Used Books In Pataya

kharmabum

I know about these places...

1. J.K. books- by the dolphin roundabout

2. jeremy's books- too dificult to explain where it is

3. swan books- around the corner from Jeremy's books

4. the place on the second floor of Top's supermarket on the corner of second road and the road that goes to Carfour.

are there any good used book stores that i don't know about?

thanks in advance

pattaya beach books (2nd floor of TOPS) has a branch down soi buakhow ,towards the south end on the left.jeremys in soi chayaphoom is now a cafe as well .stopped using it since i dont like tripping over tourists and their full english while browsing. swan books not so good in my opinion,last time there the guy refused to give me credit for a returned book.(so <deleted> em) pattaya beach books upstairs at tops is my choice.

Jeremys is now Canterbury Tales Cafe on Soi Chayipoom. Easy to find. Up Soi LK, past the LK Metropole at the top turn left cross the road and then take the first right and look for the huge banner that says Soi Chiyapoom.

Run by Dave (no relation to Crazy Dave next door) who is you guessed it from Canterbury.

Nice cafe, great place for English food of the grub variety. Although I usually eat Thai food I always go there when a 'full english' desire comes upon me.

If your lucky you'll be there when the guy with the (very soppy) rottweiler is there. He loads himself the dog his wife and baby on one scooter. It is a sight to see. You can also view the maritals in Love Bar across the way. All life is there.

Posted from a Thai IP (for Monty).

Jeremys is now Canterbury Tales Cafe on Soi Chayipoom. Easy to find. Up Soi LK, past the LK Metropole at the top turn left cross the road and then take the first right and look for the huge banner that says Soi Chiyapoom.

Run by Dave (no relation to Crazy Dave next door) who is you guessed it from Canterbury.

Nice cafe, great place for English food of the grub variety. Although I usually eat Thai food I always go there when a 'full english' desire comes upon me.

If your lucky you'll be there when the guy with the (very soppy) rottweiler is there. He loads himself the dog his wife and baby on one scooter. It is a sight to see. You can also view the maritals in Love Bar across the way. All life is there.

Posted from a Thai IP (for Monty).

this might be a good place for a feed ,(i dont know)but as a bookshop its definately gone downhill. when browsing the shelves of a bookshop i dont want to be listening to the sex tourists rattling on about their exploits last night within inches of the shelves!!!!(litterally) theres a time and a place for everything and the combination seems pretty odd to me. each to their own of course, but i wont be choosing a bookshop on the basis of maybe seeing a guy with a dog!!!

The one off Soi V.C. is called "Thais 4 Life"... has great prices, I think on Soi Yensabi... if you are going up Soi VC, going away from the beach, it is the street almost at the end of Soi VC, just BEFORE the "Family Mart". Make a right turn onto that soi, it's about 1/2 way down the first block, on the left side.

There is also a used English bookstore/bakery on Soi Khao Talo... If you are going UP Soi Khao Talo, that is away from the beach, it is up about 1/3 of a kilometer, on the right side... there is a Family Mart there, I believe it is just BEFORE the Family Mart, on your way up.

It always surprises me how intolerant some people who live here can be.

I live here precisely because of the live and let live attitude of the majority. You don't want to listen to what you call sex tourists well just ignore them and peruse the books. How can the quality of the conversation effect the quality of the books?

You remind me of that strange women who comes on here occasionaly and says she lives here but its so horrible god should smite the place.

It always surprises me how intolerant some people who live here can be.

I live here precisely because of the live and let live attitude of the majority. You don't want to listen to what you call sex tourists well just ignore them and peruse the books. How can the quality of the conversation effect the quality of the books?

You remind me of that strange women who comes on here occasionaly and says she lives here but its so horrible god should smite the place.

lets be clear about 1 thing shall we.when i say they were sex tourists i wasnt guessing ,as the conversation revolved around how many more whores could be f***ed before going home. secondly its hard to peruse the books in peace(which is what i like to do in a book shop) when you have to ask people to breath in so you can carry on looking. if you read the post again you might notice i said there is a time and a place for everything. the quality of the books was not affected , but then i dont remember saying that . does your live and let live attitude apply to people in the nirun condo by the way ?? :o