F1 2018

Basil B

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

But I very much doubt if Charles LeClerc will be given the opportunity to beat Vettel.  History proves it, just like Barrichelo and Massa before Raikkonen.  Second place to support their favored ones whether it be Schumacher or Vettel.   That is Ferrai's modus operandi .   But another season without a championship,  either driver or constructor which this season is now looking like,  then I suspect CL will not have to wait too long before Vettel retires which I would guess would be next season if he still does not win anything by then either.

They achieve this feat by hiring a driver that isn't competitive with the lead driver, as in your examples above prove. Shuey was the greatest ever. Vettel is in the top 2 of drivers currently on the track.

Exactly the reason they have hired Leclerc. Miles behind Vettel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Vettel is contracted to Ferrari until the end of 2020, but if he keeps using his car as a dodgem and keeps spouting off I can see them letting him go as long as he does not race for anyone else.

Silverstone Race 3 has been posted. Elvis Presley. You Tube. Good races on this channel.

Seems like lot's of F1 drivers came to Thailand after Singapore GP.

Here is Kimi having a bit of fun with carting in Bangkok.

Kimi has a house in Phuket, so he might be here at the moment. 

cp

8 hours ago, Esso49 said:

But I very much doubt if Charles LeClerc will be given the opportunity to beat Vettel.  History proves it, just like Barrichelo and Massa before Raikkonen.  Second place to support their favored ones whether it be Schumacher or Vettel.   That is Ferrai's modus operandi .   But another season without a championship,  either driver or constructor which this season is now looking like,  then I suspect CL will not have to wait too long before Vettel retires which I would guess would be next season if he still does not win anything by then either.

Maybe you misunderstood my meaning. Crashtappen?

Oh no...

Formula 1's owners sign sponsorship rights deal for in-play betting

The deal with Interregional Sports Group, reportedly worth more than $100m (£76m), will allow F1 to develop in-play betting markets during grands prix.

F1 will also work with Sportradar to monitor betting-related fraud.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45558975

Drivers investigated for throwing the race,  and mechanics charged with "doping"...

Edited by Basil B

Stunning video of Hamilton's pole lap in Singapore.

The camera angle really shows the speed F1 cars drive around the circuit.

Jees.. I felt a bit scared just by watching the clip ?

Charles Leclerc's abundant talent will lead the Scuderia's new recruit to beat future team mate Sebastian Vettel as soon as next season, according to former Ferrari hopeful Raffaele Marciello.

Leclerc's performance with Sauber in his maiden season of F1 earned the 20-year-old a seat alongside Vettel at Maranello for 2019.

While he is still a work in progress and a young driver who needs to gain experience, Leclerc is seen by Marciello as a potential winner from the outset at Ferrari.

http://f1i.com/news/317882-former-ferrari-hopeful-sees-leclerc-sticking-it-to-vettel.html

Well if... could Seb be retiring at the end of next season???

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Well if... could Seb be retiring at the end of next season???

I don't think so. Le Clerk might be hired to wake Sebastian up to perform at the level he should perform.

There is also the possibility that Vettel was performing at his top level this year and Kimi, the latest Ferrari champion, was actually really as good as he was supposed to be. 

We'll see how Ferrari performs next year with one old and one young driver. 

Has the prancing horse gone lame???

Bad news for Vettel

Mercedes' pace on a single lap suggested they have an advantage over Ferrari at the start of the weekend, which is bad news for Vettel, who really needs to beat Hamilton this weekend to revive his title hopes.

Vettel set the pace in the first practice session, but he was only 0.33secs quicker than Hamilton despite using the softest hyper-soft tyre while the Mercedes was on the ultra-soft.

The time difference between those two tyres is in the region of a second - so both sessions told a similar story, of a Mercedes that has a chunk of time over Ferrari

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45681901

50 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Will Land Norris appear soon.?.

Lando did drive in P1 yesterday, finished p13 on the timing board, very good achievement in a MaLaren

First Practice

Sochi, 28 September 2018

Driver Team Fastest Lap
Last updated 28 September 2018 at 10:36
1 ger.png  Ferrari 1:34.488
2 ned.png  Red Bull 1:34.538
3 gbr.png  Mercedes 1:34.818
4 fin.png  Mercedes 1:34.999
5 aus.png  Red Bull 1:35.524
6 fra.png  Force India 1:35.663
7 fin.png  Ferrari 1:35.696
8 den.png  Haas 1:36.196
9 ger.png  Renault 1:36.274
10 ita.png  Sauber 1:36.712
11 fra.png  Haas 1:36.816
12 fra.png  Toro Rosso 1:36.944
13 gbr.png  McLaren 1:37.022
14 mon.png  Sauber 1:37.054
15 rus.png  Renault 1:37.183
16 bel.png  McLaren 1:37.187
17 can.png  Force India 1:37.206
18 rus.png  Williams 1:37.225
19 nz.png  Toro Rosso 1:37.944
20 can.png  Williams 1:39.137

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/2018/russian-grand-prix/results/practice

Edited by Basil B
  • Thanks 1

First sector and Hamilton is three tenths quicker than his team mate! But then Hamilton runs wide... that looked a costly mistake. Hamilton's second sector is nowhere!

https://www.formula1.com/en/f1-live.html

Good one Bottas, but tomorrow is another day and I think Hamilton is a better driver, presume they only team orders are: do not force your team mate off... 

• Like 1

There is one good racing going on! 

Max has been flying from the start, overtaking uncountable number of cars.

Now what happened with Vettel and Hamilton after the pitstop!

8 minutes ago, Mosha said:

As Louis can now afford to finish 2nd behind Seb, I think the team owe Valtteri a couple of wins as a thankyou for helping Louis this season.

On more than one occasion, this season, Bottas has been running 2nd to Louis and has been asked to hold the chasing pack back to give Louis a gap. Has consistently failed to do so. All he deserves is the huge pay packet he'll get at the end of the season.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. Keep pushing Louis until the points are in the bag.

On more than one occasion, this season, Bottas has been running 2nd to Louis and has been asked to hold the chasing pack back to give Louis a gap. Has consistently failed to do so. All he deserves is the huge pay packet he'll get at the end of the season.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. Keep pushing Louis until the points are in the bag.

Yes exactly, if the championship has been won and there are still races to race then Valtieri could be afforded a win or two but I somehow don’t see that happening !!
It’s all about the top step on that podium and at this moment in time the championship is still in the balance ! For Lewis to concede victory just to make Valtieri feel wanted is not feasible.
The only time that happened was in Hungary when Lewis had been given a pass to try and get past Ferrari, unable to do that he gave his place back to Bottas .

51 minutes ago, Mosha said:

As Louis can now afford to finish 2nd behind Seb, I think the team owe Valtteri a couple of wins as a thankyou for helping Louis this season.

True that. Then again, not earned win doesn't feel real nor good. There were no happy faces on the podium. 

I hope even Toto know by now that he made an mistake.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes exactly, if the championship has been won and there are still races to race then Valtieri could be afforded a win or two but I somehow don’t see that happening !!
It’s all about the top step on that podium and at this moment in time the championship is still in the balance ! For Lewis to concede victory just to make Valtieri feel wanted is not feasible.
The only time that happened was in Hungary when Lewis had been given a pass to try and get past Ferrari, unable to do that he gave his place back to Bottas .

Botas was told to let Ham through by Tito, you can see him hit the red Team Orders button.

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

Botas was told to let Ham through by Tito, you can see him hit the red Team Orders button.

Lewis had more pace than Bottas. Normal for team mate to let him pass.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Lewis had more pace than Bottas. Normal for team mate to let him pass.

Normal team orders, when Bottas was effectively leading the race? 

Just now, oilinki said:

Normal team orders, when Bottas was effectively leading the race? 

Yes, Bottas was holding Hamilton up and effectively wrecking Hamilton's tyres.

Would it have been better for Hamilton to undertake a risky overtaking manoeuvre and the both of them ended up out of the race?

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yes, Bottas was holding Hamilton up and effectively wrecking Hamilton's tyres.

Would it have been better for Hamilton to undertake a risky overtaking manoeuvre and the both of them ended up out of the race?

Absolutely yes! That's called racing.