Haunting CCTV shows ex-British soldier taking Thai prostitute to hotel before she plunged five floors to her death

snoop1130

4 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

She was a prostitute.  She had sex with people for money, in this case 1500 baht.  I don't think you know what 'ignorant' means...

and I quote ''ignorant''.. discourteous or rude'''...but nice try genius..

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, pattayadon said:

Anyone who uses the "P" word, especially thai reporters, are complete idiots.   Once again I make my point as to how the Thai media salivates on British (and American) bashings.   RIP Joy, You didn't deserve this.

IMO , some people dislike the use of the word "prostitute" because they do not like the reality .

They prefer to use the word "bargirl", because they prefer not to face up to the reality that they are a guy who constantly uses prostitutes

2 hours ago, vogie said:

My mother worked all her life and she certainly wasn't a prostitute! There's nothing wrong with calling someone by their correct occupation. 

prostitute
ˈprɒstɪtjuːt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.

Another thought, perhaps your not a Brit, the term WORKING girl means she is a WORKING girl, not a girl that works, thats the English language for you

No offence was meant as regards yours or anybodys mother, or other females relatives for that matter

I hope thats cleared up to your satisfaction

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Another thought, perhaps your not a Brit, the term WORKING girl means she is a WORKING girl, not a girl that works, thats the English language for you

No offence was meant as regards yours or anybodys mother, or other females relatives for that matter

I hope thats cleared up to your satisfaction

I am very British thank you very much. The point I am making is that by using the word prostitute is neither disrespectful, derogatory or any thing else for matter, it is what she was, why are you getting so sensitive about people using the correct terminology from the english dictionary? Nobody is trying to disrespect her by any means. Lets try and use english as it was disigned for and not calling a spade, 'an earth moving tool.'

So on the daily mirror article it says this

" These are the haunting moments before a Thai prostitute plunged five floor to her death while having "very strange, extravagant sex" on a hotel balcony."

So who are they quoting?

it reads like that someone saw them having sex.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I am very British thank you very much. The point I am making is that by using the word prostitute is neither disrespectful, derogatory or any thing else for matter, it is what she was, why are you getting so sensitive about people using the correct terminology from the english dictionary? Nobody is trying to disrespect her by any means. Lets try and use english as it was disigned for and not calling a spade, 'an earth moving tool.'

British is a vague term like saying Middle Eastern or like African. English would be more proper.

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

IMO , some people dislike the use of the word "prostitute" because they do not like the reality .

They prefer to use the word "bargirl", because they prefer not to face up to the reality that they are a guy who constantly uses prostitutes

The problem i have is not the use of the word it that the word is too often used in a derogatory  or negative manner.  It may not be meant that way but the tone of your Post indicates to me that you have a negative view about guys who use their services.

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

why would you call the woman a prostitute....that is just ignorant ...

ANY Thai girl/woman who works in bar is prostitute......they all want "picking" up by a male.....then he has his way with her.....this is prostitution.

She got 1500 so the report says but who knows how much DID SHE REALLY GET FROM HIM???

12 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

ANY Thai girl/woman who works in bar is prostitute......they all want "picking" up by a male.....then he has his way with her.....this is prostitution.

She got 1500 so the report says but who knows how much DID SHE REALLY GET FROM HIM???

They are prostitutes ??? :shock1:  I thought they were "ladies"

15 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Quality journalism would criticize RTP for trying to prove she died due to negligence as opposed to pre-meditated homicide, which carries a death sentence as opposed to a maximum of 10 years imprisonment.

And quality journalists would dispute his claim of PTSD being raised to mitigate the severity of the sentence.

In order to be properly diagnosed with PTSD, you have to have witnessed and been subjected to bodies being blown apart or shot in wartime conditions or a violent rape.  This scum never served in wartime conditions, but I hope his future holds death or repeated rapes of him.  

In order to get the diagnosis PTSD one does NOT have to have witnessed the things you write. It doesn’t have to be all that dramatic! 

33 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

They are prostitutes ??? :shock1:  I thought they were "ladies"

stop this insanity...a woman can be many things...a prostitute a house keeper a rock star...they all have one thing in common..they are all woman and someones daughter..cut this woman some slack ...no one is disputing her line of work... just lighten up on the HEADLINES...

6 minutes ago, mok199 said:

stop this insanity...a woman can be many things...a prostitute a house keeper a rock star...they all have one thing in common..they are all woman and someones daughter..cut this woman some slack ...no one is disputing her line of work... just lighten up on the HEADLINES...

I agree with you.

But the man always ends up paying for the chick in some way or the other and her job is normally a lot more fun person to be with than the standard date or ball and chain. She seemed like a nice fun girl in the videos. 

3 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:
  • PTSD
  • Got in with the wrong crow
  • Had a drug problem.

These are just a few of the excuses being bandied about. But they are what they are - just excuses. This convicted rapist needs to be held responsible for his actions. Be it causing the girls death or at least just leaving her to die.

If you read his brother's comments, he implies he was imprisoned because of "a problem with drugs" rather than the reality of a violent rape including hitting the victim several times and with a weapon.

The charge for class A drug supply came after he was released. 

Hardly someone whose trustworthy - illegally here to escape a UK arrest warrant and former convicted rapist.

15 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Quality journalism would criticize RTP for trying to prove she died due to negligence as opposed to pre-meditated homicide, which carries a death sentence as opposed to a maximum of 10 years imprisonment.

And quality journalists would dispute his claim of PTSD being raised to mitigate the severity of the sentence.

In order to be properly diagnosed with PTSD, you have to have witnessed and been subjected to bodies being blown apart or shot in wartime conditions or a violent rape.  This scum never served in wartime conditions, but I hope his future holds death or repeated rapes of him.  

Not only soldiers have PTSD.  But you need to have severe traumatic experience or experiences. And not everyone with ptsd is agresive and kill people.  Than take a runner with the victims phone and motorbike to an other karaoke bar.  

23 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Bar Girl is better than the demeaning call name of prostitute. 

Or perhaps you'd prefer to go all Biblical and use "Whore"?

Nothing demeaning about the word "prostitute". World's oldest profession. And far less hypocritical than banking, legal, politicians etc etc etc

Archived