Alcohol free beer

WebGuy

6 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Just bought some in Foodland. Two types available in cans, one is called OeTtinger, 99 baht for 0.5 l. The other one is Clausthaler, 84 baht for 0.33 l.

Looks like beer, smells like beer, feels like beer..............but does NOT taste like beer ha ha ha!

Available 24 hours a day?

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

The price of alcohol free beer is bloody rude considering that it doesn't ( I'm guessing ) get an alcohol tax. 

It probably falls under the excessive  "luxury import goods tax" that they put on everything from  chocolate to cheese.... 

(it is still ~40thb a bottle cheaper than the one with the alcohol in it) 

Edited by speedtripler

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

The price of alcohol free beer is bloody rude considering that it doesn't ( I'm guessing ) get an alcohol tax. 

And the government is trying to encourage abstinence. Should be widely offered and cheap.

One can usually buy Clausthala at Tesco but is extremely expensive. Why I have no logical idea.   There are now 2 other brands available, check around, you will find it also at Tops.

Clausthaler

www.clausthaler.com/
The story of Clausthaler is the story of inspiration, innovation and determination… all resulting in the worlds' first great tasting non-alcoholic beer.

18 hours ago, petedk said:

Available 24 hours a day?

In Foodland Pat Pong the cans are located in the alcohol alcove which is fenced off outside booze selling hours. And  'non alcohol beer' may still contain up to 0.5% alcohol.

Edited by rak sa_ngop

32 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Why would you drink it, nobody drinks beer for the taste! Lets face it beer tastes shit.

You sir, must be devoid of culture... Or have yet to experience good beer :smile:

There  is not much finer  than a quality Belgian or German beer

4 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Why would you drink it, nobody drinks beer for the taste! Lets face it beer tastes shit.

Have to admit, I agree other things taste better. Although, on a hot day outdoors, a good cold beer is hard to beat.

On 04/01/2018 at 9:32 PM, smotherb said:

Have to admit, I agree other things taste better. Although, on a hot day outdoors, a good cold beer is hard to beat.

Yes, agreed on that, or after a long hard day at work. I't has to be freezing cold though, wait for it to get warm and try it.

14 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Come on, people drink to get pissed. Not for the taste..

Good beer can be picked up and drank at any temperature without making a winceing face..... I know you would struggle to do that with a chang but try it with a quality German weissbier

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Good beer can be picked up and drank at any temperature without making a winceing face..... I know you would struggle to do that with a chang but try it with a quality German weissbier

Fare enough, I shall give it a shot. However I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Watch this video at 03:20 in, Jim Jefferies explains it perfectly.

5 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Yes, agreed on that, or after a long hard day at work. I't has to be freezing cold though, wait for it to get warm and try it.

Don't like warm beer; ever since I first had it in London in the sixties.