear off slip to note bus number and report rude drivers and rip offs...

I am sure there would be many businesses around Pattaya  to sponsor such a publication 

Report rude drivers? You want a horse head in your bed? 

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

Lot of guys here will have been many years here prior to the internet etc. We learnt from personal experience. They have smartphones now just tell them to turn the locater on. Its not rocket science

Of  course Russians have smartphones, but it doesn't seem they are buying local Sim cards, surely they know how to use Google Maps, but if their phones have sim card from Russia, it's understandable why they have Data Roaming turned off,  unable to use online maps. 

I always see them struggling with paper maps in baht buses once reaching Pattaya, and coming from Jomtien they are hopelessly lost trying to figure out where to get off baht bus in order to get to Walking St, I always tell them to buzz for a stop at VC Hotel, and point them to correct direction. But only if they haven't been rude to fellow baht bus riders :) if they are loud and obnoxious I say nothing, but lately they are nice people, mostly.

Jingthing sending them to walk towards beach at Pattaya Tai intersection is good too.

This thread still fails to explain why a baht bus with the signboard Jomtien stops at Walking Street and will not ferry you to Jomtien.  As a result, I have to spend another 10 baht and join the queue at Wat Chai Mongkol.

I never look at the signs. About as useless as talking to the drivers. What you describe is just the way it is going in that direction.

Next ...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have only been asked by Russians , in Russian and my only reply to them is Vodka. Try to explain something to a Russian who dont know the English word for Yes or No, that's a tough one.

3 minutes ago, balo said:

I have only been asked by Russians , in Russian and my only reply to them is Vodka. Try to explain something to a Russian who dont know the English word for Yes or No, that's a tough one.

I love talking to Russians these days. I make sure to tell them I'm American. They tend to guess I'm Swiss or German for some reason I can't fathom. The reactions are priceless.