Chess federation says Israel excluded from Saudi-hosted match

webfact

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

The only reason that might be remotely true would be because of the stranglehold that Israel illegally has had on the Palestinian Territories for several generations.

Arabs have no rights even to their own homes, they are routinely evicted at gunpoint with no redress, but I'm sure you are fully aware of that even if, as it seems, you are in denial.

Yeah, nothing whatsoever to do with actions and decisions taken by the Palestinians and their Arab sponsors. Nothing to do with decades of Palestinian rejectionism. And falsehoods do not make a great argument - Arabs do have rights, if not to the full extent of what they ought to be. The "no rights even to their own homes" is incorrect, and the same goes for "no redress".

But obviously, nothing much to add on topic, hence turning it into a generic I-don't-like-Israel-fest.

Edited by Morch

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Morch said:

Black people in South Africa were citizens, The Palestinians (at least those living in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip) are not citizens of Israel. If and when Israel annexes these territories and fails to give them rights, you'd have a better case. May want to check what de Klerk had to say about that, pretty much as above.

Other than that the obvious hypocrisy of citing Saudi Arabia's action as relating to struggle for equal rights or against oppression is quite amusing.

Pure deflection on your part, I did not mention Saudi Arabia so why pretend that I did?

Neither did I claim that Palestinians are citizens of Israel, as their citizenship has no bearing on what I was talking about, namely the shameful way in which they are treated by Israel.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Pure deflection on your part, I did not mention Saudi Arabia so why pretend that I did?

Neither did I claim that Palestinians are citizens of Israel, as their citizenship has no bearing on what I was talking about, namely the shameful way in which they are treated by Israel.

A "deflection" how? This topic is about a decision by Saudi Arabia. I get it that expecting comments to be on topic is far fetched for some, but "deflection"? Lame.

If you wish to reference South Africa, and somehow imply a similarity, the citizenship issue does play a role. As pointed out, even South Africa's former President, de Klerk, is of the same opinion. One can make a whole lot of valid comments about the wrongs of the Israeli occupation, without dabbling in such as the above.

But again, this topic is - Chess federation says Israel excluded from Saudi-hosted match. As pointed out by other posters this is not quite about taking a moral stand, but rather expressing a political constraint. Once more, not quite the same as the example cited.