F1 2018

Basil B

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are Merc back?

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Well they used some good tyre strategy last year in Spain to achieve a LH win over Vettel, Bottas even joined in by holding Vettel back a little at one point !.

My money is on:

Ham
Bottas
Vet
Rai

( with Verstappen taking himself out of the equation with another erratic race ! )

Well they used some good tyre strategy last year in Spain to achieve a LH win over Vettel, Bottas even joined in by holding Vettel back a little at one point !.

My money is on:

Ham
Bottas
Vet
Rai

( with Verstappen taking himself out of the equation with another erratic race ! )
Question is, who will be Mad Max's victim?

5 hours ago, Mosha said:

Are Merc back?

This is a favourable circuit for the Mercs...

Think if they did not lock off the front line of the grid there would be something wrong with the cars.

That was really dangerous looking accident! Good luck nobody got hurt. 

Btw my stream is 3 minutes late. Any suggestions for better (low quality and low bitrate) streams? I have 2 mbps mobile connection, which is not great for live steams with high bitrate.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

But starting from back of grid or pit lane...

Yeah. That should make tomorrow's race a bit more entertaining than Monaco usually is.

Glamorous setup, with slightly interesting qualifications.. and often so boring race itself.

9 hours ago, LennyW said:

The usual predictable procession at Monaco......BORING!!!

Only way a car can overtake is if it is far more powerful than the car in front.

Even with an under preforming car Daniel was able to stop Seb from over taking for the remainder (most) of the race...

Lewis Hamilton says it is "unlikely" his Mercedes team is one of Daniel Ricciardo's options for a potential move from Red Bull.

Ricciardo, who won Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with moves to Mercedes and Ferrari.

Hamilton said he "would imagine" Ricciardo's future was at Red Bull.

"There is only Ferrari and Mercedes he could consider - but it is unlikely he is coming here," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44278688

Well Lewis would say that, and certainly was not speaking for Mercedes...

But he is right, Mercedes could not have a better pair of drivers, Lewis and his apprentice...

Certainly from the outside Mercedes looks good, Toto looks like he is sleeping better, why mend it when it is not broken? the drivers are the least of Mercedes problems.

Bottas seem quit happy to accept things as they are had it not been the friction between Lewis and Nico he would still be driving for Williams.

Why would Mercedes want Ricciardo? Lewis and Bottas look like bringing home the consructors title again this year, all it will do is push the driver pay up, so why let one of their driver (presumably Bottas) go for a slightly better one who is at his peek and starting to get long in the tooth for one who is improving?

Archived