Your Opinion of Mitsubitshi "Inverter" A/Cs

Pib

On 1/10/2018 at 4:41 PM, Pib said:

Some very preliminary feedback on the Mitsubitshi MSY-GN-24VF (23K BTU) on energy savings after having monitored/compared the energy usage over a 24 hour period with past energy usage.   

I have logged my monthly electricity usage since moving into my Bangkok house over 9 years ago.  I know exactly how many KiloWattHours (KWH) I've used each year and for each month.  

When I look at last year's bill for this time period and do some math to convert it to a daily average Kwh used I get 54.68Kwh/day.   If I use 2 years worth for this time of year I get 54.26Kwh/day....for 3 years 50.62Kwh....for 9 years 53.34Kwh.   The temperature setting I've always used on my A/Cs over these periods is 26C.

When I looked at the amount of electricity I used from yesterday morning at 11:20am to this morning at 11:20am I used exactly 36Kwh.  During this period the A/C was set to 25C, one degree cooling than my normal setting of 26C.  I expect if I had set the inverter to the same 26C the usage yesterday would have been a little less than 36Kwh.   

Anyway, using above past daily average Kwh usage and amount used over the 24 hour/1 day period mentioned above, I get the following percentage savings:  

- Based on past 2 years average: 34% savings

- Based on past 3 years average: 29% savings

- Based on past 9 years average: 32% savings

I was kinda surprised my electricity savings was right around the 30% savings that A/C inverter manufacturers always advertised.    But 1 day of current usage data is not very much....I will recalculate some numbers after 3 and 7 days of usage, but I expect it going to come out right around 30% savings.

So, what does a 32% monthly savings (based on my 9 years of past usage during this time of year) mean to me baht-wise based on my typical electrical bill?  This is a cooler time of year so my monthly bill is usually a little over Bt6,000...during the hot months it's been around Bt10,000.  This means a 32% reduction of Bt6,000K would reduce that bill by $1,920....and reduce a month bill of Bt10,000 by Bt3,200.   

Let's say I end up with an average savings of Bt2,500/month over a typical year  To recover the total Bt38,800 spent to buy and install the inverter A/C it will take me 15.5 months to recover that cost....not bad, a pretty fast payback period.

So far, so good.  And I have to repeat the inside and outside unit are so, so quiet.  

Update to above.  Based on KWH usage from 14-21 Jan (a 7 day period) in comparison to my average usage during the same period over the previous 9 years, my KWH usage has dropped by 39.7% due to use of the inverter A/C.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update to above savings regarding use of my new  23K BTU Mitsubishi inverter A/C which runs 24/7 to cool most of the lower floor of my house....it replaced a 18K BTU fixed speed/standard A/C....please review my earlier posts for more details of the area the new inverter A/C cools.    

My electric bill runs from 13th of the month to the 13th of the next month.....example: 13 Jan thru 13 Feb.  Been that way ever since I've lived in my Bangkok house since 2008.   And I have logged electric bill monthly KiloWattHour (KWH) usage from 13 Jan 2009 to 13 Feb 2018 (today).   

The bulk of my electricity/power usage is the A/C that runs 24/7 (i.e., the 18K BTU A/C that was replaced 8 Jan 18 by the Mitsubishi 23K BTU inverter A/C) combined with an upstairs master bedroom 18K BTU fixed speed/standard A/C that runs for around 10 hours every night.   Temp for both is usually set to 26C.   Have five other A/Cs in various rooms but they get used very little....many times some are not even turned on for months at a time.  Then I have all the other electric stuff in the house such as big screen TVs, TV settop boxes, computers, water/shower heaters, water pump, 3 refrigerators, fans, lights, washer, dryer, etc...etc...etc.

Now that I have my 13 Jan - 13 Feb "2018" electric bill I did some updated comparisons against the 13 Jan - 13 Feb period of previous years for a good apples-to-apples comparison of weather/temp/humidity times during this time of the year.  Of course the weather/temp/humidity varies year-to-year for a specific period such as  the 13 Jan - 13 Feb period....some are hotter or cooler than others...but at least I'm covering the same 31 day period of 13 Jan - 13 Feb over various years.

Here's some previous years usage:

- 13 Jan - 13 Feb "2017":...last year's usage...63.1 Kwh used per day

- 13 Jan - 13 Feb "2015-2017"...the previous 3 years average: 52.4 Kwh used per day

- 13 Jan - 13 Feb "2009-2017"...the previous 9 years average: 55.5 Kwh used per day

Note: don't know why the Jan-Feb "2017" period was so much higher than the average of previous years...maybe it was just hotter, more  humid last year....my A/C, electricity usage pattern was the same as previous years....etc.

And now the drum roll please, my total house daily Kwh usage for 13 Jan - 13 Feb "2018" with my new Mitsubishi inverter A/C in the mix was:  33.4 Kwh/day.   Yes sir, a big drop/savings from the yearly averages above when I didn't have this inverter A/C in use.

Doing some more math my current reduction in Kwh usage/savings in caparison to the above mentioned previous 1, 3 and 9 year periods is 47.1%, 36.3%, and 39.9%, respectively.   

I'm somewhat surprised (but happy) at the large size of the reduction/savings.   Once again, don't know why the 47.1% savings in comparison to only last year is so much better than the 3 and 9 year averages....maybe just hotter/more humid last year causing last year's Kwh usage to be higher.

Above is a big reduction/savings.  While I don't expect the savings to be that big in the coming months when it gets seriously hot and humid,  I do feel fairly confident the savings will still be around 30%.  If it's more I will not complain.

I'll report back later with details from the coming hot months.  You know the months when we usually see an increase of ThaiVisa posts asking if the cost of electricity has went up because the electric bill went way up.  But the cost per Kwh did not go up....it's just a person's electricity usage went way up because of running their A/C(s) a lot more....and an A/C can eat a lot of electricity.

Yeap, I be a happy camper so far with my new Mitsubishi 23K BTU inverter A/C that has been running 24/7 since it's 8 Jan 18 installation date...no problems...much lower Kwh usage....and it's so quiet.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned in earlier post my monthly electric bill period is from the 13th to 13th of adjourning months.   Although I haven't got my bill for 13 Feb-13 Mar 18 period yet since it's not over, since I'm 17 days through this particular billing period which will be 28 days I figure I'm far enough thru the billing period to give an update on my estimated KWH usage/savings.

- For "last year" during 13 Feb-13 Mar 2017 period I used 58 Kwh per day

- An "average of my last 3 years" 13 Feb - 13 Mar 2015-2017 periods I used an average of 59 Kwh per day.

- After 17 of 28 days in my current, ongoing billing period 13 Feb -13 Mar 2018 I've used 38 Kwh per day.

-  Using last year's 58 kwh compared to my current 38 Kwh per day, that's a 34.5%reduction/savings in Kwh usage.

- Using my previous 3 year average usage per day of 59 Kwh compared to my current 38 Kwh per day, that's a 35.6% reduction/savings in Kwh usage.

-  OK, what does that mean to me in baht saved per month.  Well, using last year's 13 Feb -13 Mar 17 period my bill was Bt6,865. Remember this is the electric bill for my two story home where one A/C runs 24/7, another A/C around 10 hours nightly. and I have all kinds of stuff eating electricity like TVs, lights, computers, settop boxes, fans, 3 frigs, clothes washer, clother dryer, shower heaters...just a house-full of stuff eating electricity. 

- Using a 34.5% Kwh savings, my bill for the  2018 period should be around Bt4,497 which will be a Bt2,368 savings over last year's bill of Bt6,865.     

-  In closing, the Mitsubishi 23K BTU  inverter A/C installed on 8 Jan 18 has been running 24/7 since installation without any problems.  It's fan speed is set to Auto and temp set to 26C.  This Mitsubishi inverter replaced a York 18K BTU fixed speed/standard A/C.   I cleaned the filters for the first time today and they really did not need any cleaning...only a slight build-up of dust. For a few seconds I thought about not even cleaning them (must have been in a super lazy state of mind)....just sliding them back in. But I did clean them...only took a few minutes.  With the over 30% Kwh savings per month which means a Bt2,000 to Bt3,000 savings per month for me I'm a happy camper (knock on wood) so far.   

• Thanks 1

Pib...if yer running the unit 24/7 then inspect the coils on the evaporator (inside) unit when you clean the filters...we did a thorough unit cleaning after 6mos operation on our identical unit and they were filthy...very unexpected as I had a close look to check their cleanliness before installation ('a new and clean condition')...also to check any shipping/handling damage to the fins..

Edited by tutsiwarrior

2 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

Pib...if yer running the unit 24/7 then inspect the coils on the evaporator (inside) unit when you clean the filters...we did a thorough unit cleaning after 6mos operation on our identical unit and they were filthy...very unexpected as I had a close look to check their cleanliness before installation ('a new and clean condition')...also to check any shipping/handling damage to the fins..

Yea...they are still clean....no need of cleaning yet.  But yes, if you clean any A/C fins/coils, say every 6 months, the water coming out will be blackish.    Applies to the evaporator (inside unit) or condensor (outside unit).  I do all my own A/C cleaning...been doing it 10 years now....even use pressured water along with foam cleaner.  In fact, sometime next week I'll be cleaning my masterbed room 20K BTU York A/C  (the one that runs around 10 hours every night) to be ready for the really hot part of the year.   

And I have a fin comb to straighten out any bent fins but there are none.   The installer did bend some fins on the condensor when installing it on the side of the house, but he used a fin comb to straighten them out like new "because I made him."

Edited by Pib

In our case unit will cease operating within 5-6 months due to how dirty they are - much worse than any other A/C I have ever used.  Hope your unit works better but it has not been the filter but what seems to be getting through or around the filter staying in the fins and completely blocking airflow at some point.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

In our case unit will cease operating within 5-6 months due to how dirty they are - much worse than any other A/C I have ever used.  Hope your unit works better but it has not been the filter but what seems to be getting through or around the filter staying in the fins and completely blocking airflow at some point.

yeah...this seems to be a problem with most units not just mitsubishi as there's no positive seal between the filters and the coils allowing the coils to become contaminated...and we all know that the performance can decrease dramatically when this is the case...industrial heat exchangers come with correction curves to account for contamination (scaling, etc) when not in a 'new and clean' condition when measuring efficiency...not to mention big utility boilers that operate under extreme conditions of temp and pressure for which there can be catastrophic material failure when things get 'clogged' and then overheat...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

What I have found over my 10 years of cleaning my A/Cs is when the "cage fan" becomes dirty its ability to pull air thru the fins and push air out into the room is greatly reduced. 

A person might think the fins are dirty/clogged but it's really a dirty cage fan causing the reduced air flow.    This also the A/C to draw more amps as the A/C must work harder in trying to cool the room due to reduce air flow.  What really works hard is the condensor (outside unit) because it has to run more/longer.

And if watching a tech clean your A/C you may think most of the blackish stuff in the spray water draining into the catchment bag is from dirty fins but it's really from the dirty cage fan. 

For my York A/Cs after about 6 months the cage fan becomes very dirty....air flow is very significantly reduced...the flow out of the A/C vent is primarily from the middle versus even across the vent.  A/C amperage usage goes up. 

There have been times I've only cleaned the cage fan since the fins look clean from a visual inspection to include shining a flash light through them.  So, instead of doing a complete A/C clean I just clean the cage fan which allow the air flow and cooling to return to normal and the A/C amps draw drops to normal like with a new unit.  

Guess what I'm saying reduced air flow (and cooling efficiency) may not be due to dirty fins, but mostly due to a dirty cage fan.

was gonna say that it's the insulating properties of the contamination on the heat exchanger surfaces that reduces the heat transfer but a good point regarding the reduced air flow due to a dirty fan impeller which will cause the rotating device to run at less than optimum efficiency meaning more amps...

simply put...it's best to keep things clean...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 11:12 AM, Pib said:

As mentioned in earlier post my monthly electric bill period is from the 13th to 13th of adjourning months.   Although I haven't got my bill for 13 Feb-13 Mar 18 period yet since it's not over, since I'm 17 days through this particular billing period which will be 28 days I figure I'm far enough thru the billing period to give an update on my estimated KWH usage/savings.

- For "last year" during 13 Feb-13 Mar 2017 period I used 58 Kwh per day

- An "average of my last 3 years" 13 Feb - 13 Mar 2015-2017 periods I used an average of 59 Kwh per day.

- After 17 of 28 days in my current, ongoing billing period 13 Feb -13 Mar 2018 I've used 38 Kwh per day.

-  Using last year's 58 kwh compared to my current 38 Kwh per day, that's a 34.5%reduction/savings in Kwh usage.

- Using my previous 3 year average usage per day of 59 Kwh compared to my current 38 Kwh per day, that's a 35.6% reduction/savings in Kwh usage.   

OK, I now have my usage/bill for the entire 13 Feb-13 Mar 18 billing period.  Average daily usage over that 28 day period was 39.57 Kwh compared to the previous 3 year average per day of 59 Kwh as talked above.  That works out to a 33% reduction (32.93% for those that want 2-digit accuracy).   

Yeap, I'm enjoying this big drop in usage and the approx one-third drop in my electric bill due to installation of the Mitsubishi inverter A/C.   Cool. 

On 02/03/2018 at 8:18 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

yeah...this seems to be a problem with most units not just mitsubishi as there's no positive seal between the filters and the coils allowing the coils to become contaminated...and we all know that the performance can decrease dramatically when this is the case...industrial heat exchangers come with correction curves to account for contamination (scaling, etc) when not in a 'new and clean' condition when measuring efficiency...not to mention big utility boilers that operate under extreme conditions of temp and pressure for which there can be catastrophic material failure when things get 'clogged' and then overheat...

I use masking tape to seal the edge of the filters to the unit ...

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I use masking tape to seal the edge of the filters to the unit ...

good idea...the filter screens appear to fit snugly but stuff still gets though as demonstrated by the gunk that comes out when rinsing during a coil cleaning, the fan suction causing the usual differential and the contamination will always use any available path etc...

just cleaned my bedroom unit filters a couple of days ago...havta stand on the edge of the bed to reach things and this time I lost my footing and 'whoooah nellie!' and almost fell over...just to illustrate the hazards of routine AC maintenance...

gettin' too old fer this shit...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drum roll please....update:  I now now have my usage/bill for the 13 Apr -13 May 18 billing period, that is my May bill.  Average daily usage over that 30 day period was 46.77 Kwh compared to the previous 3 year average per day of 71.90 Kwh.   That works out to a "34.95%" reduction/savings....oh, heck lets round that to 35%.

So, the new Mitsubishi inverter A/C that runs 24//7...which is primary A/C used in my home that I added into the mix of my other home A/Cs...continues to allow over a 30% savings in my monthly electric bill just like in most inverter A/C advertising....which for me works out to a little over a Bt2,000 reduction per month. 

If this inverter A/C was the only A/C I use in my house I expect the percentage savings would be higher.  But as described in my earlier posts I do use another fixed speed/standard 20K BTU A/C in the master bedroom that runs about 10-12 hours over each 24 hour period and some other A/Cs in other rooms that get used "just a little" each month.

Still on-track for the A/C to pay for itself in approx 18 months....and it sure is nice seeing a significantly lower electric bill each month.

See you next month with an update on my June bill savings....and boy, it's getting hot.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:35 PM, Pib said:

What I have found over my 10 years of cleaning my A/Cs is when the "cage fan" becomes dirty its ability to pull air thru the fins and push air out into the room is greatly reduced. 

I started cleaning my own too..in this case only a few months after the last "professional cleaning"

5afb9fa7e0569_P_20170218_101655(Large).jpg.7378ed128235aff208032beaf0f811ed.jpg

I actually took the hamster /cage fan out

( with lots of difficulty and swearing)  and cleaned it in the bathroom with an old toothbrush and washing up liquid...last week I looked again and there where "startings" of the mold/dust reappearing  so got out the hand pump sprayer and bleached the bugger + evaporator coil in situ  only had to remove the drip tray to give the  drain pipe a good blow..I wish they would design these things better for easy cleaning....yes yes the high pressure washer... have to be very careful with those ! :shock1::w00t:

My last 3 year average of last electric bill is 1874 hours but this years bill was only 1504 hours so expect some of your total savings may have more to do with the weather this year than the inverter.  Although we have had some very hot days most have been cooled by a lot more rainy weather than is normal.  Not taking anything away from the inverter - have just bought a second unit of that type myself - but it is no yet in use so does not account for my lower bills.  I am not billed at the same period you are either so not an exact match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

I started cleaning my own too..in this case only a few months after the last "professional cleaning"

( with lots of difficulty and swearing)  and cleaned it in the bathroom with an old toothbrush and washing up liquid...last week I looked again and there where "startings" of the mold/dust reappearing  so got out the hand pump sprayer and bleached the bugger + evaporator coil in situ  only had to remove the drip tray to give the  drain pipe a good blow..I wish they would design these things better for easy cleaning....yes yes the high pressure washer... have to be very careful with those ! :shock1::w00t:

Great picture of a dirty cage fan.  And in my case for an A/C that I use daily after 6 months the cage fan is dirtier than the one in the picture...thicker built-up of gunk.   The cooling fins/coils are not too dirty...but the cage funk is very dirty.

When the cage fan gets dirty you should notice when moving your hand from left to right across the entire length of the air output vent the air output will uneven/reduced.   When I say uneven and if like mine when the fans gets dirty the air output remains pretty strong in the middle of the vent but very significantly reduced on both ends of the vent. 

A person might think it dirty/clogged cooling fins/coils or filter but it probably just a dirty cage fan.   Sometimes when this uneven flow occurs I only clean the cage fan and the cooling and air flow is back to normal....simply a dirty cage fan....cooling fins/coils are fine.

This results in reduced air volume output, uneven flow of air thru the cooling fins/coils, reduced cooling for the room, and causes the outside unit/condensor/compressor to work harder...stay on longer...eats more electricity....causes a higher electric bill.

Yes sir, a dirty cage fan reduces cooling and increases your electric bill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

My last 3 year average of last electric bill is 1874 hours but this years bill was only 1504 hours so expect some of your total savings may have more to do with the weather this year than the inverter.  Although we have had some very hot days most have been cooled by a lot more rainy weather than is normal.  Not taking anything away from the inverter - have just bought a second unit of that type myself - but it is no yet in use so does not account for my lower bills.  I am not billed at the same period you are either so not an exact match.

Doing the math on my previous 9 years of electric bills for my 13 Apr - 13 May billing period my average daily usage was 75.02 Kwh.   That is compared to this year's usage of 46.77 Kwh/day with the inverter A/C in the mix. That equates to a 37.7% reduction.

Now I do know years back I did run my main A/C at 25C compared to 26C now so that caused my earlier year KwH to go up a few percent...and now some trees have grown larger that provides some shade to two sides of my house.   So over the years changes like running at 25C vs 26C, some shade around the house, etc., can definitely cause a noticeable, but small, difference in  your electric bill.

But whether I compared to only last years, last 3 years, or last 9 years plus taking in account a few environmental factors this new inverter A/C which is my main A/C has made a big difference in my electric bill....lowered it by approx one-third....so much quieter than the standard A/C it replaced  And hopefully it will be as reliable as the standard A/C it replaced which lasted 10 years running durn near 24/7.....time will tell.     

I have also started to think more about replacing the fixed speed/standard 20K BTU A/C in the master bedroom that runs 10-12 hours everyday....replace it with an 18K BTU invertor.   While that standard 20K BTU A/C is still working/cooling fine, I'm guessing I could lower my electric bill by around another 1000 baht per month if I replaced it with a Mitsubishi inverter 18K BTU A/C....total price including installation would be around Bt27K. 

That means it would take around 27 months to recoup that investment....longer period to recoup the cost since it doesn't run 24 hours a day...only runs 10-12 hours.

Since the main downstairs A/C (the inverter A/C that I have been posting about) and my upstairs master bedroom A/C account for probably around 95% of my A/C usage by getting both of my main A/C locations running inverter A/Cs I can get the great bulk of A/C savings possible in my home.   I still have 5 other rooms with 5 standard but smaller A/Cs which get used very little....that's where the remaining 5% of A/C usage is each month.  I would continue to keep these A/Cs until they become un-repairable some day which will hopefully be a long time from now since they don't get used much but I still turn them on at least monthly, keep them clean, etc.  But I don't have to clean them very often...around every two years....since they don't get used much.

When I say uneven and if like mine when the fans gets dirty the air output remains pretty strong in the middle of the vent but very significantly reduced on both ends of the vent.

My Hitachi is exactly the opposite: the weak part is in the middle and the two ends work fine. I've never been able to understand why as the cage fan gets equally dirty across its entire length.

I find that the only way to stop (or, more accurately, slow) the build-up of that black gunge on the fan is to spray with chemicals, be it vinegar or something more specialised. Dismantling and cleaning only works for a few weeks, and then the stuff comes back again no matter how thorough the cleaning job was.

It should not be beyond the wit of man to develop an air-con fan that cleans itself.

When I say uneven and if like mine when the fans gets dirty the air output remains pretty strong in the middle of the vent but very significantly reduced on both ends of the vent.

It should not be beyond the wit of man to develop an air-con fan that cleans itself.

I think this is a job for NHK

"supreme skills" tv show

to crack once and for all.

Avoid samsung, as the company has a policy of not making parts after 36 months, for their entire product line. They make some excellent products. I have had an 18,000 btu Samsung inverter AC for 10 years now, and it keeps on humming. But, I have had to trash two very nice LED TV's. which broke, and parts for them could not be sourced. Samsung told me straight up, there are no parts available anywhere.

I recently purchased a Panasonic inverter AC for the bedroom. It was expensive. But, it was worth it. It is a super fine unit, and is whisper quiet on the low speeds. Very happy with it.

I do agree about Daikin. They make units that are far superior to the Mitsubishi units. 

Lastly, I have made a habit of calling the AC guy out every 6 months, to break down each one of my units, and give it a major cleaning. It only costs about 500 per unit, and is well worth it. Keeps them very efficient. Lastly, I clean my filters every week to 10 days. That also seems to help to keep the units operating smoothly and quietly and it probably reduces dust in the air.

Edited by spidermike007

On May 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM, johng said:

The blades on these fans are typically concave. Dirt tends to stick in this concavity and radically reduces the pull.

It is a cause of breakdown in central heating boilers as reduced pull will eventually not trigger the failsafe vacuum sensor and the boiler will refuse to light.

I watched as my mr slim 24k btu inverter unit was cleaned last week after 8mos...the evaporator fan roller cage was not too bad with a bit of debris, no mold that I could see, but the rinse water from the coils was seriously black; black mold?...I live in a small town and the airborne debris problem may not be as bad as in other locales...can't get a handle on the source of the coil contamination...

always best to clean the unit routinely in any case...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

3 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

.I live in a small town and the airborne debris problem may not be as bad as in other locales..

Where open burning of trash is a daily ritual and periorioc burning of fields is routine?  Small towns may not have the stagenet haze issues but they have a lot of dust and dirt blowing around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I watched as my mr slim 24k btu inverter unit was cleaned last week after 8mos...the evaporator fan roller cage was not too bad with a bit of debris, no mold that I could see, but the rinse water from the coils was seriously black; black mold?...I live in a small town and the airborne debris problem may not be as bad as in other locales...can't get a handle on the source of the coil contamination...

always best to clean the unit routinely in any case...

And you could wait only one month to do another cleaning once again see serious black rinse water, but you A/C would still be working just as good as it did one month earlier.  It takes little gunk/contamination to change the color of water to blackish.    Lots of dust in the air...dust you can't see unless letting it builds up for a few days....like when dusting your furniture after a week.  You can wonder where does all this dust come from....and  you don't even keep any windows or doors open. And a higher humidity environment here in the tropics of SE Asia does make it much easier for mold to grow faster which is blackish in color.

This is especially true for the outside unit (i.e., condenser/compressor) which is flowing "outside" air through it all the time with no filtering.   A person could do a cleaning of the outside unit....wait say two weeks (or less)....take the water hose/pressure washer to it again and get blackish water.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Where open burning of trash is a daily ritual and periorioc burning of fields is routine?  Small towns may not have the stagenet haze issues but they have a lot of dust and dirt blowing around. 

we have the benefit of tessebaan rubbish collection so no garbage burning and although the town is surrounded by productive agricultural land there doesn't appear to be a stubble burning problem either...the air is actually quite clean but with lots of humidity like everywhere else...itsa a big relief to get home after a couple of days in BKK...

funny that the ceiling fan blades get dirty and require cleaning but the AC unit evaporator fans not so much...

• 4 weeks later...

Drum roll please....update:  I now now have my usage/bill for the 13 May -13 Jun 18 billing period, that is my Jun bill. 

Average daily usage over that 31 day period was 47.0 Kwh compared to the previous 3 year average per day of 67.42 Kwh.   That works out to a "30.29%" reduction/savings.

So, the new Mitsubishi inverter A/C that runs 24//7...which is primary A/C used in my home that I added into the mix of my other home A/Cs...continues to allow over a 30% savings in my monthly electric bill just like in most inverter A/C advertising....which for me works out to a little over a Bt2,000 reduction per month.   Cool.

I’ve got a stupid question. Is it more efficient to run my inverter AC 24/7 at a temperature of 25 degrees on low fan setting or should I shut it off when I leave the house from 7am-5pm and turn it on when I come home and have it using max power to re-cool the living room?