How much money can foreigner send

vaibz

Don't brag about it then. Your concern is that you want to send money out of the country which hasn't been taxed anywhere. That good open a can of worms

I just said I’d like to know, good info if I ever do need to send money overseas.

Who was bragging? I was just stating facts.

You continue to post without any relevance, good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Worldwide below  $9999 per transaction, without explanation. Over $10,000 one has to fill in a form at the bank, giving a reason for the transfer. 

At least this is my experience.

Kasikorn Bank say - 

4 hours ago, petedk said:

Anything from 20K to 200K.

Oh, they also asked the reason for transferring. I was told to write "Family support"

Yes, this was my experience with Kasikorn.   I needed to TT some funds to pay a developer in India and had to say what the funds were for.   None of the options were suitable, so the bank staff said just put down 'Money for supporting family overseas'.

You can send out as much as you can prove you brought into the country. If you earned money here and pay tax you can take that money out as you will have a work permit. If you have sold a condo you will be able to take the declared transfer amount out on production of the correct paperwork from the land office.so the simple answer  is as little as a cent or billions as long as you can prove and as long as the bank of Thailand allows it ...or the bank acting on their behalf which is subject to audit.

If you are married to a Thai person you maybe able to asks their assistance to send money out.

How do I know because I have just done it and had issues. I hope this answers you question if not ask at your Bank.

Good luck

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Worldwide below  $9999 per transaction, without explanation. Over $10,000 one has to fill in a form at the bank, giving a reason for the transfer. 

At least this is my experience.

I assume you are not speaking of Thailand specifically but trying to lump Thailand with other countries rules.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

You also have to consider what kind of visa you're on.  I couldn't transfer any money after my WP expired and I entered on visa exempt.  That was at Kasikorn Bank, whose manager explained to me that it was Thai law, and not bank policy.

Edit:  I'm not claiming any expert status, just claiming that things don't always work the way you expect them to...and for reasons that you may not predict.

I have transferred money out every year for the pasts two decades no one asks me why.  I've transferred 4 or 5 million baht in and no one asks me why.  I don't have a work permit and am on a retirement extension.

You can send out as much as you can prove you brought into the country. If you earned money here and pay tax you can take that money out as you will have a work permit. If you have sold a condo you will be able to take the declared transfer amount out on production of the correct paperwork from the land office.so the simple answer  is as little as a cent or billions as long as you can prove and as long as the bank of Thailand allows it ...or the bank acting on their behalf which is subject to audit.
If you are married to a Thai person you maybe able to asks their assistance to send money out.
How do I know because I have just done it and had issues. I hope this answers you question if not ask at your Bank.
Good luck

What were your issues?

Wrong visa?
No visa?
No proof of bringing money into country?

Thanks

FWIW OP I've also transferred over 5 mill. out at one time, but I've had those funds and much more on deposit with my bank for many years hence they were able to see it was not something suspicious or fleeting. I've also got a history with my bank of moving funds backwards and forwards hence it can be done, it's the personal circumstances that are the variable from customer to customer.

FWIW OP I've also transferred over 5 mill. out at one time, but I've had those funds and much more on deposit with my bank for many years hence they were able to see it was not something suspicious or fleeting. I've also got a history with my bank of moving funds backwards and forwards hence it can be done, it's the personal circumstances that are the variable from customer to customer.

Ok, thanks

19 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Nonsense, I’ve lived in Thailand for many years, earned money overseas but paid into Thai bank account, not tax paid in either country.

Anyway that’s by the by you’re STILL not answering the question, what is the AMOUNT ( in usd ) you can send out the country per transaction? Per day or per month.

Ps - it’s ok if you don’t know, someone else I am sure will be along soon.

Try doing something drastic like ask at your local bank what the procedure is if you live in Thailand,if not, write to a Thai bank website most have an enqiury box.

I must say that it is a fairly arbitrary amount.

If you work in Thailand  some banks basically will let you send about your annual earnings less say 40% for living. Regardless, it is arbitrary as the Central Bank doesn't provide guidelines.

Some banks (not Thai) allow unrestricted mainly because the rip you off on exchange rates.

You should have no problem sending funds out on a regular basis for 'living expenses' as long as you keep the size relatively low- say below USD 10K  

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

That is a criminal offense in both countries.

Nonsense

I'm a legal non resident of Canada, therefore no taxes owing on my income back in Canada

I've worked in Saudi Arabia, no taxes payable there

I reside in Thailand, and they don't tax me on income earned outside the country

No laws broken, No taxes paid

24 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Nonsense

I'm a legal non resident of Canada, therefore no taxes owing on my income back in Canada

I reside in Thailand, and they don't tax me on income earned outside the country

If you reside in Thailand, funds remitted to Thailand in the year they were earned, is subject to Thai tax.

9 hours ago, amvet said:

I have transferred money out every year for the pasts two decades no one asks me why.  I've transferred 4 or 5 million baht in and no one asks me why.  I don't have a work permit and am on a retirement extension.

That retirement extension gives you the right to residence.   It's different if you're on a tourist visa or visa exempt.

16 hours ago, Dogbarker said:

Good luck

15 hours ago, JaiLai said:

What were your issues?

Wrong visa?
No visa?
No proof of bringing money into country?

Thanks

Documentation on selling the condo not provided from land office. The "transfer in" bank withdrew from Thailand retail banking and their new transfer bank has no foreign capabilities. Sent through bangkok bank and justification took time to prove. Eventually I was able to send but it took three weeks and I thought I had enough documentation.. Letter from original bank and tax receipt of sale. I learned a lot very quickly what is and what is not possible. .  and I was doing it legally. My visa was based on retirement. No work permit

Edited by Dogbarker
Additional information

On 09/01/2018 at 10:27 PM, JaiLai said:

Nonsense, I’ve lived in Thailand for many years, earned money overseas but paid into Thai bank account, not tax paid in either country.

Anyway that’s by the by you’re STILL not answering the question, what is the AMOUNT ( in usd ) you can send out the country per transaction? Per day or per month.

Ps - it’s ok if you don’t know, someone else I am sure will be along soon.

You circumventing the law, so the answer is wrong?

You should pay taxes, so the answer is very much correct.

Documentation on selling the condo not provided from land office. The "transfer in" bank withdrew from Thailand retail banking and their new transfer bank has no foreign capabilities. Sent through bangkok bank and justification took time to prove. Eventually I was able to send but it took three weeks and I thought I had enough documentation.. Letter from original bank and tax receipt of sale. I learned a lot very quickly what is and what is not possible. .  and I was doing it legally. My visa was based on retirement. No work permit

Thanks

15 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Nonsense

Read the law first before you make senseless comments

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, JaiLai said:

Like everything, it'll probably be up to the bank staff at whichever bank you use. However, I'm bringing in a lot, and eventually sending it out again, so I'll be asking at the bank how much I can send out, as they know what they'll allow.

If it's not enough, I'll just have to do it in smaller amounts over time and by different means as well.