Prayut refuses to rule himself out of future PM role

webfact

11 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Just curious as to if they had a search warrant?    

Did they break down your door?

I recall a Dane  volunteer copper once  telling me horror stories that he was involved with.

I was disappointed to see the  free violation of any civil rights in this country.

No, they DON'T need a search warrant if they are accompanied by military personnel. I was at home. I had 2 army personnel, 2 police officers and a City Hall officer rummaging through my house checking for what they weren't going to find. 

1 minute ago, tropo said:

No, they DON'T need a search warrant if they are accompanied by military personnel. I was at home. I had 2 army personnel, 2 police officers and a City Hall officer rummaging through my house checking for what they weren't going to find. 

I believe what the Dane copper related was prior to the military take over but either way I find it disturbing.

That won't ever change without serious heroic efforts on the part of concerned citizens.

I wish the country well for the future.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Not REALLY a military government? What a joke. It doesn't matter if some members are not from the military, it is well and truly a military government. No search warrant is necessary for the police if they are accompanied by military personnel. I had my place searched by police with 2 military personnel present who arrived in a military vehicle... (a nasty Thai neighbor was making up stories).

You had the legal right to pursue the neighbor for uttering a false claim. The authorities do not appreciate being called out for a bogus call. It is up to you to bring the complaint.

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Chai yo…as it is written...there are not enough hours in the day, to sing praises to the astounding and limitless accomplishments of the ‘people’s uncle’.

He is truly the incarnation of all that is pure, noble and holy and the world trembles in awe before his unrivaled magnificence. The man’s brilliance knows no bounds and such sublime perfection has surely never before walked the earth in human form. We are surely blessed by the opportunity to live, even for a moment, in the divine light of his sacred benevolence.

But your words of wisdom are wasted on the heathens, infidels, and naysayers. They will never renounce their evil sacrilege, repent their sordid apostasy, nor accept the holy truth. As wicked blasphemers they will forever be denied a place in Thailand’s brilliant future of limitless joy and everlasting happiness.

Can I have some of what you smoke?

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Oh yes you do.

Then better extend the political ban till the day before the elections, whenever that may be, so you are sure nobody get elected

this guy is pitiable; unfortunately for all the rest of us, the other options will keep us in the 3rd world

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You had the legal right to pursue the neighbor for uttering a false claim. The authorities do not appreciate being called out for a bogus call. It is up to you to bring the complaint.

3 court cases, 1.5 years, 2 lawyers and lots of money later, the best advice I can give you is - don't bother trying to pursue your legal rights. If you have bad Thai neighbours - MOVE.

8 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I believe what the Dane copper related was prior to the military take over but either way I find it disturbing.

That won't ever change without serious heroic efforts on the part of concerned citizens.

I wish the country well for the future.

I'm not a citizen and no longer concerned.

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct   !!     He is the government and he is the PM.  For the TV complainers and whinges well .... you know what you can do.  Thailand is what it is and the Junta are in control and will be in control for years to come.

Thailand is economically stable and exports are up.  Thailand will continue to develop as projects get completed.

I would hate to whinge & whine each day about the government but some farang have nothing better to do I guess. Why waste your life whinging, why not move to a place you enjoy, life is too short to dislike the country you retire in. lol :jap:

Image result for pics of Khun Prayuth Chan o cha

Is gushing praise any different to whinging and whining though?

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct   !!     He is the government and he is the PM.  For the TV complainers and whinges well .... you know what you can do.  Thailand is what it is and the Junta are in control and will be in control for years to come.

Thailand is economically stable and exports are up.  Thailand will continue to develop as projects get completed.

I would hate to whinge & whine each day about the government but some farang have nothing better to do I guess. Why waste your life whinging, why not move to a place you enjoy, life is too short to dislike the country you retire in. lol :jap:

It seems you've developed quite a name for yourself as the number one Junta fanboy.

By the looks of it, you spend (waste) more time whinging and whining than just about anyone on these Junta-related threads. You are spot on - life is too short to waste it on whinging and whining, so why not heed your own advice.

16 hours ago, tropo said:

I hope you at least gave all concerned a load of verbal and didn't just meekly aquiesce.

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

And what has he done to curb corruption, cronyism, corruption among Buddhist clergy and temples and simple things like seriously reducing road trauma, providing better education for the masses, electric power for northern and hill tribe communities and schools? Stopping the senseless slaughter in the southern provinces, ad infinitum ad nauseam. I am sure many others could add to the list of 'benefits not yet provided' for the 'serfs' of the elite! 

C'mon steven100, open your eyes or remove your rose tinted spectacles. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, SABloke said:

These "journalists" are a big part of the problem.

media.jpg

Not quite the treatment that his Trump hero will be getting right now. Why can't these journos harden-up a bit?

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

Farangs applauding Khun Chan? Pass me the sick bowl . . . quick!

On 1/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Hayduke said:

Chai yo…as it is written...there are not enough hours in the day, to sing praises to the astounding and limitless accomplishments of the ‘people’s uncle’.

He is truly the incarnation of all that is pure, noble and holy and the world trembles in awe before his unrivaled magnificence. The man’s brilliance knows no bounds and such sublime perfection has surely never before walked the earth in human form. We are surely blessed by the opportunity to live, even for a moment, in the divine light of his sacred benevolence.

But your words of wisdom are wasted on the heathens, infidels, and naysayers. They will never renounce their evil sacrilege, repent their sordid apostasy, nor accept the holy truth. As wicked blasphemers they will forever be denied a place in Thailand’s brilliant future of limitless joy and everlasting happiness.

Surely the above could have been written (but with all sincerity, this time) by Steven100?  He could not have put it better himself, although he might have mixed in a few more hyperboles, where he thought yours was perhaps a bit lacking.

On 1/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Hayduke said:

10 hours ago, baboon said:

I hope you at least gave all concerned a load of verbal and didn't just meekly aquiesce.

I didn't give them any verbal and meekly acquiesced. Please don't give people stupid advice. They did a very superficial search as I was friendly and meek. If they wanted to they could have stripped the place down and I could have spent the rest of the day cleaning up. If you gave them a "load of verbal", that's exactly what they would have done. If you give them a "load of verbal", you'll come across to them as if you are guilty of hiding something and they'll go through your house with a fine tooth comb.

14 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And what has he done to curb corruption, cronyism, corruption among Buddhist clergy and temples and simple things like seriously reducing road trauma, providing better education for the masses, electric power for northern and hill tribe communities and schools? Stopping the senseless slaughter in the southern provinces, ad infinitum ad nauseam. I am sure many others could add to the list of 'benefits not yet provided' for the 'serfs' of the elite! 

C'mon steven100, open your eyes or remove your rose tinted spectacles. :thumbsup:

Nothing much has been done other than big talking. It's easy to play government, but when it's real it's never easy. Of course, it's a little bit easier to get some stuff done if you give yourself, with adequate military backing, absolute power. Make the absolute power official through article 44 of the provisional constitution and anything is possible.

Here's an excerpt from someone who summed it up well (sorry, cannot provide a link but it will be easy enough to find):

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has never been aware of the damage his special powers are doing to the principle of rule of law.

Exercising those powers, granted him by Article 44 of the provisional constitution, also violated the spirit of reform as well as the norms and traditions of governance – most notably the system of checks and balances.

The junta chief has wielded his autocratic override freely, almost as if he were addicted to the power it confers. Described as efficient and iconic, Article 44 is the tool invoked by the junta – or National Council for Peace and Order, as it is officially known – to place legislative, administrative and judicial powers directly in the hands of General Prayut.

Bureaucrats and academics (and people like Steven100) have hailed Article 44 as a magic bullet for every problem, pleading with Prayut to pull the trigger every time procedural norms block their duties".

On 1/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, SABloke said:

These "journalists" are a big part of the problem.

media.jpg

I see you posted a photo of the PM surrounded by several fellows and a bunch of ladies, but  what's that supposed to actually mean when you say "part of the problem"

Are they journalists and how are they part of the problem if so?

On 1/4/2018 at 11:35 PM, janclaes47 said:

Oh yes you do.

Then better extend the political ban till the day before the elections, whenever that may be, so you are sure nobody get elected

The tactic being employed appears to extend the band to as close as the election as possible while using ultimate authority to throw up enough roadblocks to prevent any one group from getting organized. If there is a group wise enough to get past this they will probably do well in the leadership position.

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I see you posted a photo of the PM surrounded by several fellows and a bunch of ladies, but  what's that supposed to actually mean when you say "part of the problem"

Are they journalists and how are they part of the problem if so?

They are journalists, and they are part of the problem because they act like a bunch of lovesick puppies around the PM. Do they look like impartial journalists to you? I want government reporters that will ask probing questions (even if the PM refuses to answer a question, asking pertinent questions raises awareness in public), I want government reporters that actually remember what the PM said 2 seconds ago so that they can catch him out in blatant lies.

These people in the photo have shown that they possess none of these qualities. :wink:

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

They are journalists

Post #20 by Geriatricid says they're not journalists. But no link confirmation.

There was no link to the original photo posting that confirms the photo being journalists.

Judging by the general young age of the people, it might be a picture of students enrolled in journalism, or just some other unrelated gathering. Prayut does seem to like being in group photos of young people.

But in any case there is high risk of recrimination by the government for journalistic investigation, analysis and honest publication. But for such intimidation to be overcome, more journalists need to take risks if they're going to make a positive contribution to development of democracy in Thailand.

Just now, Srikcir said:

Post #20 by Geriatricid says they're not journalists. But no link confirmation.

There was no link to the original photo posting that confirms the photo being journalists.

Judging by the general young age of the people, it might be a picture of students enrolled in journalism, or just some other unrelated gathering. Prayut does seem to like being in group photos of young people.

But in any case there is high risk of recrimination by the government for journalistic investigation, analysis and honest publication. But for such intimidation to be overcome, more journalists need to take risks if they're going to make a positive contribution to development of democracy in Thailand.

I forgot (didn't bother since I'm not writing a Thesis) to add a link to the original photo. The photo caption says something along the lines of "Government Reporters Posing for a Selfie with PM Prayuth".