Two dead as couple slam into the back of chicken lorry doing U-turn in Nakorn Nayok

rooster59

Two dead as couple slam into the back of chicken lorry doing U-turn in Nakorn Nayok

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GP8ONC9hxQxLo8pTUV.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A man and a woman died from severe head trauma after they slammed into the back of a turning ten wheel truck on the Suwansorn Road in Nakorn Nayok last night.

Ban Na police said the victims were 56 year old Somsak Phosarat of Saraburi and Sanit Kettarit, 40 from Nakorn Nayok.

They were returning after a Buddhist ordination ceremony in Saraburi.

Pictures showed severe damage to their vehicle that was found wedged under the truck. 

Driver of the truck - 30 year old Ekaluck Emjai - said he was transporting a load of three tons of chickens from Saraburi to Lopburi and was  indicating and making a U-turn when the Mitsubishi slammed into the rear of his vehicle. 

Police are investigating and will speak to the truck driver again, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-23

" was  indicating " *very unusual,they often dont,or do about

a meter before the U-turn or junction.either too lazy or just

dont give a <deleted>. RIP the dead.   PS,* Truck drivers usually do.

regards Worgeordie Happy Christmas to all 

if you're driving within the speed limit, appropriately to the conditions and leaving a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front (i.e. driving with common sense) you aren't going to slam into the back of a truck, no matter what the truck driver is doing

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

if you're driving within the speed limit, appropriately to the conditions and leaving a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front (i.e. driving with common sense) you aren't going to slam into the back of a truck, no matter what the truck driver is doing

Unless the truck did not have tail lights, the back was all black due to smoke from the exhaust, and there were no streetlights.

(All speculation)

On 20/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, Misterwhisper said:

Reverting back to ox carts might be a good start...

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

.....of course coming from a well educated road user!!! but sadly here.........?????

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

RIP latest victims of Thailand's horribly designed roads and do nothing police and government. 

RIP my ass.

It has bugger all to do with 'dangerous' u-turns either.

Local drivers have no spatial awareness and when confronted with something slowing down in front of them, or a brake light, they don't even take their foot off the accelerator but just dive into the 'open' lane regardless of the fact that the car that was in front of them was braking for a reason.

The u-turns have been there as long as they've been driving and reading daily about the other silly buggers getting creamed while flying down the 'fast' lane.

Thus the gene pool is deepened infinitesimally.

Edited by NanLaew

well scooters riders indicate, shame they never bloody cancel their indicators after , the number of times (every day in fact) i see this, mostly females it can be said, i pull up alongside and  do the recognised sign of your indicators are on. and point.i get the puzzled look . * why is that guy doing that. is he being rude ? * ha ha

Lets face it. Thai drivers are useless. If I was in charge. Cancel all drivers Thai license and restart with a Falang road skill test.

When I was there  to get a Thai license  , even though I had an Aussie one for many years, they had me pulling ropes and wooden pedals to attain a full Thai license  in the building rather than take me out on the road.  I thought what the <deleted> is this test all about.

PS I passed the test. What a surprise.

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

Agreed. The OP says the ten wheel truck was turning so two points; ten wheel trucks are usually not those with a trailer and so was turning as a single unit; as it was already turning it would hardly be doing that at speed. The damaged car looks a real mess so that must have most of the momentum, that is travelling fast. So according to the OP it would the car driver was at fault. Of course that's assuming nothing new comes from another interview with the truck driver. Condolences to the families.

6 hours ago, samsensam said:

I theory you are right..but we all know if you leave a safe distance the hole will immediately be filled by another vehicle..so you hang back to leave another safe distance and that is then filled by another vehicle and so on..nett result you feel like you are going backward ok your alive but it's frustrating. Better education the key?..Yes..but good luck with that.

15 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Unless the truck did not have tail lights, the back was all black due to smoke from the exhaust, and there were no streetlights.

(All speculation)

Then you are not driving appropriately to the conditions.

it isn't exactly a state secret that trucks do U turns and are often not well lit.

Sad to say that those who were probably at fault driving without due care and attention  paid the ultimate price.

15 hours ago, ThaiTrav said:
  18 hours ago, samsensam said:

15 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well scooters riders indicate, shame they never bloody cancel their indicators after , the number of times (every day in fact) i see this, mostly females it can be said, i pull up alongside and  do the recognised sign of your indicators are on. and point.i get the puzzled look . * why is that guy doing that. is he being rude ? * ha ha

please forgive them they don't know what they are doing

15 hours ago, mercman24 said:

How do you expect them to cancel their indicators when they are probably holding their phone with one hand and in a conversation ?  lol 

19 hours ago, samsensam said:

If you leave a safe distance in front it will not be there for long as some Thai will fill the gap , so you drop back again and another Thai fills the gap .     End up going backwards