webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job in stopping voilence, maintaining economic stability, and keeping Thailand ticking over with various agricultural rural programs in place to assist farmers, something that the previous failed to do.

Many tv keyboard warriors just sit behind their pc's and complain, whinge, whine and carry on, well maybe it's time to stop your constant whinging and move. Yes go to Cambodia or Laos where the sun shines and you can enjoy 2018.

Another great year ahead for the Junta and Thailand ... !!    happy xmas to the TV members who like Thailand and the governance,  and the rest ...well they can gth. lol

5779bc48ab64962d9fb5e3d5464d5268-sld.jpg

Ah, Christmas: the season of peace and goodwill so I wish posters would stop suggesting  others  move to another country if they are not happy about certain things here.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

Prayut installed himself, so the question is irrelevant. The Thai people had no choice. I don't know what Merkel has to do with this?

The only way for democracy to work in Thailand is for the military to be under the control of the government. That has never been the case in Thailand, so political parties (prime ministers) have always served at the pleasure of the military commanders. Now we see a case of a military leader working hard to ensure that any elected leader will be a puppet on a very short string.

You asked the question, so here's my answer. Any genuinely elected leader is preferable to a general, no matter how bad they may be. There are democratic ways to change leadership. Tanks are not necessary. It amazes me that the current leadership has a huge expat fan club on here.

I know what you are trying to say . But please listen to what I say in all respect .

I am saying democracy is not working in most of the world to the benefit of its citizens any more.

I used Merkel as a prime example.In one swift move she has destroyed the demograhics of Germany for ever.She was elected and is totally unsuited for her position. My statement using her was just to make the point she was elected by democracy and is wrecking her country,at least Prayut is bringing his country forward.

What has democracy done good for America as of late if you talk to any Americans, How is democracy working in France,Belgium,Germany,and England. They are all suffering from poor government leadership, and are declining.

Democracy is over rated because we know nothing else.Prayut may not be perfect but he sure the hell beats  Merkel by a country mile taking care of his country man.

Edited by lovelomsak

9 hours ago, candide said:

This is a purely hypothetical question as the Thai did not have the right to choose between Prayuth and anyone else.

You are right they had no choice  but which leader is doing the most for their country certainly not Merkel.

Elected or not he does more for Thailand then Merkel for Germany.

Edited by lovelomsak

14 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I have to admit when he took over i was one of the not to optomistic people about how things would go . Coming from a democratic and only knowing democracy.

But now after what 4 years I walk around Thailand and wonder if I was wrong to judge so quick.

I see improvements in daily life. I go to the market can park my motorcycle near the market he took Yamaha motorcycles off the street and put them back in the showroom . They use to sit outside all day and take all the parking.He has opened parking near our bus station by removing illegal vendors. He has closed down 2 hillside girlslave brothels that I know were here maybe more.

I go to Pattaya now it is not a bunch of drunk european men walking around with no shirts.

These are just things that are easily visible and are major changes on how things are done in Thailand.

It would be nice if others could mention things he has done you see regularly that appears to be for the better..

The deadline is nearly out but here is a late candidate for the most ignorant and most fatuous post of the year.

The defenders of fascism once said Mussolini made the trains run on time.For this dimwit the bar is lower - he can park his motorcycle more easily.

57 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I know what you are trying to say . But please listen to what I say in all respect .

I am saying democracy is not working in most of the world to the benefit of its citizens any more.

I used Merkel as a prime example.In one swift move she has destroyed the demograhics of Germany for ever.She was elected and is totally unsuited for her position. My statement using her was just to make the point she was elected by democracy and is wrecking her country,at least Prayut is bringing his country forward.

What has democracy done good for America as of late if you talk to any Americans, How is democracy working in France,Belgium,Germany,and England. They are all suffering from poor government leadership, and are declining.

Democracy is over rated because we know nothing else.Prayut may not be perfect but he sure the hell beats  Merkel by a country mile taking care of his country man.

Thank you for understanding Thailand is not ready for the democracy smokescreen .... ( because that's all it is in most countries )

A good balanced post ....  not just continued complaints.   thanks.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

Ah, Christmas: the season of peace and goodwill so I wish posters would stop suggesting  others  move to another country if they are not happy about certain things here.

why ?  the keyboard warriors do nothing but whine and whinge daily .. it gets a bit much, they don't care for thailand.... so why not go.  Not saying it's perfect but at least Khun Prayuth is trying to keep Thailand on an even keel.

And yes,  xmas is about peace and goodwill ... merry xmas to you

Image result for emoticon xmas

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

You might as well argue for the abolition of hospitals given we are all going to die anyway. I mean, how overrated is healthcare?

2 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

They can change the leaders, can they? 

Thank you for understanding Thailand is not ready for the democracy smokescreen .... ( because that's all it is in most countries )
A good balanced post ....  not just continued complaints.   thanks.

This exchange reminds me of almost any scene from Dumb and Dumber...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh stop whining ....  :coffee1:  get a life

Hello Steven, my favorite TVF troll. I can see that all the critizism the junta leader and the no. 2 ogre has come under for all the astoundingly expensive watches and other evidence of rampant corr unusual wealth has not reduced your Pavlovian need to defend him.

Tell me Steven, if Thailand gets a new Shin supported government in 2018/2019 can we look forward to you moving to another country? Can you promise us that?

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh stop whining ....  :coffee1:  get a life

My life has been much fulfilling but I am worry for you and your obsession. Take your meds and early sleep may help clear your mind. And take your that silly military uniform you have on since the coup. 

not reading your stupid whinging replies. If you don't like the Thai governance then you know what to do. It's not going to change becuase of your complaining so get over it. Thailand is not ready for democracy ( which is just a stupid word ) as you should know ...  so live with it and stop your whining. Merry xmas ...

image.png.a9a37b97a48bed41e9a54af702979ffd.png

EcmujBWBMSnRIAHIcBoHVp26dOvNOxHw7N1hv5Dh

EcmujBWBMSnRIAHIcBoHVp26dOvNOxHw7N1hv5Dh

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Democracy must have good governance, says Prayut ....   correct ....

but Thailand is awash with parties who cannot rule or run good governanace.

Merry Christmas to Thailand and it's future ...

Image result for Khun Prayuth Chan O cHA
Image result for Khun Prayuth Chan O cHA

Dear Steven. Please answer this one simple question as several of your fellow TVF posters are dying to know your answer:

If another Shin supported government is installed will you move away from Thailand?

Will be hanging around till Democracy is restored and hopefully the next government has enough support to seek a referendum to re-write the constitution to made it more people centric. My wish for 2018 is for election to take place and the corrupt military generals will see their days in court and maybe in Hague. Happy new year everyone.