British man missing in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

48 year old man goes missing for a whole week in Thailand? pretty sure he's safe and well and I'm also sure he'll be in touch when he wants to or needs to. He is 48 after all

A friend of mine came to stay with me and then went missing for a week. Never having been here before. He fell in love with a bar girl and moved in to her place. Happens all the time.

3 minutes ago, gamini said:

A friend of mine came to stay with me and then went missing for a week. Never having been here before. He fell in love with a bar girl and moved in to her place. Happens all the time.

it does indeed, i didn't want to bring up the whole girl thing as knew others would but i suspect that's exactly what's happened 555 standard

1 hour ago, gary c said:

give a thai girl thousand baht she,l find him in half an hour

No.  She'll be off like a shot to the nearest Somtam stand.  Offer her a thousand baht and he'll be found in half hour.

People are all different. Here in Hua Hin my American friends text about every 48 hours just to say hello and check in.

They would for sure be knocking on the door after two or three days of no response.

Lets hope this UK man is not dead.

Edited by NCC1701A

At some point the family of this man will be reading these comments.

How about anyone who lives near this hotel/city volunteer to contact his family just so they have some boots on the ground instead of making jokes about how he is with a ladyboy. 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

At some point the family of this man will be reading these comments.

How about anyone who lives near this hotel/city volunteer to contact his family just so they have some boots on the ground instead of making jokes about how he is with a ladyboy. 

let's hope he isn't married then. i really think reporting a guy of his age missing after a week here is way over the top but anyway . . .

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Next time you want to bring in Prayut into the story, read the article properly. His mate is a gun repair man.

my my touchy , touchy are we today  ?

8 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I hope he is ok. :sad:

Being a gun repairman, maybe Prayut wants to hire him to train the convicts  in gun repair.:w00t:

Hire who? The missing man or his friend? Do you and all your "like" buddies know that the gun repairman is Paul Stevens, the friend, not Martin Wood the missing man?

Being Single and Unattached, I don't really keep in touch with anybody regularly.  I don't text my siblings or cousins daily or anything like that.  Back in 2004 I was in Thailand and happened to email a few folks back in the states that we were going to Phuket.  This was two days before the Tsunami and for various reasons we changed our travel plans the next day and ended up in Ko Samet during the Tsunami.  The little resort we were at had no real internet service just one little computer and I didn't bother using it.I had a local Thai Phone I used for Thai and to call back to the USA now and then to check my messages at the time my USA phone did not work on the Thai network and the prices were too high anyway.  I flew back to the USA a few days later on my regularly scheduled return flight and finally got to a computer and checked my email and USA phone and saw lots of panic, as word had gotten around I was in Phuket and nobody had been able to contact me.  Oh well. 

23 hours ago, tonray said:

That settles it...they need to 'chip' all foreigners upon entry. That way we could also do away with 90 day reporting and TM30 form nonsense.

Lovely idea, but we all know that would be duplication, as they'd not want to do away with the old paperwork, just because they now could !

Hope the guy in the OP is found OK.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:10 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Next time you want to bring in Prayut into the story, read the article properly. His mate is a gun repair man.

If he was a watch repair man, I would certainly know where he is, but I hope they find him alive and does not end up on the list of the extremely many tourists dying in this country

he is still missing according to this tweet I just saw:

http://www.lbtrust.org/single-post/2017/12/30/Martin-Wood

48 year old Martin Wood was last seen leaving Dream Boutique Hotel, Petchaburi, 76120 Cha Am, Thailand, by hotel staff, at around 5.38pm on 30th December 2017. He has not  been heard from since.

Maritn is 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with thinning mousey brown hair and blue eyes. He also has a large scar on the back of his left hand. He was last seen wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Do you have any information?: 

From the UK you can call our central freephone information line on
0800 098 8485. Calls are free from landlines but may be charged from mobiles.

From overseas you can call +44800 098 8485 but this will incur costs. Please check before you call.

Alternatively you may prefer to email any information to [email protected]

All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.