F1 2018

Basil B

Ready to feel old? 3...2...1 It's Fernando Alonso's 37th birthday today. He was born the day Princess Diana got married. ?

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

Stupid question when Alex was asked if he'd driven in worse conditions. "I'm from Malaysia". 555

I remember the Malaysian GP 2009 total washout, abandoned on lap 31 of 56... I was there.

But it is Kimi who would appreciate some water at this tim as his drinks line has not been attached...

• Like 1

Well... the positive. Bottas finally showed some long waited sharp edge while fighting on the track. He'll be ready to real championship fight next year. 

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Well... the positive. Bottas finally showed some long waited sharp edge while fighting on the track. He'll be ready to real championship fight next year. 

He did a better job than any TFL Routemaster driver... 

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Lost me on TFL thought that was one of those Bum Brit Teachers here. The other bits a Hong Kong Bus.emoji1580.pngemoji574.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Transport For London...231370803_TfLlogo.jpg.b944f54c7cb44683e754ace66931e245.jpg

Before the race when questioned for Radio 5 Live Extra about team strategies Toto quoted closing the back door with London buses...

Well Bottas sure did that for most of the race. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if Fernando will be inviting Lewis to his retirement do???

Fernando Alonso: McLaren's Spanish driver to retire from Formula 1 at end of season

Spanish two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has announced he is to retire from Formula 1 at the end of the season.

The McLaren driver will end a career that began with a debut for Minardi at the Australian Grand Prix of 2001.

Alonso, 37, who is competing in his 17th F1 season, won the 2005 and 2006 championships when racing for Renault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45188028

So now RedBull, McLaran looking for replacements, and possibly Williams looking for better drivers things are going to get interesting in the nest few weeks, wonder if anyone will entice Nico back to F1???  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Yes Mr Basil F1is a bit of a Dogs Bed.This year i followed the British Touring Car Series . Seems Honda Engines work well in Civic Bodies , perhaps Red Bull should enter Civics..!! ?emoji964.png

?? They already do........   Jenson Button drove Red Bull Race Honda Civic last year..

honda-civic-red-bull-8.jpg

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

No , Civics in F1 with oid Jason Plato to take out everyone.?emoji481.png. Liven it up a bit.!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes he would have to 'take out everyone'  or be lapped 20+ times............   Mercedes-AMG  GT-R is the most powerful Official FIA F1 Safety Car of all time in the 2018 Formula 1................. all you hear is complaints from the F1 cars/drivers of them going so slow.... engines overheating, brakes and tyres getting cold.. 

On 8/15/2018 at 8:10 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Yes Mr Basil F1is a bit of a Dogs Bed.This year i followed the British Touring Car Series . Seems Honda Engines work well in Civic Bodies , perhaps Red Bull should enter Civics..!! ?emoji964.png

Saturday afternoons Touring Car races and Rally X, great entertainment.

Just now, Mosha said:

Saturday afternoons Touring Car races and Rally X, great entertainment.

I enjoy, but cant quite understand yet the rules. How come say Honda suddenly start way back when they are top 3 most times, are there weight handie caps, my English isnt that good.?.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:16 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

I enjoy, but cant quite understand yet the rules. How come say Honda suddenly start way back when they are top 3 most times, are there weight handie caps, my English isnt that good.?.

Too long ago to remember. I've been in Thailand 15 years.

Force India lockout the second row of the grid, Ocon was third so I am sure he will get a drive for next year.  

A good performance tomorrow and his phone will be red hot on Monday.

But who will he want to drive for, my thoughts are Toro Rosso, preforms well and could easily get promotion to Red Bull.

Or to stay with Mercedes power and join Williams, well Williams if they are going to stay in F1 need to improve, and I am sure Mercedes needs Williams so Mercedes gearboxes and other bits and pieces and a driver or two like Ocon may well see Williams in the points next year.

Q3 was exciting and positions were won and lost by the team strategists, not by the drivers. 

It's good that 2 force indian cars are on 2nd row, but this doesn't make Ocon any better driver than he was earlier.

However his name might become on of those which will be remembered later on, which might help to forward his career. It's interesting to see how the race starts tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a clean start as my boys are rather back on the grid ?

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

It's been a while since Kimi has been on pole. Nice!

Seb is not a happy bunny...

Vettel was not happy, saying "we speak after" as his engineer told him the result. The German declined to elaborate when asked to say what he meant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45382117

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Let's see if Kimi is allowed to win today. Hopefully team orders are not used today. It's been 1985 or more than 5 years since Kimi's last win.

I'll predict Kimi - Hamilton - Bottas as race results.

Let's see if Kimi is allowed to win today. Hopefully team orders are not used today. It's been 1985 or more than 5 years since Kimi's last win.

I'll predict Kimi - Hamilton - Bottas as race results.

Whether he’s allowed or not I don’t think he will win .

Vet - Ham - Kimi for me.

A Vet/Kimi collision would be good [emoji51]