Taking back control: UK's classic blue-and-gold passport to return

rooster59

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Yes, I do know that....my post was being a bit facetious...but I can certainly understand British citizens looking at the  former British blue passport ass a symbol of a complete return to British sovereignty

No I don't think it's a case of that, blue has always been a manly colour as opposed to pretty pink. :cheesy:

personally, i would rather have the blue back. i still have my old one and it's more black than the colour they have been showing. but i don't think it's massively important. much more important to me to have a stronger pound and an economy that is performing well 

Edited by Happy enough

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The PM is truly clutching at straws if she thinks that reintroducing the old-style passport means anything to anyone any more.

Maybe if she came up with a budgetary number to indicate how this petty bout of nostalgia is actually going to cost the UK taxpayer LESS than retaining the burgundy one, there may be a bit more credibility.

...but not much.

No extra cost 

38 minutes ago, baansgr said:

According to the Guardian having a blue passort carrys  mandatory 4 hour wait at euro immigration.... What utter tosh

That's funny. I was just reading that story and that's not what it says. The main thrust is that UK citizens won't be able to use the EU lanes at passport control and that will be the case whether you've got a blue passport or are still using a burgundy one before it expires.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

Just now, KhaoNiaw said:

That's funny. I was just reading that story and that's not what it says. The main thrust is that UK citizens won't be able to use the EU lanes at passport control and that will be the case whether you've got a blue passport or are still using a burgundy one before it expires.

Bonus is, on returning to the Uk will be far quicker, so evens out regardless if the BS remainers come up with.... Any comment on gina millers blatant lies??? 

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Blue passprts could put UK citezens at back of queue..... Thats the headline, clearly stating its because of the colour 

Try reading the story. 

And I've no idea who Gina Miller is. I don't really follow all this stuff. Too many liars on both 'sides' and too many Mr. Angrys who only see life in terms of Brexiteers v Remainers.  

Just now, KhaoNiaw said:

Try reading the story. 

And I've no idea who Gina Miller is. I don't really follow all this stuff. Too many liars on both 'sides' and too many Mr. Angrys who only see life in terms of Brexiteers v Remainers.  

Its the headline..... Blatant lie and scaremongering. 

17 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

"The UK passport is an expression of our independence and sovereignty - symbolising our citizenship of a proud, great nation," May said on Twitter."

Is that really only depending on the colour of your passport?

Well, what do you think ?

Do you think that the whole Brexit  campaign  was for the sole purpose of changing the UK passport colour ?

Did Nigel Farange state in his manifesto that to vote UKIP and get  blue passport ?

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well, what do you think ?

Do you think that the whole Brexit  campaign  was for the sole purpose of changing the UK passport colour ?

Did Nigel Farange state in his manifesto that to vote UKIP and get  blue passport ?

May be we could have white passports with gold at the top edge. 

Brexiter can’t wait to queue for four hours with proper British passport

02-08-17

oldpass.jpg

A BREXIT voter has announced that the day he can queue for four hours while clutching a proper British passport will be proudest moment of his life.

Martin Bishop, from Doncaster, said queuing in an airport for half a day was ‘fantastically British’ but it had been ‘stolen from decent people by the gay, purple EU passport and the so called freedom it represents’.

He added “The longer I can queue the better.

source: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/brexiter-cant-wait-to-queue-for-four-hours-with-proper-british-passport-20170802133300

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

Doesn't matter what you announce now, there will be the cheers and the derision plus intentional trolling as society is so polarized now and the net is full of trolls...and not just in the UK. You could announce free cake in all high streets across the country for 2 hours and you'd still get half the population moaning about it not being gluten free, the wrong flavour, why didn't you think about cake intolerant people, vegans not happy with announcement and religious minorities suing you for discrimination because it was a British cake and not an all-inclusive gender neutral EU cake that didn't crumble which is somehow racist...etc. etc. etc.

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Exactly right.

How pathetic and sad that they make an issues of getting the old colour passport back.

It just goes to show the small mindedness and pettiness of some people, and is almost a joke... makes me embarrassed to be British.

These people would not care is the country goes to hell, people starve or are forced out of work and onto the streets... so long as they have a read British blue passport then their life is complete and they can stick a finger up to Europe.

Just Theresa Maximus fiddling while Britain burns.

And for her next trick we'll go back to pounds shillings and pence and imperial weights and measures!

Yeah for Victorian values!

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Just Theresa Maximus fiddling while Britain burns.

And for her next trick we'll go back to pounds shillings and pence and imperial weights and measures!

Yeah for Victorian values!

Back to the real thing! Money made from stones, that's it. Here's the new 1 Pound Sterling note aeeh stone. 

New UK currency.jpg

Just now, jenny2017 said:

Back to the real thing! Money made from stones, that's it. Here's the new 1 Pound Sterling note aeeh stone. 

New UK currency.jpg

Aye but in Scotland we're having our own currency. The "Smackerroony". This will be denominated in trillion, billion and million smackerroonies notes to reflect the importance of the newest mega rich oil economy - and the budget aspirations of the SNP! :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Your anti British postings are only surpassed by your anti Trump comments.

So good to have an open minded Yank on the forumn.  And so predictable.

My comment was a response to this ridiculous piece worth of Colonel Blimp:

"Stop being hysterical .

Of course people would be more concerned about starvation , unemployment and homelessness , rather than the colour of their passport .

We will proudly, once again be able to travel the World waving our blue books around and they will instantly know that you are British , two World Wars and One World cup .   

We can slam our blue books down on hotel counters, when booking in and they will realise that they need to speak proper English and they will have to call the best English speaker there to deal with you .

We will no longer get mistaken for French, Belgians or even Polish"

Or maybe you think the quoted statement is an example of open-mindedness? If I didn't know the opinions of the its author, I would believe that it was an invention of the Daily Mash.

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

My comment was a response to this ridiculous piece worth of Colonel Blimp:

"Stop being hysterical .

Of course people would be more concerned about starvation , unemployment and homelessness , rather than the colour of their passport .

We will proudly, once again be able to travel the World waving our blue books around and they will instantly know that you are British , two World Wars and One World cup .   

We can slam our blue books down on hotel counters, when booking in and they will realise that they need to speak proper English and they will have to call the best English speaker there to deal with you .

We will no longer get mistaken for French, Belgians or even Polish"

Or maybe you think the quoted statement is an example of open-mindedness? If I didn't know the opinions of the its author, I would believe that it was an invention of the Daily Mash.

No - I think the quoted article you responded to was written tongue in cheek; poking fun at both the UK government for claiming such an irrelevance as something fantastic and poking fun on British people who might think like that.

The British have a great ability to laugh at themselves, satire and black humor. Sadly it goes way over some. Often those from nations who take themselves far too seriously and who ironically usually show much less cultural sensitivity in reality.

Yippee kai hey!

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No - I think the quoted article you responded to was written tongue in cheek; poking fun at both the UK government for claiming such an irrelevance as something fantastic and poking fun on British people who might think like that.

The British have a great ability to laugh at themselves, satire and black humor. Sadly it goes way over some. Often those from nations who take themselves far too seriously and who ironically usually show much less cultural sensitivity in reality.

Yippee kai hey!

Given the source, I doubt it. But I certainly hope for that poster's sake that you are correct.