Haunting CCTV shows ex-British soldier taking Thai prostitute to hotel before she plunged five floors to her death

snoop1130

4 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Tragic waste of a young life . i always thought that among other things made illegal in Thailand ,prostitution is one of them ,no mention of that so i suppose im wrong   

I think you'll find that most normal people consider an investigation into her death a lot more important than deciding whether she was breaking any prostitution laws.   Being paid for sex is not illegal in Thailand, by the way.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pattayadon said:

Anyone who uses the "P" word, especially thai reporters, are complete idiots.   Once again I make my point as to how the Thai media salivates on British (and American) bashings.   RIP Joy, You didn't deserve this.

The reporters in this OP were the British press, not the Thai press.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I am very British thank you very much. The point I am making is that by using the word prostitute is neither disrespectful, derogatory or any thing else for matter, it is what she was, why are you getting so sensitive about people using the correct terminology from the english dictionary? Nobody is trying to disrespect her by any means. Lets try and use english as it was disigned for and not calling a spade, 'an earth moving tool.'

I am not bothered what others do, is that clear, I choose to use another term

Its MY personal choice to use the term working girl

I thought I had made that quite clear

If this does not hack it then as very much British, YOU will now know what YOU can do wont YOU 

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

No need to presume anything in that direction, just stick to the reported facts, which will relieve you of the task of presuming anything

They are quite bad enough as it is

The original Post says

"Wannipam, who was known as Joy, fell naked " 

That is the reported facts.

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I think you'll find that most normal people consider an investigation into her death a lot more important than deciding whether she was breaking any prostitution laws.   Being paid for sex is not illegal in Thailand, by the way.

Prostitution in Thailand has been illegal since 1960

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The reporters in this OP were the British press, not the Thai press.

come one you think we are dump? It seem  this 'British' press declared war against Thailand. There are so many anti Thailand threads there, why? Why would a country or paper care about a small country such as Thailand, 10,000 miles away. Why not reporting about Mr Farang falling out with with lover GF from Bed in New Delhi or Sexx Slavery in South Africa. Why Thailand  ..... :)    

5 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I am not bothered what others do, is that clear, I choose to use another term

Its MY personal choice to use the term working girl

I thought I had made that quite clear

If this does not hack it then as very much British, YOU will now know what YOU can do wont YOU 

So don't berate others that choose to use the correct terminology, and if you are so sensitive you have to shout at other members, maybe this topic is not suited to your sensitivity. 

4 hours ago, Howiehotspur said:

Well if he’s 25 , and was jailed in 2012 , 

a year after the rape charge . He would have left school I assume at 16 

so in the army for what , 2 years ? ... where at that age and experience would he have served ? 

He only ever 'served' at Defensive Logistic Support Training Group at Deepcut Barracks in Surrey. By all accounts, in would be unusual for any former enlisted man or woman NOT to claim PTSD after doing their training there. If he was an already 'troubled' youth with few options when he signed up, then his short military career was probably not a very positive life-forming experience for him.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Many times after someone has committed a terrible crime friends, media waffle on about ptsd why?

Also ex-soldier, what has that got to do with what happened?

No matter what happened, how she died, he is scum for just walking away and doing nothing.

R.I.P. young lady.

well said 

2 minutes ago, blubb said:

come one you think we are dump? It seem  this 'British' press declared war against Thailand. There are so many anti Thailand threads there, why? Why would a country or paper care about a small country such as Thailand, 10,000 miles away. Why not reporting about Mr Farang falling out with with lover GF from Bed in New Delhi or Sexx Slavery in South Africa. Why Thailand  ..... :)    

"come one you think we are dump?"

What?  I read that then decided it wasn't worth reading an further. Then, against my better judgement, I read the rest.  Should have stuck to my original thought.

18 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

In order to be properly diagnosed with PTSD, you have to have witnessed and been subjected to bodies being blown apart or shot in wartime conditions or a violent rape.  This scum never served in wartime conditions, but I hope his future holds death or repeated rapes of him.  

Not true.  People suffer PTSD over a whole range of issues.

It's the way the British press works they consider certain topics sort of News for a while. I Remember about 10 years ago every time you open the newspaper there was a story of a child geting attacked by a dog, this went on for 3 months then no more stories. Now there was no more or less children getting attacked by dogs around this time it was just news for a while because they wanted it to be. Then people wasn't socked anymore and they stopped writing about it. Seems like they Like stories about Thailand at the moment. We will see if this latest bad publicity has any knock on effect for the sex industry in pattaya and especially soi 6. I wouldn't be surprised if we start reading about new crack downs next week like last time pattaya was in the British press.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The original Post says

"Wannipam, who was known as Joy, fell naked " 

That is the reported facts.

Quite, so I took it for granted that the young lady was still naked, as I could see no evidence to the contrary

So yes you can presume with confidence in this case

I think you went the long way around to say something that was obvious

The word presume can be used in various ways for sure

As an example the Brit in this case should be presumed innocent until proven guilty, but life is not quite like that

I do think the posters who are presuming him to be guilty are probably correct 

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

It's the way the British press works they consider certain topics sort of News for a while. I Remember about 10 years ago every time you open the newspaper there was a story of a child geting attacked by a dog, this went on for 3 months then no more stories. Now there was no more or less children getting attacked by dogs around this time it was just news for a while because they wanted it to be. Then people wasn't socked anymore and they stopped writing about it. Seems like they Like stories about Thailand at the moment.

It has the makings, or so the press felt....pushed or fell?, hunted by the police, drugs involved, sex etc etc. They believe it will sell, so they sensationalise it and off we go...with all these ingredients they will be racing to print it in the dailys and no doubt it will be 'covered' with the other story about the prostitution and the crystal blue seas...that's my horoscope for the day.

It has the makings, or so the press felt....pushed or fell?, hunted by the police, drugs involved, sex etc etc. They believe it will sell, so they sensationalise it and off we go...with all these ingredients they will be racing to print it in the dailys and no doubt it will be 'covered' with the other story about the prostitution and the crystal blue seas...that's my horoscope for the day.
Who's in The UK now how big a Story is it are all the Newspapers running it?

If it's big News expect Some more scandals maybe in the next few days. And possibly one paper writing a 2 page article about Pattaya and especially soi 6. And if it goes to Trial I can't imagine how big that story will be. Look at that lady in a Egyptian prison at the moment for smuggling painkillers.

4 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i dont think it was an accident that she fell, i think he pushed her with death as intent.
thai hookers can be very aggressive, and as has been reported, this punter is also aggressive

Care to share some of your experiences with very aggressive Thai working girls? 

And I mean girls not ladyboys.

I've never had such an experience and I've been around a bit. 

47 minutes ago, vogie said:

So don't berate others that choose to use the correct terminology, and if you are so sensitive you have to shout at other members, maybe this topic is not suited to your sensitivity. 

I cant see where I have berated anybody, I believe without going back to look that I did say I found some ways of describing working girls was a bit in your face for my taste

I will find time to check and if you are correct then an apology will be forthcoming

I am not aware personally of any sensitivity to this subject concerning myself

I do believe the odd word needs to be emphasized occasionally to help clarity and understanding 

I think the problem using the word prostitute is that of perception.  If you had never been to Thailand it is fair to assume some people would have an image of a greasy bloated tart with laddered stockings and a mini skirt barely covering here cellulite ridden thighs, puffing away on a street corner ready to take on young and old. Doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. 

The reality in Thailand is that the vast majority Bar girls are quite to very attractive,  do not have to go with any customer if they so wish and can be pleasant and fun to be with. I have had some great 'girlfriends for the night' and have repeated the experience several times with some. 

I don't care what the moralistic bible bashers think of me as I think very little of them. 

20 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i dont think it was an accident that she fell, i think he pushed her with death as intent.
thai hookers can be very aggressive, and as has been reported, this punter is also aggressive

What do you know about this particular incident that justifies your saying that balderdash?

12 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I cant see where I have berated anybody, I believe without going back to look that I did say I found some ways of describing working girls was a bit in your face for my taste

I will find time to check and if you are correct then an apology will be forthcoming

I am not aware personally of any sensitivity to this subject concerning myself

I do believe the odd word needs to be emphasized occasionally to help clarity and understanding 

That is done with the use of italics or bold, CAPITALISING is shouting.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Many times after someone has committed a terrible crime friends, media waffle on about ptsd why?

Also ex-soldier, what has that got to do with what happened?

No matter what happened, how she died, he is scum for just walking away and doing nothing.

R.I.P. young lady.

The Mirror along with The Sun and the Star are sensationalist gutter press.  They are written in a way to titillate the masses rather than reporting facts.  Should always take everything they write with a pinch of salt or maybe a bucket full!

38 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Care to share some of your experiences with very aggressive Thai working girls? 

And I mean girls not ladyboys.

I've never had such an experience and I've been around a bit. 

Just go YouTube there is alot of working girl there fighting 

Pattaya by night etc 

Archived