Pratumnak condo for rent.

geisha

Hi, need some info. Before I start wasting rental agencies time , I would like to know what it’s like living in/ around Soi 4 Pratumnak ? Also, I see it’s a bit far from the baht bus route , is that right, could I walk it ? I don’t want to be stranded or depend only on taxis for shopping and a night out. Also, there’s a few restaurants in Jomtien ( where I am now )that I like to go to. So is it walkable , or any other advice please ? ( ps I do  not drive here) thanks. 

Not walkable unless you want to sweat. I use a bicycle , but the traffic up to Pratumnak can be really bad. I also considered living there but too far from the action unless you are used to ride a bike. IMO better to rent in Jomtien .

Lived at the bottom of Pratamnak Soi 6.  Way too long a walk (uphill) to public transportation.  If you don't drive, I would pick a rental close to a baht bus route.  Lots of choices on Jomtien Beach Road/Thappraya/Jomtien Complex area and you would be walking distance or short baht bus ride to a lot of restaurants, shops, grocery, Immigration, markets, bars, etc.

I currently live on Soi 4 Pratamnak.  I do have my own transport, but there are a lot motorbike taxis along Soi 4, I even see a baht bus every now and then on Soi 4.   I see a lot of baht buses along Pratamnak going both ways - Pattaya Rd and Thepraya. The tourists that stay in the area are not all walking "up the hill" to either Jomtien or Pattaya.

DoktorC , if there wasn’t a bahtbbus route I would be very interested as I have had a good offer on a long term rental condo there. Not driving here is awkward, some shopping is heavy to carry walking, and evening s I like te eat out and have some favorite restaurants near Jomtien beach .I do not want to  be restricted to my immediate surroundings. I’m a lady , 64, and not  too keen on motor bike taxis , tho I do use when necessary. I’ll have to find out if there’s a baht bus there that passes regularly. Thank you.

ps, I do drive in Europe ,have a good car, but for a few months a year it wouldn’t be worth me buying one here specially regarding the traffic jams !

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, geisha said:

Excuse, if there  WAS a baht bus route.

I don't think there is a baht bus route there.  If someone has seen a baht bus it has probably been privately hired.  It would be great if the baht buses had a regular route down thru the Pratamnak sois.