Refused boarding at Heathrow to come to Thailand

Have my family coming over for Christmas and my Sister has just been refused boarding. This is due to her being deported from the Kingdom after being caught with a little smoke on the Islands 23 years ago. She has been told her case is still pending? This is a nightmare! Can anyone give some advice as to what needs to be done to try and close the case with Immigration and if we can, how long would that take? Many Thanks

Go to immigration to this day and they will go find your file that could be 1000 papers thick. Drop it in front of one and proceed to go thru the last 25 years of your life. This gal must have done something wrong in her home country and was flagged because of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aza90 said:

Yes.

Her case did go to court though and she was deported and fined 2400 thb. I dont know why it went to court as she paid the usual at the time which was 50k, but it did. 

It would appear that as she was deported she has either been blacklisted for life  or if she wasn't blacklisted the paperwork has not been completed to say the case is over

After 23 years this is going to be difficult to resolve, without sounding nasty the chances of getting this resolved and  her being here for Xmas are pretty much zero

3 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

How Heathrow can access to Thailand Immigration Database ?

Or she was denied entry at Bangkok airport ?

Really weird, if it was 23 years ago, it will appear nothing on her new passport.

Since when Thailand Immigration share her information to the UK authority.. weird weird, need more explaination

Dont airlines have to give a  passenger list to Thai immigration and get confirmation that all the passengers can fly ?

• Like 1

I would imagine this could be something new from immigration to keep "bad guys out"  , they kept old records and uploaded them to computers that immigration use.

23 years ago is back in the late 90's , they did have computers in Thailand back then so all the cases that went to court  could have been transfered online. So all the airlines will get a warning.

11 minutes ago, balo said:

I would imagine this could be something new from immigration to keep "bad guys out"  , they kept old records and uploaded them to computers that immigration use.

23 years ago is back in the late 90's , they did have computers in Thailand back then so all the cases that went to court  could have been transfered online. So all the airlines will get a warning.

Thailand has been blacklisting those with drug offenses for a long time, and the list of those blacklisted has been available to immigration since before computers existed. Visa exempt entry to Thailand only became available after computerized checks against those lists went online.

Today, as mentioned by others, advanced passenger Information systems allow immigration to scan lists of incoming passengers (in most cases) before they even leave, and immigration can inform the airline that they will not be admitted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BritTim said:

advanced passenger Information systems allow immigration to scan lists of incoming passengers (in most cases) before they even leave, and immigration can inform the airline that they will not be admitted.

Good to know,, not even a good lawyer could do much in this case . 

I believe if it were a simple ban from entering Thailand she would not be prevented from boarding the plane in the UK but upon arrival in Thailand would not be allowed to enter. It looks like there is more to it than that.

Refusal to check in for the flight usually happens if the passenger has no visa and no confirmed flight out of Thailand within 30 days from arrival.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

I believe if it were a simple ban from entering Thailand she would not be prevented from boarding the plane in the UK but upon arrival in Thailand would not be allowed to enter. It looks like there is more to it than that.

Refusal to check in for the flight usually happens if the passenger has no visa and no confirmed flight out of Thailand within 30 days from arrival.

Even five years ago, I would have 100% agreed with you. Things are really different now, for a variety of reasons. The requirement for airlines to provide passenger lists to Thailand in advance allows those on blacklists to be weeded out. These days it is not only the US that is able to stop passengers boarding at their origin.

• Like 2