Author of Trump book contradicts president, says aides see him as a 'child'

rooster59

usa is the biggest joke of the century :cheesy:

Thanks to the bigly-est idiot the world ever produced :cheesy:

Many people, including myself, do not believe any american news anymore!

Personally I know quite a few sane americans, and I consider myself lucky to have never met a trumpy supporter :smile:

A review of the book by trump biographer - - - it's mostly true.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/05/opinions/much-of-wolffs-trump-book-rings-true-opinion-dantonio/index.html

"However, the impression conveyed by "Fire and Fury" is true to both the man and what we have experienced, together, since he campaigned and then took office. It sketches the outline that will no doubt be filled in by future events and accounts, and is thus essential reading. "

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A review of the book by trump biographer - - - it's mostly true.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/05/opinions/much-of-wolffs-trump-book-rings-true-opinion-dantonio/index.html

"However, the impression conveyed by "Fire and Fury" is true to both the man and what we have experienced, together, since he campaigned and then took office. It sketches the outline that will no doubt be filled in by future events and accounts, and is thus essential reading. "

Come on Jingthing, you know better by now...

Clinton Cash - One thing true...it is ALL true.

Fire and Fury - One thing false...it is ALL false.

It is a Fox and Friends world now.

Wolff thinks his book will topple the clown. 
I don't know.

In a normal country it would. 

But the U.S. proved it was an INSANE country be electing him in the first place, even by a minority.

Mr Wolff told BBC radio that "one of the interesting effects of the book so far is a very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect."

Speaking on Radio 4, he added: "The story that I have told seems to present this presidency in such a way that it says he can't do his job."

"Suddenly everywhere people are going, 'Oh my God, it's true, he has no clothes'. That's the background to the perception and the understanding that will finally end ... this presidency."

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-book-will-bring-down-the-president-claims-author-11197083

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Too bad even Tony Blair states that Wolff's book is a "complete fabrication" :saai:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/05/tony-blair-wolff-book-claims-complete-fabrication/

I think it is fair to say that if Blair says that something isn't true then you can be pretty sure it is true.  He is hardly going to admit he was trying to wheedle himself a job, now is he.

Almost everything in the book has been said before but the hot stuff is what Bannon has said.  There may be misquotes but if you look at the book as an overall account then it really does hold water.

It must be hard for the Trumpsters to get their heads around Bannon.  They were all cheering him when he was Trump's chum but now they have to boo him because of the lovers tiff.  If only they had minds of their own....... 

54 minutes ago, Coconutman said:

The book eas written to do one thing.. make money

Doubly good then.  Makes the author pots of money and highlights what a complete moron Trump is as well.  Win's all round.

Interestingly I hear that the book is selling well in the Trump supporters heartlands.  No doubt they are reading it behind closed curtains and taking it home in plain brown paper bags :laugh:  Maybe then they will be having public burnings of the book while dancing around it in their KKK attire!

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A recent US government audit stated that he had a net worth of $680 million, with over a billion dollars in debt. And that is after five bankruptcies, where he defrauded alot of small businessmen and women out of nearly $4.8 billion. At the time he was elected, this crime lord con man was being sued by over 3,600 people, many of whom lost their shirts, by having the bad fortune to have worked for this worm. He was suing 1,300 people and businesses at the time of his election. Who on earth gets involved in that many lawsuits? My guess, it that it is a record, and nobody of great wealth has ever courted so much legal venom, hatred, or animus. He is a fool. A charlatan. A snake. A reptile. He is NOT a man. He is barely a man child.

Kindly show links to this nonsense.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is simply not the truth. 

Objectively speaking, there are other ways that presidents can leave office and have done in history. 

Namely --

impeachment then conviction (possible but has not yet happened historically)

resignation (due to inevitable impeachment/conviction, health, etc.)

death (natural or assassination)

declining to run for second term

Ignoring the rest of your post because you started it off with a TOTAL falsehood. 

Collusion is not impeachable but it never happened anyway. Objectively speaking we could all be killed by a big asteroid strike. Neither is likely however. Just get used to another 7 years of Trump. We had eight of Obama. Fair is fair. lol 

7 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Collusion is not impeachable but it never happened anyway. Objectively speaking we could all be killed by a big asteroid strike. Neither is likely however. Just get used to another 7 years of Trump. We had eight of Obama. Fair is fair. lol 

You don't understand impeachment. He could be impeached for all kinds of things -- financial corruption or obstruction of justice for example. But it can't happen without the votes, so that's political, not legal. Don't bother with your childish taunts about two terms for the clown. Such a mistake is not something that any patriotic American should ever get used to. 

24 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Just get used to another 7 years of Trump. We had eight of Obama. Fair is fair. lol 

Yes but Obama was sane.  What's not fair is having a lunatic as POTUS in the first place.  Doubt he will make it to the end of this year but who knows.

He's got to go. He should go. But that doesn't mean he WILL go.

Houston, we've got a problem. 

Donald Trump Goes Full Fredo

But unlike the Godfather character, the president of the United States is backed by powerful people enabling him

Michael Wolff has done a crucial service, showing more intimately than any reporter yet the true nature of the man at the center of the American system. But without the complicity of other power-holders, Trump would drop from his central position like a tooth from a rotten gum.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/donald-trump-goes-full-fredo/549875/

On 1/6/2018 at 10:37 AM, johnmcc6 said:

You Trump haters do yourselves no favors by by spitting out such errant nonsense.

This is the man that took on the finest bunch of political leaders available  and smashed them into insignificance, He won the election and has had a very successful first year as President. You think this  was done by a stupid man? A self made billionaire? A man with no brains or credibility? By all means disagree with him. But try coming up with something better than hate spewing childish whining.

Wrong ! you should read more and get the facts right, quote “You’ve taken business bankruptcies six times.”
–Hillary Clinton. This has been documented so many times I have lost count.

Trump is an imbecile, who struggles to string two coherent words together, and yes to many, he sounds like a 5-year-old child, all that is missing is his rattle!

Every American I have spoke to admits he's an embarrassment, and are concerned about the damage this person is causing to the country, and the credibility of a great nation. 

No doubt America deserves the President they voted for ! But in this instance, I would make an exception!

People say he's actually a likable guy in person.  Except Billy Bush and some women, and Hillary Clinton.  F.L. Melania, and Don's former golf buddy, Bill Clinton, couldn't be reached for comment before the book went to press.  What a shame.  

But who knows, maybe this tell all book is the latest "Dossier" style offering?  Hopefully the Dems covered their tracks better this time. 

I would love to read this book, because his public and #Twitter conduct dove-tails  with the quotes from the book so far.    It seems too easy, the low-hanging fruit.  But I don't want to spend the money on what might turn out to be purely confirmation bias material aimed at a specific group.  More low hanging fruit.

And so I sent Nancy Pelosi's office an email request for a free copy, and got one of those "DO-NOT-REPLY" Auto responses, thanking me for my inquiry, and that I would have to buy the book to find out what's in it.   Sounds kinda dodgy to me, so will let this one sail on by, and by next week, even MSNBC will have moved on.  Because by then, what difference does it make?

8 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

For  $14.99 Amazon will send you a link and you can read it on multiple devices 

5a5175db6083d_BookOrder.png.0ef09a4270b14b7ac25e692c85afa506.png

Or, in the case of Trump himself:

Buying the book on Amazon: $14.99

Learning to read: Priceless

57 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

People say he's actually a likable guy in person.  Except Billy Bush and some women, and Hillary Clinton.  F.L. Melania, and Don's former golf buddy, Bill Clinton, couldn't be reached for comment before the book went to press.  What a shame.  

But who knows, maybe this tell all book is the latest "Dossier" style offering?  Hopefully the Dems covered their tracks better this time. 

I would love to read this book, because his public and #Twitter conduct dove-tails  with the quotes from the book so far.    It seems too easy, the low-hanging fruit.  But I don't want to spend the money on what might turn out to be purely confirmation bias material aimed at a specific group.  More low hanging fruit.

And so I sent Nancy Pelosi's office an email request for a free copy, and got one of those "DO-NOT-REPLY" Auto responses, thanking me for my inquiry, and that I would have to buy the book to find out what's in it.   Sounds kinda dodgy to me, so will let this one sail on by, and by next week, even MSNBC will have moved on.  Because by then, what difference does it make?

So Nancy Pelosi, who has nothing to do with this book, does not want to give you a free copy so it is all dodgy?

No wonder Trump won.

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

For  $14.99 Amazon will send you a link and you can read it on multiple devices 

5a5175db6083d_BookOrder.png.0ef09a4270b14b7ac25e692c85afa506.png

Thanks for the link.  I'll wait till next week, sure to be at least 1/2 price by then.  :laugh:

Edit:  Make that .99 cents.  Buy 1 get 1 Free on QVC.

Edited by 55Jay

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So Nancy Pelosi, who has nothing to do with this book, does not want to give you a free copy so it is all dodgy?

No wonder Trump won.

She got her advance copy for free.  Maybe I can nick it off her when she's done.  Word is she's nearly finished it all in just one sitting.

image.png.8ae2e59048e380226c7296147559f8de.png

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wolff thinks his book will topple the clown. 
I don't know.

In a normal country it would. 

But the U.S. proved it was an INSANE country be electing him in the first place, even by a minority.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-book-will-bring-down-the-president-claims-author-11197083

The majority of voting Americans did not vote for/elect Trump. The electoral collage did. So maybe my view could be that's what's insane.

5 hours ago, the guest said:

Wrong ! you should read more and get the facts right, quote “You’ve taken business bankruptcies six times.”
–Hillary Clinton. This has been documented so many times I have lost count.

Trump is an imbecile, who struggles to string two coherent words together, and yes to many, he sounds like a 5-year-old child, all that is missing is his rattle!

Every American I have spoke to admits he's an embarrassment, and are concerned about the damage this person is causing to the country, and the credibility of a great nation. 

No doubt America deserves the President they voted for ! But in this instance, I would make an exception!

6  bankruptcies out of 500 companies isn't a bad record.  I guess you 'll have to talk to the other millions of Americans that think he is great to get a good grade on what Americans think. You won't get it from the M S M.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Trump will be the most hated man on earth... if he isn't already. He's got my vote.

11 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

Trump will be the most hated man on earth... if he isn't already. He's got my vote.

Most of what Trump haters throw at him borders on hysterical. If it were all true he would be in a padded cell or chains. He has thrown a grenade into the old order and is picking off his foes as they scatter. Only time will tell the outcome. For many it is so far so good. 401pensions are going rapidly up. The economy is looking great with who knows what the tax thing will do. I am happy to have lived long enough to see such amazing history being made . Like it or lump it the times they are a changin.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, johnmcc6 said:

Most of what Trump haters throw at him borders on hysterical. If it were all true he would be in a padded cell or chains. He has thrown a grenade into the old order and is picking off his foes as they scatter. Only time will tell the outcome. For many it is so far so good. 401pensions are going rapidly up. The economy is looking great with who knows what the tax thing will do. I am happy to have lived long enough to see such amazing history being made . Like it or lump it the times they are a changin.

Yes, he's removing regulations on the Wall Street Banks and hedge funds because they are not part of the old order. And they didn't nearly wreck the world economy. He appointed an anti-labor extremly pro-corporate supreme court justice. The oligarchy is quaking in its boots!

On 1/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, pegman said:

He inherited $200m from daddy. Self made $1b? Now your cred is in the gutter too.

More importantly, he had his father to teach him the real estate business, give him all his financial contacts and government contacts.  Then Mark Burnett built his brand for him and he has been capitalizing off of that brand ever since. 

More importantly, he had his father to teach him the real estate business, give him all his financial contacts and government contacts.  Then Mark Burnett built his brand for him and he has been capitalizing off of that brand ever since. 
Not to mention him being mentored by one of the most notorious villainous sleazeballs in history. Roy Cohn. It's revealing that he expected Sessions to be his Cohn in the white house. He has no concept of constitutional norms. It's all about him like any dictator type.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app