Best music is from last century?

thaibeachlovers

The OP got lost somewhere among all the posting of random music VDOs, so if the mods want to close this thread, by all means do so.

It's been interesting, and I learned a lot. Even found some music I never knew about, but every thread must die, eventually, so I'll say goodbye and 

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, transam said:

To be honest I can't think of any singer or band where l can say l like all their stuff, perhaps Roy Orbison may be the exception..He has loads of stuff that folk have probably never heard, though l have heard the lot..:stoner:

Well this is for Mr. Trans: This is the original 1962 Monument  recording of Dream Baby with the voice still on verse/chorus 1-2 and then I removed the lead vocal verse/chorus 3-5. This is the kind of stuff I like to play on.

Dream Baby CUT1a Roy Orbison.mp3

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No doubt, but I think they didn't use LSD till later on, and that stuff can have bad effects. I was referring to LSD though that may not have been obvious.

They were  using amphetamines - Ya ba -  since 1960. Speed screws up one's mind - long term - more than any other drug besides something like PCP. It sounds like you just don't like their psychodelic phrase and they only did a few albums like that. Let It Be and Hey Jude were pretty much basic rock and roll.

23 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

i don't know why there's certain people who didn't like The Beatles :(  they make beautiful music  i think... yes its pop &

thats why they called it British Pop ..55555

Happy Birthday to this man btw

And I can say I had a couple of beers with the guy back in the 60's before his stuff happened....:stoner:

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

They were  using amphetamines - Ya ba -  since 1960. Speed screws up one's mind - long term - more than any other drug besides something like PCP. It sounds like you just don't like their psychodelic phrase and they only did a few albums like that. Let It Be and Hey Jude were pretty much basic rock and roll.

Psychedelic phase. OK. No I didn't like it, except the LSD song was quite good.

I loved the full Hey Jude, but DJs refused to play it all as they lost advertising time.

However you can't do rock and roll dancing to it so not R & R. Maybe a ballad?

Let it Be did zilch for me.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Psychedelic phase. OK. No I didn't like it, except the LSD song was quite good.

I loved the full Hey Jude, but DJs refused to play it all as they lost advertising time.

However you can't do rock and roll dancing to it so not R & R. Maybe a ballad?

Let it Be did zilch for me.

tbl won't like it but in my view one of their greatest tracks. The drums drive a constant rhythm whilst John's melody and the innovative tape loops for the time are spot on in creating the sense of  floating downstream.amidst life's chaos.

Far out man.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

tbl won't like it but in my view one of their greatest tracks. The drums drive a constant rhythm whilst John's melody and the innovative tape loops for the time are spot on in creating the sense of  floating downstream.amidst life's chaos.

Far out man.

Blocked.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:29 PM, transam said:

And I can say I had a couple of beers with the guy back in the 60's before his stuff happened....:stoner:

youre a lucky mate..top blokes, i never really sad when a singer died..but when he died  , i was deeply sad..because it was his song "space oddity " that i play during my first hiking trip/camping

Edited by NonthaburiBear