Bus from Bangkok to Pattaya?

hiigara

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There are no flights, there are no boats and there are no trains , and as you dont want to go by taxi, its either bus , bike or walk

I thought there was a train - all be it I was told very slow and apparently uncomfortable but cheap?

Some weird replies. Anyway:

1. 40-passenger bus leaves Ekamai Bus Station (under the Ekamai BTS Skytrain station) from about every 10-20 minutes (depending on passenger traffic needs) during morning and afternoon, to roughly every 30-60 minutes later in the day. Arrives at Pattaya North Road station, 2:15 hours to close to 3 hours, depending on Sukhumvit Road and highway traffic.

2. A big bus leaves the airport Public Taxi level every hour to Jomtien. 134 baht. I have taken this and gotten off at Pattaya Klang/Soi Noen Pub Wan ( a standard drop-off point on Suk) and walked over the pedestrian bridge. This bus does not go to Pattaya Bus terminal. At the airport, you sometimes have to wait for the next bus, which could mean a wait of up to nearly 2 hours, if you arrive 45 minutes before a bus, which is already sold out.

No ripoffs. At Ekamai station, go to Window No. 1. It says Pattaya. Pay 108 baht. You cannot book ahead.

19 hours ago, topt said:

Bell bus service

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

whether rip off or not no idea

Bell picks you up in a minivan from your hotel in Bangkok, transfers you to a regular coach at their station, and delivers you to your hotel by minivan again in Pattaya.  They have a bus from Suvarnabhumi as well.  If you take the public bus from Ekamai, you have a bus which leaves much more frequently, is cheaper, and does not require advance reservations, but you have to deal with (and pay) taxi or baht bus drivers at either end to go the first and last mile.  It's a choice.  But Bell isn't a "rip off"; it's just added convenience that you pay a little extra for.  'Have used them for years.

how can the bus services to pattaya be a rip off ??  108 baht from ekamai-  120 airport to pattaya/jomtien..leaves reguarly..  very cheap to me.  bells charge a little more for slightly better service, still very cheap...

i have never had a problem with any of these buses, used many. many times.

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

There are no flights, there are no boats and there are no trains , and as you dont want to go by taxi, its either bus , bike or walk

Idiotic comment. There IS a train, although it is far from practical, and no-one is going to walk or bike it to Pattaya (except by motorbike). Why not instead actually answer the OP's question and inform him of the frequent bus service from Suvarnabhumi , or Mor Chit, or Ekamai. Perhaps you weren't aware of the options and that's why you didn't post them. If you are, why didn't you as others have done.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Idiotic comment. There IS a train, although it is far from practical, and no-one is going to walk or bike it to Pattaya (except by motorbike). Why not instead actually answer the OP's question and inform him of the frequent bus service from Suvarnabhumi , or Mor Chit, or Ekamai. Perhaps you weren't aware of the options and that's why you didn't post them. If you are, why didn't you as others have done.

Barry mate if you read between the lines, you will realise that I was indeed saying that the only way is by bus (barring the one a day a train )

When people ask about how to get from one place to another , the answer is always the same .

Bus  or train which takes a bit longer and if theres any water in the way, you would need to get a boat .

All one has to do is to do a google search "Bus Bangkok pattaya" and all will be revealed

21 hours ago, tolsti said:

Ekkamai Bus Station. Every 20 minutes to Pattaya North. 108thb I think. Do not take a minibus. Get your ticket official window.

Also buses from Swampy (just mentioning as he asked) that go to Pattaya and Jomtien....124Bt. I think.

If leaving from Ekkamai follow the advice and DO NOT get a minivan 'bus' (unless you have a death wish). Also when buying a ticket ask for 'non-stop bus'. Not sure if they still leave from there anymore (years since I last did a bus to there) but make sure the bus doesn't have any orange stripe on it, just get the blue and white ones. If with orange it stops everywhere and will take a couple of hours longer potentially.

The bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport leaves from  gate 8  beginng at8am  - 9pm. Bell Travel as another expat says also leaves  but from  Gate 8 with the last bus leaving at 6pm. But I recently contacted Bell and they said they no  longer accept walk up passengers, that they only take reservations on-line. Even though they don't accept walk-ups, they will take you to your hotel or condo for no extra fare.

23 hours ago, topt said:

Bell bus service

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

whether rip off or not no idea

Unless one has a high tolerance for bad customer service and discomfort, i think they all bad, but this one and the mini vans are worse than the blue and white Roong Reuang buses, which the dips**ts who operate them call "Deluxe".

I only take these blue and white "Deluxe" jalopies:

- Seats, like a Chinese sitting torture. Some not even attached to the floor of the bus. The cup holder will even disassemble itself if you brush by it the wrong way.

- On older ones, seat number labeling was done by retards, where you have to look on the back of the seat to know what the number is, which creates confusion among visitors on almost every trip I've been on. Understandable - the service has only been in operation what, a decade or two?!

- Even the newer refurbished ones need new shocks and drivetrain maintenance, because it feels like you are riding a mechanical bull back in the Lone Star, with a vibrator stuck up your (!) FOR 2 FREAKING HOURS PLUS!

- The AC ducts are filled with mold. I only tolerate them well if i wear a dust mask.

- On most buses, the AC outlets can't be shut off. Your best option is to try to aim them so they blow on someone else.

- Severe case of "we get paid the same no matter what" and "don't let the door hit you in the (!) on the way out" among all personnel - from cashiers to the drivers.

- The paint job that looks like it was done with a hand roller is hilarious, whenever i see it, but no skin off my nose.

From Don Mueang, go to Mo Chit bus terminal instead of Ekkamai. Unless you know exactly where the bus is though, don't expect to find it as easily as Ekkamai.

Look for other folks pointing which way to go, because they see farangs lost looking for the blue and white circus and torture service all the time.

Often same at Suvarbabooni airport: the driver gets paid whether you find the bus or not. So, unless you catch him coming in to call the passengers, he just nonchalantly strolls near his bus, which he parks way out the door by the ticket desk, all the way to the left to the end of the bus platform.

Best deal i have from a car driver is 1200. So, it's way more expensive than these clown shows called "Deluxe" bus service Bangkok-Pattaya.

Someone could make a fortune offering something priced in between.

53 minutes ago, twig said:

Unless one has a high tolerance for bad customer service and discomfort, i think they all bad, but this one and the mini vans are worse than the blue and white Roong Reuang buses, which the dips**ts who operate them call "Deluxe".

- Seats, like a Chinese sitting torture. Some not even attached to the floor of the bus. The cup holder will even disassemble itself if you brush by it the wrong way.

- On older ones, seat number labeling was done by retards, where you have to look on the back of the seat to know what the number is, which creates confusion among visitors on almost every trip I've been on. Understandable - the service has only been in operation what, a decade or two?!

- Even the newer refurbished ones need new shocks and drivetrain maintenance, because it feels like you are riding a mechanical bull back in the Lone Star, with a vibrator stuck up your (!) FOR 2 FREAKING HOURS PLUS!

- The AC ducts are filled with mold. I only tolerate them well if i wear a dust mask.

- On most buses, the AC outlets can't be shut off. Your best option is to try to aim them so they blow on someone else.

- Severe case of "we get paid the same no matter what" and "don't let the door hit you in the (!) on the way out" among all personnel - from cashiers to the drivers.

- The paint job that looks like it was done with a hand roller is hilarious, whenever i see it, but no skin off my nose.

From Don Mueang, go to Mo Chit bus terminal instead of Ekkamai. Unless you know exactly where the bus is though, don't expect to find it as easily as Ekkamai.

Look for other folks pointing which way to go, because they see farangs lost looking for the blue and white circus and torture service all the time.

Often same at Suvarbabooni airport: the driver gets paid whether you find the bus or not. So, unless you catch him coming in to call the passengers, he just nonchalantly strolls near his bus, which he parks way out the door by the ticket desk, all the way to the left to the end of the bus platform.

Best deal i have from a car driver is 1200. So, it's way more expensive than these clown shows called "Deluxe" bus service Bangkok-Pattaya.

Apart from that how did you find them?

57 minutes ago, twig said:

"Unless one has a high tolerance for bad customer service and discomfort, i think they all bad, but this one and the mini vans are worse than the blue and white Roong Reuang buses, which the dips**ts who operate them call "Deluxe". "

Total and unmitigated BS.  Have used Bell Travel Service frequently.  They run on time, the busses AND minivans are in good material condition and clean, and the personnel conduct themselves professionally.  My only comment might be that the seats are made for Thai-size people, and if you happen to end up seated next to a fatty or someone who hasn't washed, the trip can be something of an ordeal (but that's not exactly Bell's fault and just as likely to happen on one of the public busses if full).  Also they generally do their best to fill the minivans, but those are only the last/first segments of the pick-up/drop-off links, so we're just talking about a few minutes..

2 hours ago, thailen said:

The bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport leaves from  gate 8  beginng at8am  - 9pm. Bell Travel as another expat says also leaves  but from  Gate 8 with the last bus leaving at 6pm. But I recently contacted Bell and they said they no  longer accept walk up passengers, that they only take reservations on-line. Even though they don't accept walk-ups, they will take you to your hotel or condo for no extra fare.

I got the bus from gate 8 a few days ago, had to wait an hour for the next bus with seats available..they where leaving every 10 minutes so lots of people using it to get to Pattaya/Jomtien  they stopped at North Pattaya,Central Pattaya South Pattaya and then at Foodland Theprasit.

The bus from the airport to Pattaya / Jomtien leaves every hour from 7 am until 10 pm. Ticket price is 120 baht. They always fill up fast, especially during high season so get ready to wait for the next bus if you arrive just before the hour. I took the bus myself a few days ago , my flight arrived around 8 pm so I could only get a ticket to the last bus at 10 pm.

The bus is very reliable and you'll reach Pattaya within 2 hours.

I never use any ripoff service like private taxis, just a waste of money.