Best music is from last century?

thaibeachlovers

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I am ashamed to admit that although I tried, I just don't love the Beatles. Probably because they were broke up before I was a teen. I can say I don't mind their songs, but they have a corny feel to them and I certainly would n't play any of them for myself. I accept they were revolutionary, but the music scene had advanced by the time I was paying attention to music. late 70's.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I am ashamed to admit that although I tried, I just don't love the Beatles. Probably because they were broke up before I was a teen. I can say I don't mind their songs, but they have a corny feel to them and I certainly would n't play any of them for myself. I accept they were revolutionary, but the music scene had advanced by the time I was paying attention to music. late 70's.

Why ashamed? Many people under 50 wouldnt love them or even like them.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why don't you tell us the music you like instead of telling us the music you don't like?

Leonard Cohen

Tom Waitts

Joe Cocker

Van

Pearl Jam

Louis Armstrong

Solomon Burke

BB King

Buddy Guy

Muddy

Luther Allison

Iceman

Guitar Shorty

Bonnie Raitt

Dr John

Gatemouth Brown

Johny Winter

Joe Bonamassa

Kenny Wayne Sheppard

Michael Burks

Janiva Magness

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

The Beatles were taking hard drugs and drinking alcohol before they became famous, starting when they were working crazy hours in Hamburg. None of the Beatles recorded music came about from innocence.  athrashi.gifmusic%20in%20thailand.gif

No doubt, but I think they didn't use LSD till later on, and that stuff can have bad effects. I was referring to LSD though that may not have been obvious.

2 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

i don't know why there's certain people who didn't like The Beatles :(  they make beautiful music  i think... yes its pop &

thats why they called it British Pop ..55555

Happy Birthday to this man btw

I liked the Beatles that made pop songs, but not when they made something else. Can't remember exactly when the music died, but certainly by the time they made Sgt Pepper.

Don't recall the name of the album, but one I tried to listen to sounded like a bunch of guys on a drug induced brain melt down, which they probably were.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No doubt, but I think they didn't use LSD till later on, and that stuff can have bad effects. I was referring to LSD though that may not have been obvious.

LSD certainly screwed Peter Green up. Such a shame, one of the best guitarists of his time.