F1 2018

Basil B

12 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Monaco is about the place as well as the race. Nothing worse than a Brit Airfield, even if the Race is better.

Well there is something about Monaco, but could just cut out Sunday and give the trophy to the pole sitter...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Well there is something about Monaco, but could just cut out Sunday and give the trophy to the pole sitter...

Naughty, one could say just give any race to the top 3, the rest just trail anyway.!!. With Indy Car anyone seems to win these days, amazed the Pace Car aint won by now..?

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Naughty, one could say just give any race to the top 3, the rest just trail anyway.!!. With Indy Car anyone seems to win these days, amazed the Pace Car aint won by now..?

When they implemented the VSC (Virtual Safety Car) I thought it was going to be out for the rest of the race, they did clear the track very quickly after Leclerc's brakes went "Thai"...

• Like 1

Wonder when Leclerc's brakes failed?

FIA should be investigating, bake failures are the last thing needed in F1, was there a fall off of performance or did the brakes just fail?  who knew what and what did they do? did the team see data indicating a problem, did Leclerc notice a problem, should he have pulled up before the accident?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mosha said:

The chequered flag was waved 2 laps early. Robbing Danby of the fastest lap. That's the 3rd time a chequered flag error has occurred.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/23755490/winnie-harlow-flag-gaffe-ends-canadian-gp-two-laps-early

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Perhaps it should move to Vancouver next year.No French wanting to go to the Cafe early.!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bottas on pole, Hamilton second, Vetal was third but has been given a 3 place penalty for impeding Sainz, whether right or wrong deserves it for taking out Bottas last week end.

And if he has another "Red Mist" day on the first corner tomorrow I hope they make him start from the pits next week...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

As long as Bottas has a clean start free from early crashes then it's his to lose.

Hamilton stated in the post qualifying interview that him & Bottas are on different strategies, it'll be interesting to see if that remains in pace for the actual race.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, citybiker said:

As long as Bottas has a clean start free from early crashes then it's his to lose.

Hamilton stated in the post qualifying interview that him & Bottas are on different strategies, it'll be interesting to see if that remains in pace for the actual race.

With Seb now at #6 on the grid he has Romain, Max and Kimi between him and the Mercs, I suspect Seb will probably tangle with Max on turn one, maybe even Kimi as well, Lewis will probable stick to Valtteri like glue until he gets the DRS, Valtteri has very little experience of defending his position from Lewis, may even concede to the fact that Lewis will pass at some stage and may even let him pass with ease, one thing for sure is Toto is not sleeping well tonight... 

• Like 1

With Seb now at #6 on the grid he has Romain, Max and Kimi between him and the Mercs, I suspect Seb will probably tangle with Max on turn one, maybe even Kimi as well, Lewis will probable stick to Valtteri like glue until he gets the DRS, Valtteri has very little experience of defending his position from Lewis, may even concede to the fact that Lewis will pass at some stage and may even let him pass with ease, one thing for sure is Toto is not sleeping well tonight... 
It'll be interesting to see how Mercedes upgrade works for them, also I wouldn't discount Vettel finishing in the podium even starting out in 6th.

I predict, Bottas, Hamilton & Kimi.

Or

Hamilton, Bottas & Vettel.

What will the grid look like in year 2019?

Mercedes: Hamilton, Bottas

Ferrari:       Vettel, Ricciardo 

Red Bull:    Verstappen, Grosjean

McLaren:   Räikkönen, Vandoorne

Sauber:      Leclerc, Ericsson

10 hours ago, citybiker said:

It'll be interesting to see how Mercedes upgrade works for them, also I wouldn't discount Vettel finishing in the podium even starting out in 6th.

I predict, Bottas, Hamilton & Kimi.

Or

Hamilton, Bottas & Vettel.

I am predicting Hamalton, Bottas and whoever of the top 6 who manages to avoid the crash at T1 on lap 1 caused by Vettel...

Vettel first in the shower...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

Bottas and Hamilton crashes on first lap. Räikkönen wins, Verstappen 2nd and Vettel 3rd.

So close now ?

That was a fun race and the championship is wide open again between Hamilton and Vettel, and neither RB driver out of it either with plenty of races to come!

Max has really turned things around from the first few races. In the last 3 races he scored the most points of all drivers. And even when adding the two races prior in Spain and Monaco he still comes out second, just 5 point of Vettel and on par with Hamilton. With betting odds of Max winning the WDC at 100 to 1, I may just put some money on him...

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Lewis.

Vettels frustration was evident in the video, similarity to Lewis anguish in qualifying the previous day.

Lewis emotions showed how much the German grand prix meant to him, hard graft.

• Like 1

Luck was on Lewis's side this time but you have to give it to him... 110% maximum effort converting p14 grid start to a win.:intheclub:

And just a reprimand for the pit lane incident...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2