Find Yingluck and bring her to justice, PM orders

rooster59

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jamesmacleod said:

she's here in the UK, politically the Thai government need to find a way of getting her kicked out of the UK now, hence the 'no comment'!

If she is in the UK and if she is "kicked out" it doesn't follow she'll have to return to Thailand.

I fear that those who say that Britain will not cooperate with The Thai government are probably correct.  The opinion of many contributers to this site is that Thailand is corrupt does not appear to be shared by many wealthy fugitives who surely have the means to buy their way out of any trouble. 

I think that is why my Thai friends who enjoy the peace and who see many corrupt practices being reversed, are disenchanted with the West. When I look at the degeneration which is occuring in Europe and America I feel as my friends do that the West is not competant to judge Thailand. 

On 1/6/2018 at 7:13 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

There is zero chance anyone would extradite Yingluck to Thailand to face "justice" by a military Junta. Zero. Do you not understand this? Is not the lesson of Thaksin clear enough?

The only way that Yingluck will return to Thailand is if she chooses to do so. Period.

Please stop this blustering nonsense, you are making my belly hurt...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It's just his generalship trying to look tough

Maybe I am all wrong but stirring up the story again will create opposition in Red Shirt Country which in turn would affect the so important, proclaimed, security of the land and its democracy which results in - no, no elections possible for security reasons = more subs, more high speed trains to Nakorn Nowhere etc. 

They had three-plus years to nail her in and hoped she would disappear into thin air before that. After all, innocent = no reason for the coup; guilty = martyr created resulting in civil unrest. She did not until either the last whistleblow from the dunes of the Middle East or "got fled" with a little help. 

If they revoked all her passports (amazing, you can have an unlimited number of passports knowing the right people, it seems) then she is either illegally in another country, had (at least one) other nationality acquired or is being processed as a (political?) refugee. 

Bottomline could be = the "deja-vu" smoke screen? We will see, stay tuned for more from Thailand's political stage. The smoke screen certainly helps some members at the helm having difficulties in naming the lovely friends borrowing them luxury watches and other temporary decorations ;-) 

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

I fear that those who say that Britain will not cooperate with The Thai government are probably correct.  The opinion of many contributers to this site is that Thailand is corrupt does not appear to be shared by many wealthy fugitives who surely have the means to buy their way out of any trouble. 

I think that is why my Thai friends who enjoy the peace and who see many corrupt practices being reversed, are disenchanted with the West. When I look at the degeneration which is occuring in Europe and America I feel as my friends do that the West is not competant to judge Thailand. 

"The opinion of many contributers to this site is that Thailand is corrupt does not appear to be shared by many wealthy fugitives who surely have the means to buy their way out of any trouble."

Really? Then how do they buy themselves out of trouble in the first place? 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut Chan O Cha has requested that she be brought back and be held accountable. He won't stop until she is in jail ....   and he's just the one who can make it happen.

Good job Khun Prayut.

03914ed43e0d2f9b58c056825a861119.jpeg

PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha

OMG steven100 you're at it again. What about bringing a killer home (red bull heir) also? Or some rich crooked monks who have disappeared off overseas with a lot of ill gotten gains? And no doubt many others that could be added to the list.

I think you need to open both eyes. Try it, could be a new reality experience for you! :thumbsup:

"The opinion of many contributers to this site is that Thailand is corrupt does not appear to be shared by many wealthy fugitives who surely have the means to buy their way out of any trouble."

Really? Then how do they buy themselves out of trouble in the first place? 

What is your question? Is it; Why did they not buy themselves out of their problems instead of taking flight? The answer to which is; Because the present Government is not as corrupt as they were.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

What is your question? Is it; Why did they not buy themselves out of their problems instead of taking flight? The answer to which is; Because the present Government is not as corrupt as they were.

Try: 'How do they buy themselves out of the country under a 24 hour watch detail assigned by a scandal prone military junta?'

13 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

" Because the present Government is not as corrupt as they were."

And how can anyone possibly determine that? Name one truly independent body that can investigate their activities and scrutinise in detail their spending?

12 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Define "they". The present rulers or earlier governments?

If you're referring to the current rulers, then 100% corruption is, of course, real bad. But 95% corruption (fitting your definition of 'not as corrupt as they were') is correct BUT still damned corrupt!

Yes there is corruption in the West, money does that, but in the West there is shame and retribution, here shoulders are shrugged, smiles are given, and a few weeks in the temple sort things out. unashamed corruption seems to be an Asian thing, or maybe it's a religious thing,In largely protestant countries (see Scandinavia, especially Finland ) it is rare. In Europe even the whiff of a scandal is enough for a resignation, in Thailand one can blame it on ear medication.

Edited by soalbundy

There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

Yes, corruption can be anywhere, just not quite so blatant perhaps, as in Thailand? And those who gain from corruption in the Kingdom will, of coure, not "see/acknowledge it"! And in Thailand you have one man in charge who should be doing more to considerably reduce corruption but is not being seen to do it. That alone is a huge difference from the West.

43 minutes ago, michael walker said:

why bother !!

Thai government has her bond money in their bank plus properties confiscated . cheaper  for the tax payers !!! to forget it

Hell hath no fury like a politician scorned!

Just a case of political retribution and to hell with other real problems in the Kingdom. :post-4641-1156693976:

16 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Hell hath no fury like a politician scorned!

Just a case of political retribution and to hell with other real problems in the Kingdom. :post-4641-1156693976:

In the region in which I live, there is an alternative version.  "Hell hath no fury like a politician  Thai woman scorned!

On 1/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, rooster59 said:

The government has instructed police to track down and arrest fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra so she can be brought back to Thailand

must be their day for minimum synaptic activity;

they are much better off leaving here where she is,

unless they just enjoy self-induced headaches

... If they revoked all her passports (amazing, you can have an unlimited number of passports knowing the right people, it seems) then she is either illegally in another country, had (at least one) other nationality acquired or is being processed as a (political?) refugee...

I think that what if any passport she was holding when she presented herself at the UK border (if she is indeed here) wouldn't matter at all. All she would need to do was establish her identity (not difficult) and ask to be allowed to enter the country. The exact basis on which she would be allowed to remain here will be arranged between her (or more likely her legal team) and the Home Office. Passports and visas won't come into it. You can be sure that her lawyers are as good as they get - she won't be using a firm that normally deal with conveyancing and wills in Shepton Mallet!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/6/2018 at 6:53 AM, steven100 said:

I support a government that provides peace and stability as well as economic development. As I have mentioned one hundred times and has been proven over & over democracy doesn't work in Thailand.   Democracy is not something that has to be ... it's not a must have ...  I recently read an article from the Australian newspaper where it was commenting on how democracy had failed us ( the australian people )  it may have been regarding the mess with MP's having dual citizenship,  I just forget ... but my point being that how has democracy helped the average joe  ???  ok, so he can vote !! big deal ...  just vote some arse hole in who won't create jobs, help the poor, does nothing about high cost of living and many other things.

As I said,  I support peace and stability, and Thailand has that as it stands which without someone wheeling the stick fighting starts and it goes back to the problems as before.

You forgot the word FEAR

9 hours ago, sambum said:

Is this the same man who said a few months ago "She's gone - forget about her"?

PLEASE do not tell steven100 that!  :thumbsup: I am concerned about his health.

Edited by lvr181