F1 2018

Basil B

Also over the race weekend they announced Jenson Button was joining the sky sports commentary team next year. That’s something to look forward to as he brings a more current perspective of racing to the dialog. I do enjoy Antony Davidson, PDR, and guest appearances from Nico Rosberg as they have current experience with the cars, teams and strategy’s and are able to explain convincingly what’s happening but other than a bit of slapstick humor Johnny Herbert is past his sell by date and Damon Hill is a nice bloke but he’s not telling us anything new.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem with Bottas started with team orders in Sochi, it knocked the wind out of him.

There are no curtains between the two halve of the Mercedes garage and Bottas has certainly improved since moving to Mercedes.

Bottas needs to sort himself out over the winter break or he is not going to get his contract renewed though there will be many teams wanting to sign him up.

Toro Rosso signs Alexander Albion to replace Brendon Hartley.

He will be the 4th British born F1 driver for next years line up.

But if he does win do not expect the Union Jack flying high above the podium and the band striking up "God Save The Queen".

Alexander Albon is a Thai-British racing driver, currently driving in the 2018 FIA Formula 2 Championship season for DAMS. Most recently, he raced for ART Grand Prix. He will participate in Formula 1 with Toro Rosso in 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Albon

:WPFflags:

At 186cm he will be the tallest driver on the grid now that Ocon has lost his drive. Ocon reportedly did not get the maclaren seat as he was too tall and failed the seat test. I guess these days height is less of a issue than weight as driver weight affects where they can put the ballast in the cars to meet the minimum weight requirements and weight distribution does have a big affect on aerodynamic performance. 

Archived