Thalang car crash kills one year old baby

webfact

Thalang car crash kills one year old baby

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

image_6483441-2-3.jpg

At almost midnight (December 24), at Saladaeng intersection on Thepkasattri Road in Thalang, a 6-wheel bus crashed into a car, resulting in one casualty and two injured passengers.

The bus was driven by 42 year old Boonyong Linla, who police allege was driving at high speed and ignored a traffic light. He crashed into the car of the family of three, driven by 24 year old Pradit Robroo with two passengers, 18 year old Kanlaya Mianbut and one year old Kornkamon Robroo.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/thalang-car-crash-kills-one-year-old-baby

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-12-25

The young mother has also died in hospital.

The accident scenario is a common one.  The car was making a u-turn at the lights as soon as they turned red, apparently without checking for oncoming traffic.  Unfortunately, a speeding bus was barreling through the red light from the opposite direction.

Edited by Old Croc

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I know what you mean , but I do feel that "celebrate" is the wrong word to use .

*Thankful* would be more appropriate 

True... apologies.

OTT to highlight a point.... and I see from old croc at post 5 that the mother has died, exacerbating the tragedy.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

I know what you mean , but I do feel that "celebrate" is the wrong word to use .

*Thankful* would be more appropriate 

Vagaries of the English language I am afraid, but the word celebrate can be, has been, and is still used in this manner, its to do with emphasis

That is a fact

I have posted this just out of interest as this is way out of my remit

I agree with you that thankful would seem to be a more obvious and appropriate word to use, but its just not powerful enough in many circumstances