Anyone Tried Air Asia300 Baht Flights

eric1000

300 bahts flights? , surely they will be packed out and Thai flights will be empty ?

and what planes are they using ? clapped out old relics ??

are there any catches to these mega cheap flights ?

do you need to bring your own sandwiches and parachute ? :o

Hi

Think the Air Asia Being 300's with leather seats ans SMILING Staff make Thai stuff look positively old.

Booked online. Paid fur using a foreign debit card.

Show up at the airport, quote ref no. Show ID . Off you go.

No food no tickets no seat allocations. Superb:-)

The advertised prices are the lowest possible. Type in www.airasia.com and play a while you may get a bargain. We did.

Been a few times now, again on Thursday

Oh flew OVER BKK as well. Superb sight.

Check it out for sure.

You will be eating your post:-)

Listen out for the warning about the life vests:-))))

CT

Hi

Think the Air Asia Being 300's with leather seats ans SMILING Staff make Thai stuff look positively old.

checked their websire seems ok ...

how can Thai Int compete with these prices ?

surely they will have to slash fares ....??????????????????

Hi

Booked online. Paid fur using a foreign debit card.

Show up at the airport, quote ref no. Show ID . Off you go.

No food no tickets no seat allocations. Superb:-)

The advertised prices are the lowest possible. Type in www.airasia.com and play a while you may get a bargain. We did.

Been a few times now, again on Thursday

Oh flew OVER BKK as well. Superb sight.

Check it out for sure.

You will be eating your post:-)

Listen out for the warning about the life vests:-))))

CT

your a corker CTG...

keep it coming :o

TUKYLEITH - A Corker? is that good then?

I was being serious. Go on a flight and you will see what i mean. THey make a "special announcement" re life vests.

MAERIM. Nice one:-). Seriously i understand what you mean as flights normally approach from the Rangsit side of Don Muang.

Air Asia, be it on that day or everyday??, Will know Tomorrow. approached OVER BKK. Tell you it was well cool. Beautiful sight and i am sure i saw somebody i knew walking alonfg Yaowarat :o

CT

> I wont complain about anything.

Well you have to survive first to be able to complain. :o

Just kidding, I think Air Asia are awesome once you manage to actually figure out a way to give them the ticket money.

Cheers,

Chanchao

yeah the flights are cheap but dont worry, I am one of the new pilots and I have completed the three hour pilot training course already. I have a lot experience flying with TG over the years and feel it is a good move to now be stearing one of the new Air Asia flights.

I also got a new set of glasses so now I can read all those new fangled digital readouts they have. Welcome aboard !! :o

:D:D:D

http://www.airasia.com/promo/promotions.ph...1c6be2ab4536128

Found this one at the bottom of their page:-

--------------------------------------------------------------

Terms & Conditions

Offer is subject to availability, terms and conditions.

Applicable for one way fare only. All fares are excluding taxes and fees.

After payment has been processed, NO CHANGES (names of passengers, dates or flights) OR REFUNDS are permitted.

Valid for new purchases only.

Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights.

Sale fares are most often found on midweek travel dates.

Fares on weekends & holidays may be higher.

Foreign fares are subject to currency exchange rate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Makes me think :o

All fares are excluding taxes and fees. Ehhhh !!!! Pay more !!!!Same as in Europe ???

Valid for new purchases only.Only for newbies ???

:D

A friend of mine routinely flies Air Asia back and forth from Singapore- he likes it a lot and has never had any problems. The best prices are when one books in advance, during the week, and selects the less popular flights.

The ultra-cheap fares are likely only one or two seats on the plane so one must book way in advance. I randomly entered two mid-week dates in October for a Bkk->KK->Bkk round trip and got the 99 Baht fare. Seems like just a case of being first in line.

That said, even the higher priced tickets are still more reasonable than Thai Airways so it looks like competition is heating up.

Cheers!

> forgot to mention, u get a seat pitch fit for a dwarf

No worse than other airlines. Remember most planes came form US Airways (ot some other American airline anyway). Also Thai people tend to not make a dashg for the exit-row seats when they board, so even when you're not in front of the line, you have a fighting chance to land an exit row seat.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I flew CM to BKK and back last month on AirAsia and found a number of surprises that caused be to go back to Thai Airways.\

Must check in more that 40 minutes prior to departure.

No reserved seats so you get to join the herd of the unwashed.

No changes in reservations without a 500 baht fee and no purchase of another ticket within three hours of a nearly emply flight.

My cost for the trip CM to BKK roundtrip booked at least a week in advance with all fees, etc. was 7700 Baht.

Just booked next weeks flight for two CM to BKK roundtrip, leaving on Saturday, I was advised there was a promotion, total cost with all fees 7700 Baht.

An hours time sitting in a boarding lounge, a reserved seat and free snack and drinks means something to me, especially when I can fly for the same rate.

I did read in AirAsia's information that they raise the cost of the tickets for any given flight as the plane gets fuller. So the first bookers probably do get a good rate, but if you book later in the fill up, not later in time, the rate will be higher.

Sure, if I could fly CM-Bkk for 300 Baht, I would endure a great deal, but that hasn't proved to be the case.

I have read that once NokAir starts operating in June, the level of service will be greater than on Thai Airways and certainly greater than AirAsia and at the discount fare.

PS: For those guys with Issan g/f's, Phuket Air now flys there every morning from CM roundtrip for 2500 Baht. Mine has done it twice and they give free snacks and drinks.

My cost for the trip CM to BKK roundtrip booked at least a week in advance with all fees, etc. was 7700 Baht.

Just booked next weeks flight for two CM to BKK roundtrip, leaving on Saturday, I was advised there was a promotion, total cost with all fees 7700 Baht.

could you explain how the fare has shot up from the standard fare of 300 bahts to 7700

i dont understand how they could change the fare so drastically , surely you would go back to Thai if they did this ?

confused .....

Hi

not sure where all those figures are coming from. Certainly not here

www.airasia.com

180504 1000 _+ taxes baht???

Less than half Thai for better conditions (imo)

who cares about a seat number.

Fighting with the unwashed......hows that for derogatory comment :o

check in 40 minutes pre flight. What is the matter with that?? Seem to recal the US adopting something like that after a tighten up on security.

The reality is check in walk through security, go to the loo, have a coffee, , go to the gate, get on the bus, go on the plane, relax. Arrive.

Sometimes i wonder what goes through peoples minds before they post:-))

Air Asia is great. At 300-500 B it is even better. Just go www.airasia and experiment. I am off to Singapore for 499 + taxes next week

BKK to Korat 9 Baht. No guarantes if anyone has washed though :D

ct

Cutethaigirl: Rest assured, I think with a rational mind before I post, please do the same and keep your degogatory remarks regarding my post to yourself.

I just logged off AirAsia and the fare for Sat 22 May is 1200 baht for one person one way for the only daylight flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok for a very early morining flight. For two persons round trip, per my post, would be 4800 Baht, fees not included.

As I stated in my post, I would take AirAsia, dispite the inconviences mentioned in my post if it was possible to fly to Bangkok from Chiang Mai for 300 baht.

It is wonderful you can fly for 300 to wherever you are going, but it is not possible for me. I meet my daughter's flight from Australia in the very late evening, and so a 7pm flight from Chiang Mai allows for time to book a rent-a-car and meet her when she arrives.

While I am sure that I could invent activities in Bangkok to occupy my day from the AirAsia flights arrival at 9 am until my daughters flight arrives at 11:45 pm, prefer to remain in my comfortable home and begin my trip in the evening to coordinate with her arrival.

Went back for the fees and they are 489 per ticket, so 5700 for two roundtrip is the quoted price for their one daylight flight. Checked into avaiable flights for the return and for the whole following week, the 7:50 morining flight is the only one available to return during daylight hours.

As I stated in my post, I look forward to NokAir begining to operate as I think it will meet a happy medium between comfort, convenience and price.

Yes, there was a large tour group of people from somewhere in the middle east who clearly hadn't washed their bodies for at least a week as their collective body odor was very disagreeable to most of the other passengers. To spell it out for those who haven't flown AirAsia yet, since there are no reserved seats, all passengers gang up at the departure point trying to get first in line for their seat selection, and with little or no crowd control, boading is a virtual stampede. Choosing not to join the throng and trying to distance myself from the stench emanating from the group tour mentioned above, I awaited others to board and thus had no seat selection opportunity. Perhaps you don't mind such things, but I do and as I stated in my post, convenience, in this instance, was controlling, not price.

The purpose of my post was to make the point that my tickets cost 500 baht more per trip and that I didn't feel the inconvienience of limited flight availability, the cost of dirinks and snacks on the flight, the lack of seat reservations and the long wait with a uncontrolled mob boarding in the boarding area made the Thai Airways price so unreasonable or the Air Asia price such a bargain.

To say it another way, Thanksin Shinawatra didn't get to be the richest man in Thailand by giving anything away!

Ask your bank. ;-) But in general, buying an air ticket in baht currency is no different from buying anything else in baht currency on your credit card when in Thailand. Mostly the bank uses an exchange rate that's perhaps not as good as the best you could get locally. Overall I dont think this is something to worry about though.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Stumonster: Thanks for the laugh. Having travelled alot on U.S. Airlines with their sixty year old stews, I rely not a all on cabin attendants in an emergency.

A committed exit aisle habitue, I will be the first out of the exit door when such a departure is called for in an emergency and a safe landing from that eixt appears possible.

Since NokAir is owned by Thai Airlines, I am relying on their supervision of the start up and since their accident rate is nil, no more risky than reworked used airplanes on Air Asia or Phuket Air.

Hi

Air Asia.com

I did the Udon Thani 300 baht flight (502 baht incl tax) nice plane with nice new leather seats.

Going to Chiang Mai tomorrow, approx 1200 baht incl Tax, unbeatable. Book 2 months in advance and the ticket becomes 1400 baht round trip.

Hope it stays, good luck to them, long may they reign.

:o