webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Beating the crap out of the very customers you need to generate an income is not a particularly wise move, which is I guess, why it happened in Thailand.

But why then does it also happen in other countries?

I posted last year that I saw a driver hit a man twice on the head. The foreigner didn’t understand what was wanted of him. There should be regulations before this problem spirals and someone gets really hurt. Yes, it was at the to Jomtien stop. The way these people speak make them sound like savages, Disgusting, complaints should be made. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He is a guy working in public service and abuses the people he provides the service to.

I have seen this type of behaviour first hand with the baht bus drivers, shouting rudely at passengers in order to get them to shuffle forward, so that they can pack as many in as they can and get moving. I also want to sit near the back, as I am not travelling far and will be getting off soon.

A revoked licence  would be a good idea.

'He is a guy working in public service ...' Hardly a public service; they're a public nuisance. 

I always listen to the Thai because I would have done the same thing to them if they don't listen to me in my country. Well, that's the logic in my mind. If the Thai don't do as I say in my country I would have rough him up just like he did to the korean. That's logic isn't it? Oh, forget about the law. Do the Iraqi see the laws when they were attacked, now the N. Korean is going to be attack soon, do they see some laws protecting them?

16 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Just back from a fee days Singapore. Amazing how tourists getting treated there. Respectful, friendly, helpful and welcoming people from the moment you step on their soil. Thailand is getting more and more aggressive and rude. Only in rural areas can still find the good old ??. What a shame... MS>

I agree with that.  Pattaya has gotten very noticeably tougher and ruder since my first trip in 2004.  It really changed right after the Bangkok floods.  I think so many people came down to Pattaya and tried to move in on the jobs and businesses there.  I thought Karon beach area was very friendly, with the exception of the tuk tuk and taxi gangs that try to gouge you if you want to go to Patong and back

19 hours ago, murraynz said:

yes, the baht bus to jomtien is the worst, i have often seen the b bus operators being very rude and trying to cram many people in--mind you, some of the passengers are ignorant, also. they refuse to move forward. its obvious that on a busy route, they need to make the bus FULL- 10 bahts is a very cheap fare..

They do it going the other way too now.

I have taken to getting a motorcycle taxi.....

Occasionally, I'll see Chinese tourists not on package tour trying to hire a Baht bus. If they walk away with getting in,  I sometimes ask them where they wanted to go and how much they were asked to pay. It is usually something absurdly high. Last time on north pattaya road a group of five or six were quoted 700 baht to central festival.

Edited by soistalker