275 members have voted

1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

Sincerely, does anyone actually care about this?

Winning an Academy Award in Hollywood matters in that it means offers of roles that  will  likely be forthcoming.

Thai Visa  Poster of the year?    Who cares?   No award and after the fact and  it's all immediately forgotten.    Not even an ambassadorship to promote the site.

What gives? 

It smacks of post count mania   to me.  Silly stuff, IMHO.

Edited by watcharacters

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Winning an Academy Award in Hollywood matters in that it means offers of roles will be forthcoming.

Thai Visa  Poster of the year?    Who cares?

It smacks of post count mania to me.  Silly stuff.

plenty of characters to watch here Sir, and in answer to your question, at least 256 people care enough to vote.

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Winning an Academy Award in Hollywood matters in that it means offers of roles will be forthcoming.

Thai Visa  Poster of the year?    Who cares?

It smacks of post count mania to me.  Silly stuff.

I think I once went through a miserable stage at one time too....sad-face.gif.12826c07851d1d1b8ff8b6698ad860a1.gif

But I came out of it and got my fun attitude back....

16 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I can't believe that the powers-that-be at ThaiVisa managed to turn w---r into <deleted>.

I feel your pain Nancy.

"Worker" isn't offensive. 

I was once suspended for calling someone a "chestnut", common foodfare in London.

Shortened to "<deleted>".

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Winning an Academy Award in Hollywood matters in that it means offers of roles that  will  likely be forthcoming.

Thai Visa  Poster of the year?    Who cares?   No award and after the fact and  it's all immediately forgotten.    Not even an ambassadorship to promote the site.

What gives? 

Dodging blades of grass for too long eventually gets you lost in the weeds.

image.png.eef366609558440c8864064ed96041e0.png

13 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

What gives? 

Thanks for the post. Every little counts.  You can be proud that, in your own small way, you contributed to the drama and excitement

20 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

What gives? 

Trans wants nothing to do with Hollywood. He's not getting on his knees for Weinstein, or anybody else!!

14 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

What gives? 

Just wait until you have over 50,000 posts and have come in second place in the POTY contest for ten years in a row.  Someone in this position will utter "POTY" as their dying word just as Orson Welles' character uttered "Rosebud" in Citizen Kane.

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Now that might be a good reason to win.

I see you are a fellow 6 dotter, and if I were you, I'd stay out of the grass, at least until the voting is over .....

I often like to let my imagination have a little wander, and visualise posters and their lifestyles.

I see JLC as a man of action, and his study would house a fine collection of books. There'd be tickertapes and screens of financial data, whirring away in the background, and he would have at least 7 phone lines, to traders and lawyers mainly, but there are scriptwriters and political lobby partners.

I see the furniture as being mahogany or perhaps teak, and it is very rare anyone is allowed into the room, aside from the cleaning staff and IT support. JLC has a fine selection of Havana cigars, that are occasionally lit, when a new venture is acquired, or unloading stock before it falls through the roof.

7 hours ago, geronimo said:

Grollies has just been nominated for next year's epic battle, he'll be receiving the introductory knowledge pack through the post very soon ......

7 hours ago, geronimo said:

Remember to cancel everything for next November, as you have to attend the 3 week acclimatisation course in Pitsanulok.

Oh, so much better than my year when the indoctrination course was in Yala.  But, then again, that toughen us up for the battle ahead. This year, it's been rather tame, unless there's a story as to why JT hasn't been posting.

1 minute ago, NancyL said:

Oh, so much better than my year when the indoctrination course was in Yala.  But, then again, that toughen us up for the battle ahead.

Yes, I recall now, you all had to survive in a rubber plantation for a week with nothing but a loin cloth and a blunt knife.