Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

webfact

3 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Pity immigration can't be bothered to flag these types upon entering Swampy airport and send them back before they legally enter. It states he was a convicted rapist in the story for crying out loud. If that does not send out warning bells to airport immigration  i don't know what will!

How on earth would anybody's UK (or any other country) criminal convictions be accessible by a Thai immigration officer at a border post / airport entry point?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

How on earth would anybody's UK (or any other country) criminal convictions be accessible by a Thai immigration officer at a border post / airport entry point?

I would have thought a convicted rapist  would send a very large red flag upon point of entry. I Know for a fact  he would be turned around at Sydney airport quicksmart.

49 minutes ago, BWPattaya said:

The only good thing to come out of this is that he will serve time, a long time, in Ban Kwang prison instead of a UK prison. Then if he lives long enough to be released and deported he will be arrested on arival in the UK and serve another sentence.  

I feel sorry for the victim and her family. 

God forbid he ever gets repatriated to serve his sentence in the UK.   If the cab rapist in the UK is any example, he would be out in a year and on benefits for the rest of his miserable existence. . 

Rip Young Lady. You Mr deserve all your going to get. I can't see the family getting any money either out of this. At least a couple of million bht for compensation would ease the families stress at this sad time.  I just wonder did he actually rape her and in the struggle  she has fell or pushed. 

1 minute ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I would have thought a convicted rapist  would send a very large red flag upon point of entry. I Know for a fact  he would be turned around at Sydney airport quicksmart.

How would a Thai immigration officer at an airport have access to anybody's UK criminal convictions?

Given his UK "activity log", choosing Pattaya as the place to clean up and start a new life throws some doubt as to the sincerity of his alleged endeavour.

Or maybe he was going to start volunteer work at Father Rays when when he finally got round to it?

1 minute ago, kalidescopemind said:

I'm wondering why if he was wanted in the UK for a "Class A" drug offence (not sure what that is) why wasn't he apprehended trying to leave the UK?  You can just run away like the Hi-Sos in Thailand?

One would imagine he has failed to turn up for a hearing or court date. Or even just that the investigation is still ongoing and charges have not yet been laid but detectives would like to interview him. It happens very, very often. Travel restrictions are imposed far less often than you might imagine, particularly on UK citizens.

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

How would a Thai immigration officer at an airport have access to anybody's UK criminal convictions?

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You sound somewhat concerned.

His family are either incredibly naive or just making excuses for him. You don't just turn up in Pattaya, of all places, to 'start a new life' with no means of supporting yourself and few ocupations available to you as a foreigner. This convicted rapist was essentially on a long holiday until his money ran out - he wasn't living here. I hope they throw the book at him.

"Manager said in a headline that the couple were engaging in "kinky and weird sex"." (my italics).

Could the Manager define 'kinky and weird sex'? Perhaps he/she has only ever used the missionary position?  Was he/she watching? :whistling:

Reece Vella, from Birmingham, said he did not mean to kill his 26 .six year old partner who he took to his room.

Pattaya seems to be a paradise for all the criminals and other weirdoes on this planet. If the guy didn't "help Noi, Joy, Goi, or Toy ( whatever her nick was) to fall", why did he not stay?

A 25-year-old guy with such a history can hardly be trusted, can he? Considering that he took her phone AND KEPT IT shows an enormous degree of stupidity/ insanity. 

It seems that the poor woman had to experience a very difficult time with her last customer, not too many prostitutes are up to any kinky sex, on a balcony. 

The poor girl still had her life in front of her, while the one year younger Brit couldn't cope with his life. 

I feel very sorry for the Thai girl and hope that she's somewhere now where such strangers don't have access to her. It's not a great example of the "English gentlemen" metaphor.  

RIP, young lady. 

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Reece Vella, from Birmingham, said he did not mean to kill his 26 .six year old partner who he took to his room.

Pattaya seems to be a paradise for all the criminals and other weirdoes on this planet. If the guy didn't "help Noi, Joy, Goi, or Toy ( whatever her nick was) to fall", why did he not stay?

A 25-year-old guy with such a history can hardly be trusted, can he? Considering that he took her phone AND KEPT IT shows an enormous degree of stupidity/ insanity. 

It seems that the poor woman had to experience a very difficult time with her last customer, not too many prostitutes are up to any kinky sex, on a balcony. 

The poor girl still had her life in front of her, while the one year younger Brit couldn't cope with his life. 

I feel very sorry for the Thai girl and hope that she's somewhere now where such strangers don't have access to her. It's not a great example of the "English gentlemen" metaphor.  

RIP, young lady. 

Apparently, he is from Worcester...   Maybe Birmingham was the last city he lived (after getting out of prison).

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Apparently, he is from Worcester...   Maybe Birmingham was the last city he lived (after getting out of prison).

who cares where the scum bag comes from, he will now be living in Bangkok, hopefully for life.

3 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Another low life from UK who runs from justice! Uk Please ask thai to put him in Thai prison

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why did you feel the need to include "from the UK"?

A low-life is a low-life irrespective of where they come from.

Archived