Haunting CCTV shows ex-British soldier taking Thai prostitute to hotel before she plunged five floors to her death

snoop1130

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I think the problem using the word prostitute is that of perception.  If you had never been to Thailand it is fair to assume some people would have an image of a greasy bloated tart with laddered stockings and a mini skirt barely covering here cellulite ridden thighs, puffing away on a street corner ready to take on young and old. Doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. 

The reality in Thailand is that the vast majority Bar girls are quite to very attractive,  do not have to go with any customer if they so wish and can be pleasant and fun to be with. I have had some great 'girlfriends for the night' and have repeated the experience several times with some. 

I don't care what the moralistic bible bashers think of me as I think very little of them. 

You know the old saying, dont knock it until you have tried it

22 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The Mirror along with The Sun and the Star are sensationalist gutter press.  They are written in a way to titillate the masses rather than reporting facts.  Should always take everything they write with a pinch of salt or maybe a bucket full!

Why do you think i was referring to the UK gutter press?

I was speaking about the media in general.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Yea.....I gotta say the title doesn't sit right with me, even though it is what it is. Thanks to fine British journalism she'll always be known as a prostitute and he'll always be known as a "soldier". The label puts less value on her life imo. They could have said a bar girl.

and therein lies the problem, a job title should not put less value on her life, or dehumanise her in any way...

noun
noun: prostitute; plural noun: prostitutes
  1. 1.
    a person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment

this is what she did, this was her job and one would hope that she worked to live. No offence, but if you devalue someone because of their occupation then you need to consider your own values system. Yes an occupation like this may expose you to more danger than most, but that does not give anyone the right to treat any person, whatever their occupation, with less respect.

13 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Yea.....I gotta say the title doesn't sit right with me, even though it is what it is. Thanks to fine British journalism she'll always be known as a prostitute and he'll always be known as a "soldier". The label puts less value on her life imo. They could have said a bar girl.

And they should have called him camouflaged Uniformed man , rather than soldier

1 minute ago, Megasin1 said:

and therein lies the problem, a job title should not put less value on her life, or dehumanise her in any way...

noun
noun: prostitute; plural noun: prostitutes
  1. 1.
    a person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment

this is what she did, this was her job and one would hope that she worked to live. No offence, but if you devalue someone because of their occupation then you need to consider your own values system. Yes an occupation like this may expose you to more danger than most, but that does not give anyone the right to treat any person, whatever their occupation, with less respect.

Yes, my opinion will change if a person is described in a degrading manner. At least I'm not a hypocrite to admit this and I guarantee you 90% of people who read this trash will form the same opinion.

Curiously this PC crap that is so popular in the west doesn't apply to a thai woman? Yes, very curious indeed cuz when I read British press Muslim rapists are called people with a sexual emergency.

Shameful.

Prostitution in Thailand has been illegal since 1960

And since 1960 a number of laws have amended the law, particularly the Entertainment Places Act which regulated gogo bars, massage parlours and places like the bar where Joy worked. As has been mentioned the private act of paying for and selling sex is not in itself illegal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Yes, my opinion will change if a person is described in a degrading manner. At least I'm not a hypocrite to admit this and I guarantee you 90% of people who read this trash will form the same opinion.

you got that right, it is written as trash and then pasted by Thai Visa, who corrected nothing. Don't get me wrong, it is tragic, sad news and it is newsworthy, I don't disagree with that. What I disagree with is the way they have written it and it's not poor editing, it's marketed to emotionalise you...'Haunting' my ass...a video clip of 2 people in a lift is not haunting at all. Let's just hope that the clips of 'Joy' haunt him to his grave, but I doubt it. Every word they used in that headline they used for a purpose, don't allow them to affect your judgement.

44 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And since 1960 a number of laws have amended the law, particularly the Entertainment Places Act which regulated gogo bars, massage parlours and places like the bar where Joy worked. As has been mentioned the private act of paying for and selling sex is not in itself illegal.

There is nothing in the acts that cover prostitution that states in "private" etc is legal. There is no clear definition of what constitutes a "prostitution establishment". Because there is no clear definition, not usually enforced ,people interpret this to mean "in private" is not  illegal. I think you will find no legal precedence.

You could put forward the same argument in any country, sex in private between consenting adults is not illegal and gifting money to someone is not illegal. Its semantics

Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act[edit]

The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)[2] is the statute most directly prohibiting prostitution. Under the act, the definition of "prostitution" is "Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not." A clear definition of the phrase "in a promiscuous manner" is not provided.[3]

Under the act, persons who solicit sex "...in an open and shameless manner..." (a phrase that is not clearly defined), or who are "...causing nuisance to the public..." are subject to a fine. Persons associating in a "prostitution establishment" with another person for the purpose of prostitution faces a jail term or a fine or both. The term "prostitution establishment" is not clearly defined, although it may be broadly interpreted to include any place where prostitution takes place, especially in regard to cases involving child prostitution that carry heavier penalties (up to six years if the prostitute is younger than 15 years of age)—otherwise, the law is not usually enforced against prostitution in private places. The act also imposes heavier penalties against owners of prostitution businesses and establishments.[3][4][5][6] The criminal code also stipulates penalties for procuring or using money earned from prostitution.[7][8]

There is nothing in the acts that cover prostitution that states in "private" etc is legal. There is no clear definition of what constitutes a "prostitution establishment". Because there is no clear definition, not usually enforced ,people interpret this to mean "in private" is not  illegal. I think you will find no legal precedence.
You could put forward the same argument in any country, sex in private between consenting adults is not illegal and gifting money to someone is not illegal. Its semantics

Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act[edit]

The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996)[2] is the statute most directly prohibiting prostitution. Under the act, the definition of "prostitution" is "Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not." A clear definition of the phrase "in a promiscuous manner" is not provided.[3]

Under the act, persons who solicit sex "...in an open and shameless manner..." (a phrase that is not clearly defined), or who are "...causing nuisance to the public..." are subject to a fine. Persons associating in a "prostitution establishment" with another person for the purpose of prostitution faces a jail term or a fine or both. The term "prostitution establishment" is not clearly defined, although it may be broadly interpreted to include any place where prostitution takes place, especially in regard to cases involving child prostitution that carry heavier penalties (up to six years if the prostitute is younger than 15 years of age)—otherwise, the law is not usually enforced against prostitution in private places. The act also imposes heavier penalties against owners of prostitution businesses and establishments.[3][4][5][6] The criminal code also stipulates penalties for procuring or using money earned from prostitution.[7][8]

Not really the thread for it, but try referring to the Act I mentioned. In any case nothing in the Wiki links states consensual paid for sex with someone over 18 is illegal.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Curiously this PC crap that is so popular in the west doesn't apply to a thai woman? Yes, very curious indeed cuz when I read British press Muslim rapists are called people with a sexual emergency.

Shameful.

Wrong - that phrase "sexual emergency" was used by the Iranian asylum seeker in Germany who raped a 10 year old boy at a swimming pool to try and somehow justify his actions. I live in the UK and have never seen that phrase used to describe any other incident. I would, however, agree that there are ever-increasing amounts of PC crap in Western life now. One reason why I plan to retire early elsewhere :-) 

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I don't disagree that he's scum, but not for running away.  What is he supposed to do when she's lying dead 70 feet down?

Best thing is to go down and see if they are okay and get reception to call an ambulance? From the initial story I read, she was still alive after the fall and died afterwards. At least comfort her as she dies?

Running away in a situation like that is probably the worst thing you could do. Both for yourself and the other person.

I am just conjecturing here as everyone does...so it's 5.30 am and getting lighter. The initial report stated she didn't die immediately. So whatever he was doing if someone dropped off your balcony you would look. He would see her 15m away and then he just ran off. No help, no ambulance, no reception. Scum.

I would be interested as to the whereabouts of her clothes. I am trying to decide how callous he was. He had her phone, this has been reported. Is that so she couldn't be located? So the question arises as to what he did with her clothes? If he removed her clothes from the condo then it's a whole different ball game.

I have another question too..if I was trying to demonstrate a haunting lift video I would also include the CCTV of him going back down on his own. So if he didn't take the lift down then you can draw many conclusions from that.....you can start by eradicating 'ran off in a panic' as that is a calculated decision to avoid the CCTV and I assume, reception.

21 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It doesn't say that, it just says she was pronounced dead at the scene.

The initial reports, Thai and English, says she was still alive when the foundation guys arrived. They carried out CPR but she still died at the scene.

On 9.1.2018 at 3:17 PM, 4MyEgo said:

"He faces up to ten years in prison or a fine of 200,000 Thai baht on a charge of causing death by negligent or reckless behaviour".

Police claim that the reckless and negligent behaviour was the sex on the balcony that directly caused her death.

How about 10 years in jail, and the 200,000 baht gets another 0 added to it for the family, no it won't bring her back, but it will help the family as she was providing for them as most of these Isaan girls do.

RIP little fire cracker

the guy should be fined no doubt ...if they find out he pushed her than is number one murder see u next life out of prison...but that makes the hooker to no saint...most girls just send a bare minimum or nothing to their familys the rest is for expensive iphones gold and the compolsary gik....thai hookers same businnes pussys like everywhere else in the world...drugs alcohol violence the usual 

1 hour ago, dpdp said:

Why would it be more important when a Thai dies than when a foreigner dies ?

I perfectly do not care that Thai die as I am not Thai.

I am more worried by foreigners death, and you should feel the same !

Again stupid comment I care when people kill each other Thai or foreigner he is a scumbag that is a fact 

3 hours ago, dpdp said:

Why would it be more important when a Thai dies than when a foreigner dies ?

I perfectly do not care that Thai die as I am not Thai.

I am more worried by foreigners death, and you should feel the same !

We're all human, why does it matter which border we were born inside or which piece of land we were born on?

Archived