The "New Underpass"

DD13

Went through the new underpass midday yesterday.....was surprised to see (well almost) a m/cycle using the opposite lane

Went through again in the evening... again saw a m/cycle, this time undertake me 

Both were Thais.....who obviously don't give a "toss" for their country nor its laws

"Beam me up Scotty"

But you were one of our Tunnel Flooders. Nor have you answered the roll call. Why not?

So now we know that you did survive the disappointment, DD13, while not owning up to any foolishness. Glad you're at least finding comfort in some THAI behavior contrary to some rules--in connection with the underpass.

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But you were one of our Tunnel Flooders. Nor have you answered the roll call. Why not?

So now we know that you did survive the disappointment, DD13, while not owning up to any foolishness. Glad you're at least finding comfort in some THAI behavior contrary to some rules--in connection with the underpass.

After all the inconvenience the construction caused I have to say the underpass does work well

Sadly.... I guess it's only a matter of time before a fatality happens

But with these Thai m/c jerks already abusing the rules, it won't take long

A guy on motorcycle has already been killed on top of the tunnel trying to go straight on the right lanes that turn right into Klang, hit the kerb and into the traffic lamp post, and the next day after that a similar crash by speeding youths late at night hit the same spot, not dead unfortunately

6 hours ago, digbeth said:

I saw a guy riding without helmet today, and I think, yesterday I saw another guy riding wrong way down the road

I too saw somebody riding without a helmet a few days ago, and today I saw someone riding on the sidewalk! Ohhh the horror!

Edited by AlQaholic

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

I too saw somebody riding without a helmet a few days ago, and today I saw someone riding on the sidewalk! Ohhh the horror!

Ha! Reminds me of something. So might I say that, yesterday I saw a m/c helmet that wasn't worn...strange I saw that it wasn't worn again today...some of these OP's are a bit strange eh?

6 hours ago, digbeth said:

speeding youths late at night hit the same spot, not dead unfortunately

What a sick thing to say. Teenage males do reckless things everywhere in the world. Some of them get away with it. Some suffer the consequences.  As annoying as they may be, to wish that they would die doesn't demonstrate the moral, mature high ground that you apparently think you possess.

11 hours ago, DD13 said:

Both were Thais.....who obviously don't give a "toss" for their country nor its laws

And in your country everyone abides by the honor system regarding adhering to all the laws, thus making the police redundant??

Where is the Eden on earth where everyone is so devoted to their country that "seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day?" And why did you run away from it?

53 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

And in your country everyone abides by the honor system regarding adhering to all the laws, thus making the police redundant??

Where is the Eden on earth where everyone is so devoted to their country that "seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day?" And why did you run away from it?

I'm fairly fit but even I couldn't run 6,000 miles so I flew here ?

My country doesn't have to tolerate 60+ road deaths a day 

Edited by DD13
Extra

14 hours ago, DD13 said:

Went through the new underpass midday yesterday.....was surprised to see (well almost) a m/cycle using the opposite lane

Went through again in the evening... again saw a m/cycle, this time undertake me 

Both were Thais...

Why do you think Thailand now tops the rankings as the country with the highest death rate in road accidents...

Have to say no one has ever personally sued the manufactures of those lucky amulets that are supposed to protect the wearer from death.

Edited by Basil B

Get real, it is a country full of scofflaws with an ineffective police force.

They were on duty for a spell after the tunnel first opened, I even went through myself once on the bike just after it opened, as I didn't know not to, and the sign was in Thai at the time. That also applies to the railway line bypass, many try to go down it the wrong way from being too lazy and stupid to drive further on and U-Turn or not knowing it is a dual carriageway (there aren't any no entry or one way signs along it's entire length and there are old lane marking arrows suggesting it could be 2 way.)

Avoiding 2 sets of traffic lights where all shade has been obliterated makes sense to a guy on a bike.

Edited by jacko45k