World Of Warcraft

Onyxia

I used to play WoW but have since stopped playing it in favour of EverQuest2.

Since the earthquake last month i have found that playing everquest2 is nigh on impossible, as the degradation of latency has pushed things to the extent where to open a merchant window is a 10 second task. So forget any kind of Mob interaction (or PvP for that matter)

Its highly unlikely you will get your hands on the expansion for a little while yet, as its only available via boxed sets (not digital download) and is currently restricted to authorized countries only. Your best bet is to ask you local game supplier to import it for you and pay the import duties when it arrives (should make the expansion around 2,000baht) or better still, ask a friend to send you the game from abroad. To avoid the painful waiting of the game to arrive you might want to try getting a friend to buy the expansion, email you the CD-Key and then pull the actual expansion files down via the patcher program. This would also be the cheapest option as there will be no 'import duty' to pay - which can run upto 40% for software as its considered a luxury item.

Before when i played WoW i found the latency to be acceptable mostly, with only ISP related hiccups giving me any real noticeable effects in game. So once the SE Asia internet problems have settled down theres no real reason why you couldnt play the game from within Thailand.

Hope that helps, feel free to post up any other questions

I was at MBK today and the PC Game Shop (on the same floor as the mobile phones) will have the US version of the Burning Crusade tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday)

I'm going to get it and will give WOW a go again after a break of 6 months, but it might take some days before it is 100% playable. I bet WOW Servers will be hammered with millions of people doing the exact same thing as me

I cancelled my WoW subscription before I came over, I do play GuildWars now and then from KPG but the latency is awful over satelite, often averaging about 2500ms ping time, pretty unplayable a lot of the time, plus the constant disconnects make it very frustrating.

There are also 2 promising MMORPGs new out this year

1) Vanguard - from the people behind the original EQ

2) Conan - from the people behind Anarchy Online

Personally I think Conan will be the better one but doubt anything will break WOWs stranglehold until World of Starcraft or World of Diablo come out!

I was at MBK today and the PC Game Shop (on the same floor as the mobile phones) will have the US version of the Burning Crusade tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday)

I'm going to get it and will give WOW a go again after a break of 6 months, but it might take some days before it is 100% playable. I bet WOW Servers will be hammered with millions of people doing the exact same thing as me

Im shocked, with only 33 copies comming into their store you tell them before you got your copy? hehe

hope you did as i did and pre ordered with them and made sure your copy is safe. Might just see ya there at about 10pm today :o if your not there sure hope you get it as its the only store in BKK that i have found that has it comming.

As for what servers and not playable. Im now on Oceanic server and i have 200ms ping at all times. Stayed up late checking out the servers stablility and its perfect, no crashes as of yet.

server = Thaurissan.

Horde Troll hunter lvl 60 T2.5 full

name = trollium

see ya in game, and DONT re-roll BE as there are <deleted> way to many as is now.

I'm playing it...though after the Taiwan earthquake things have been a bit slow. I'm still around lvl 20 so will wait to get BC. Also just got a Xbox360 so that's taking more time and honestly I'm liking the games a bit more (love games where I don't spend 5 minutes running)

Paul

I understand where your coming from, having to spend x amount of time to get to where you want/need to be can be frustrating... but i consider it a small price to pay for the rich environment of MMORG's - always something new happening, always new people to meet up with and if you play on a PvP server (Player vs Player - as i do) never a dull moment!

Since my first MMORG experience (some 7-8 years ago, EQ1) i've pretty much lost interest in offline games. Interesting with your first pass through the game but stale and boring once you've completed it... Online games just dont seem to have the same anti-climax.

Still, everyone to their own i guess :o

There are also 2 promising MMORPGs new out this year

1) Vanguard - from the people behind the original EQ

2) Conan - from the people behind Anarchy Online

Personally I think Conan will be the better one but doubt anything will break WOWs stranglehold until World of Starcraft or World of Diablo come out!

theres also Warhammer Online and Lord of the Rings Online due out later this year I believe... but im solidly hooked on WoW at the moment, its so much more involved than GuildWars

Just came back from MBK, no problem getting my copy and my friend his. They have alot of copys in store and he said they can get more within 2 hours of being short. The guy just drives over to the person that has the rights to sell in Thailand, thats it.

those worried about not getting it, relax, anyone saying chances are slim, as they say in WoW (NOOB)

Anyways, best of luck and look my up if ya need any help.

I play on the Euro server Terenas have 3 characters 60 NE Hunter, 60 Human Priest and 41 Human Warlock that I'm curently leveling. I travel back and forth between the UK and Thailand every 3 weeks so getting the TBC was no problem.

What is the latency on the US servers in Thailand? I have a new copy of WOW US version and was thinking of changing if the latency is much better. Currently I get about 500-600 ms in Bangkok with True and about the same with TT&T in Aranyaprathet.

Currently I get about 500-600 ms in Bangkok with True and about the same with TT&T in Aranyaprathet.

Seems a little high i think, for EQ2 i average around 350-400 which is playable (just).

As i remember with WoW (been over a year since i played last) - you might want to experiment with the servers, as some are allegedly located on the east/west coast with also some centrally located. I do remember getting a better figure with swapping servers.

Not having played WOW for 6 months+ I had to endure a 530meg patch, then a 130meg patch and then a 2meg patch

Then installed Burning Crusade and as I half-expected all the servers are full and had L-O-N-G waiting times

Created a new character on one of the new Oceania servers but got kicked out after 10 mins!

Sigh...

I guess all 8 million subscribers are all playing right now - I'll give it a few days and try again

Played EQ2 last night for the first time in a few weeks (I'd given up with the poor latency and decided to wait until the lines had all been fixed) - i was very impressed and supprised to find that the connection was the best i'd had for a while.

Its almost like being back in Europe!

Played EQ2 last night for the first time in a few weeks (I'd given up with the poor latency and decided to wait until the lines had all been fixed) - i was very impressed and supprised to find that the connection was the best i'd had for a while.

Well been plugging along in the expansion. Some days true is very playable, others cant do anything. Have managed to get my lock to 66. Hunter is still 60. I play on the server draenor if anyone else plays on that server hit me up for help of what not.

Ponstan 66 Warlock

Buska 60 Hunter

Alliance

Well been plugging along in the expansion. Some days true is very playable, others cant do anything. Have managed to get my lock to 66. Hunter is still 60. I play on the server draenor if anyone else plays on that server hit me up for help of what not.

Ponstan 66 Warlock

Buska 60 Hunter

Alliance

Just curious, are you playing WoW:TBC on EU or US servers in Thailand? If EU, is it playable?

Cheers.

Edited by Sanook77