With a Non-Immigrant OA-Long Stay Visa - do I need to report to a Thai Immigration Office at 90 days

miketu

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Any period you remain in Thailand more than 90 days will require a TM47 address report.  Count starts at one on each entry.

Thanks, so sometime just before 90 days is up I need to go to an Immigration Office and complete a a TM47 address report?

15 days prior until 7 days after is doing in person or sending to do for you.  That 7 days after is for actual report - if you plan to travel on day 92 you would need to do a report prior to travel.

There are mail and online options available for most if that is easier but suspect you are in Hua Hin and I do not know their policy.  Those on visa section would be able to advise if you want to ask there.

Back up a minute. You arrive in Thailand with an O-A visa. Then you move into a place to live. Once you have an address you need to supply Immigration with a TM28, Change of Address or Notification of Stay. This serves as your "first" 90-day report. Then (as I recall) you will get a slip of paper in your passport acknowledging receipt and giving you the date of your next 90-day report.

48 minutes ago, Seligne2 said:

Back up a minute. You arrive in Thailand with an O-A visa. Then you move into a place to live. Once you have an address you need to supply Immigration with a TM28, Change of Address or Notification of Stay. This serves as your "first" 90-day report. Then (as I recall) you will get a slip of paper in your passport acknowledging receipt and giving you the date of your next 90-day report.

On my arrival at BKK airport Immigration I gave the immigration officer the Arrival/Departure card I filled out with the address of my condo in Thailand. They kept the Arrival card half (as with a regular tourist visa) and returned the Departure card with the Immigration Entry Date of 29 DEC 2017 and then beside it stamped   28 JAN 2018.   In my passport they stamped 28 DEC 2018.  The Immigration officer had to ask the officer next to him when doing my entry and actually in my passport first entered 28 JAN 2018 then crossed it out and entered 28 DEC 2018.   Do I need to go to Immigration now and fill out a a TM28 if I just arrived in the country?

If you don't report every 90 days they will fine you 2000 Baht the next time you go into the office.

I'm on a different type of visa to you but it's all the same, everyone needs to go every 90 days. I forgot to go so I simply waited three months and went the next time 90 days were up.

The fine : 2000 Baht.

I believe I could have just went at the end of the year long period and it would still have been 2000 Baht. If you're caught without a 90 day report apparently the fine can be 5000 Baht.

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If you don't report every 90 days they will fine you 2000 Baht the next time you go into the office.

I'm on a different type of visa to you but it's all the same, everyone needs to go every 90 days. I forgot to go so I simply waited three months and went the next time 90 days were up.

The fine : 2000 Baht.

I believe I could have just went at the end of the year long period and it would still have been 2000 Baht. If you're caught without a 90 day report apparently the fine can be 5000 Baht.

So when no  I need to go to immigration to report, now? when I just got in the country and had my passport stamped?

Edited by miketu

13 hours ago, miketu said:

So when no  I need to go to immigration to report, now? when I just got in the country and had my passport stamped?

You must not be a native English speaker, when you put a no in front of a sentence that negates what follows

I will make it simple, you must do your 90 day report at your local Immigration Office 90 days after you arrive

For your first 90 day report your local office may require some sort of address verification, like a utility bill or lease, etc. but once they have you in their system that is usually no longer required 

28 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

TM47 90 Day Report is necessary for ALL kind of Visa.

Only if the visa allows more than a 90 day stay - which most do not - and you actually stay more than 90 days.  Where it is normally required is for extensions of stay from immigration.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I believe your first report needs to be in person.

Thanks, so just before I've been here (Thailand) for 90 days, I'll report to the Immigration Office in Petchaburi province (I'm in Cha-Am) and complete the required documents (TM28 or TM47). 

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Only if the visa allows more than a 90 day stay - which most do not - and you actually stay more than 90 days.  Where it is normally required is for extensions of stay from immigration.

His passport has been stamped for him to leave by 28 Dec 2018. that is a 1 year extension on his visa so he must report to his local immigration office with the TM47 form filled in and a copy of his passport for a 90 day report 

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

His passport has been stamped for him to leave by 28 Dec 2018. that is a 1 year extension on his visa so he must report to his local immigration office with the TM47 form filled in and a copy of his passport for a 90 day report 

And I said that in post 2 - my post you quote was about visas made by the person I quoted.

I think we have all missed something here. Since when does immigration at the airport give a 1 year extension on a Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa?

On arrival a Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa is only 90 days and you must apply at your local immigration office for a 1 year extension.

It looks like the IO at the airport has stamped his passport wrong

Edited by Russell17au

I have just checked my passport and the date stamp on my Non-Immigrant "O" visa is the date of arrival only and then 30 days before my "O" expired I needed to go to the local immigration office and apply for a 1 year extension.

Something does not sound right with this.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Anyone arriving with an O-A visa gets a one year stay stamped on entry.  The A means there is a one year stay approved in advance.

Thanks for clearing that up

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Anyone arriving with an O-A visa gets a one year stay stamped on entry.  The A means there is a one year stay approved in advance.

That's right, that's what I was told when I applied for the O-A Retirement visa.

On 03/01/2018 at 7:00 PM, miketu said:

You don't need to do a 90 day report until you've been in the country for 90 days.

Someone must register you as living in the property where you're staying though and it's supposed to be done pretty quickly.

If you stay in somewhere you own (condo, etc) then that person is you, you need to report yourself, if you rent then it's a little more complicated, you might still be able to do it yourself. This is separate to 90 day reports but they will almost certainly require address registration before allowing you to do a 90 day report, depends on where you are though.

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You don't need to do a 90 day report until you've been in the country for 90 days.

Someone must register you as living in the property where you're staying though and it's supposed to be done pretty quickly.

If you stay in somewhere you own (condo, etc) then that person is you, you need to report yourself, if you rent then it's a little more complicated, you might still be able to do it yourself. This is separate to 90 day reports but they will almost certainly require address registration before allowing you to do a 90 day report, depends on where you are though.

I own my own condo.  on my arrival card I entered my condo address, but youre saying I still need to go to Immigration anyway?

31 minutes ago, miketu said:

I own my own condo.  on my arrival card I entered my condo address, but youre saying I still need to go to Immigration anyway?

Someone needs to fill out a 'TM 30' form when a foreigner arrives to stay, even if you own the place.

The condo management might do this for you. I live with a Thai woman and got her to fill it out for me when I moved - when you move it's a TM 28 - same thing though.

Some immigration offices won't issue 90 day reports if this isn't done, the onus is on the owner of the property / the person they call the 'housemaster' which in this case will be you as you own it.

There can be / might be a fine for not reporting a foreigner living in your house even if you own it.

Search this forum for 'TM 30' there's 100's of posts about the subject as they only really started enforcing this in the last year or two, before that I don't think most provinces really cared that much about it.

I'm not sure if entering the address on the arrival form will be good enough, maybe it will. I haven't left the country for years now.

So you might need to go to immigration to report your address registration straight away but you don't need to do a 90 day report until you've been here for 90 days.

Simple and clear right :shock1:

Edited by ukrules

Your 90 day report is due on March 28.
You can report to immigration 15 days before and up to 7 days after this date, normal practice would be to report on March 28 or a couple of days earlier. As this is your first 90 day report probably wise to report early in case you don’t have the correct paperwork.

You should report to immigration soon to register your address ( either TM28 or TM30 , it can vary depending on the immigration office ), a Thai speaking friend would be helpful .

I entered on an O-A over a year ago and understand your confusion.