• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Rumour has it that JLC is about to make a large wager ......... he usually is the first to hear the news ......

I Know of someone who doesn't belong to this forum who reckons HE does about POTY,  but he's a complete plonker... ...  sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif.85e9e30fdb567590ab2547c3deab9ea0.gif

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

JAG and darksidedog, who both had 6 votes, are in the final poll. evenstevens was ineligible due to having incurred a ban.  So all eligible posters with 6 votes are more are represented. Vote!!!

Evenstevens says he's had a few "yellow and red cards", but I don't think he's been banned.  Not unless that's happened since this Saturday when he last posted.  Besides some of his "yellow and red cards" were for posts that I reported, so doesn't it count that I was the one who nominated him -- to add some extra spice to this year's rather bland contest?

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Would be pointless if the rules get changed on a whim as happened here. 1509417.GIF

It not exactly rocket science, have rules/rulings and stick to them. Change them for future events if it is deemed beneficial/necessary.

So let's agree to just one thing.

If you can't offer an acceptance speech you are invalid. 

Which includes the deceased and the mentally challenged? 

On 16/12/2017 at 2:52 AM, baboon said:

Some good candidates on that list and one great one. But ladies and gentlemen, ask yourselves who YOU would trust when that phone rings at 2AM with a global emergency...?

If it rings at 2am with a genuine global emergency  evaQ8, I would only trust myself !  :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

For those who said it wasn't fair for living contestants to have to compete with a beloved, deceased candidate like Dave2, well, you could easily join ranks with Dave2 and turn yourself into a sentimental favorite.

Things are warming up now ......

19 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Evenstevens says he's had a few "yellow and red cards", but I don't think he's been banned.  Not unless that's happened since this Saturday when he last posted.  Besides some of his "yellow and red cards" were for posts that I reported, so doesn't it count that I was the one who nominated him -- to add some extra spice to this year's rather bland contest?

Banning is almost like a badge of honor and should be in favor of nominees not against them. I was banned (suspended) for not liking some crappy spare ribs,and saying so twice! Just happened to be a forum sponsor who took umbrage. Perhaps a red spot could be added to those black spots who have achieve such notoriety. 1503764.GIF

Edited by Thailand

3 minutes ago, NancyL said:

You are correct, I mispoke because the new system lists people on suspension as "banned" on their profile (at least that part of the profile visible to Mods, which is what I had checked).  He is in fact only suspended. Which still makes him ineligible, must be a member currently in good standing to win POTY. (As proven by Tutsi, once crowned, you can then transgress without losing the title, but to get it you have to be a currently active member)

As for you both having  nominated him and then reported posts of his, I  think we can just chalk that up  to the byzantine nature of the race...:sleep:

10 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Nancy how could you say bland?

Me in it Transam in it, cannot possibly be called bland.:cheesy::cheesy:

7 minutes ago, sipi said:

So let's agree to just one thing.

If you can't offer an acceptance speech you are invalid. 

Which includes the deceased and the mentally challenged? 

Where do the 100K plus members got to hear the acceptance speech or is it beamed live on a world TV network. Perhaps after the queen's speech in the UK on NYD? 1514066.gif

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Nancy how could you say bland?

Me in it Transam in it, cannot possibly be called bland.:cheesy::cheesy:

Nancy is used to fast car chases, catknapping and strange rituals, so a bit of keyboard humour doesn't do it.

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The plot thickens, suspensions and removal of dead nominees designed to reduce the field. Assassinations next on the list?  1514066.gif

It never normally comes to that .... although JT has a bulletproof vest I hear .....

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You are correct, I mispoke because the new system lists people on suspension as "banned" on their profile (at least that part of the profile visible to Mods, which is what I had checked).  He is in fact only suspended. Which still makes him ineligible, must be a member currently in good standing to win POTY. (As proven by Tutsi, once crowned, you can then transgress without losing the title, but to get it you have to be a currently active member)

As for you both having  nominated him and then reported posts of his, I  think we can just chalk that up  to the byzantine nature of the race...:sleep:

So, E/S has managed to get himself "suspended" since last posting on Saturday?  That's truly impressive.  I wonder if he holds some sort of record?