Soi Bukaw

Destiny1990

On 1/30/2018 at 11:52 PM, tropo said:

I think the main motto in Pattaya should be "leave well enough alone". Soi Buakhao is fine the way it is and tourists love it.  

"Let Soi Buakhao Be Soi Buakhao."

Ditto Pattaya.

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

it is not a big concern for me but for all these British tourists who live there day and night

Nah, mostly an obsession with a few of the same old TVF urban planners for bashing and posturing purposes. That said, one old poster actually does stay in the area when he's in town and expects Pattaya everywhere to adapt itself to his weak knees.

The area's had the same "issues" for decades, yet has always been popular w/ a particular market segment and looks to continue to be so even though nothing's going to be widened, it's not going to become a one-way, it's not going to become a walking street, the pavements will remain cluttered, some buildings will continue to look as decrepit as many of the tourists, and traffic will probably get even worse.

So, just gonna have to suck it up. Are we done yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/01/2018 at 9:44 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Hi Tropo can u indicate with arrows if possible where the person with yellow outfit and golf bag should be walking?

IMG_2385.JPG

He is facing the oncoming traffic.  Good idea and sufficient for self preservation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

"Let Soi Buakhao Be Soi Buakhao."

Ditto Pattaya.

Nah, mostly an obsession with a few of the same old TVF urban planners for bashing and posturing purposes. That said, one old poster actually does stay in the area when he's in town and expects Pattaya everywhere to adapt itself to his weak knees.

The area's had the same "issues" for decades, yet has always been popular w/ a particular market segment and looks to continue to be so even though nothing's going to be widened, it's not going to become a one-way, it's not going to become a walking street, the pavements will remain cluttered, some buildings will continue to look as decrepit as many of the tourists, and traffic will probably get even worse.

So, just gonna have to suck it up. Are we done yet?

Well said.  And don't forget LK Metro and all the great bars and restaurants in the SB area. It's taking over from WS. No Chinese tour groups and No you know who.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tropo said:

(I'm not grumpy at all, but thanks for your concern. My diet, which is irrelevant here, is not an egg diet, but varied.)

If I needed to do 10,000 steps a day, I'd do most of them on the hill in the park, not inhaling traffic fumes on city streets and whining about all the non-footpath roads. That's a pretty stressful workout strategy so I can understand why YOU'RE so grumpy.:smile:

Actually most popular streets in Pattaya have pavements already weird u haven't noticed that.Maybe u need to do more then 130 steps a day the exercise will boost your serotonin levels.(less Grumpy) ?

I usually walk at Jomtien  beach boulevard clearly the best choice  but sometimes i go in the city and do most by walking there also and then noticed the Bukaw is not ideal. I hope one day when they improve the Soi that u guys will not be to disappointed for having to see nice pavements in ur face.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
11 hours ago, tropo said:

(I'm not grumpy at all, but thanks for your concern. My diet, which is irrelevant here, is not an egg diet, but varied.)

If I needed to do 10,000 steps a day, I'd do most of them on the hill in the park, not inhaling traffic fumes on city streets and whining about all the non-footpath roads. That's a pretty stressful workout strategy so I can understand why YOU'RE so grumpy.:smile:

Actually most popular streets in Pattaya have pavements already weird u haven't noticed that.Maybe u need to do more then 130 steps a day the exercise will boost your serotonin levels.(less Grumpy) ?

I usually walk at Jomtien  beach boulevard clearly the best choice  but sometimes i go in the city and do most by walking there also and then noticed the Bukaw is not ideal. I hope one day when they improve the Soi that u guys will not be to disappointed for having to see nice pavements in ur face.

(10,000 steps are about 8 km or about 90 minutes of walking. It's about 300 calories burnt. One of my intense cardio sessions burns as many calories as you do in a week. If exercise makes one not grumpy, I should be extremely happy lol)

I never suggested that many main streets don't have sidewalks. The problem is that they are cluttered and difficult to negotiate. They often have very rough surfaces too, so the street is a better alternative in most places.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

(10,000 steps are about 8 km or about 90 minutes of walking. It's about 300 calories burnt. One of my intense cardio sessions burns as many calories as you do in a week. If exercise makes one not grumpy, I should be extremely happy lol)

I never suggested that many main streets don't have sidewalks. The problem is that they are cluttered and difficult to negotiate. They often have very rough surfaces too, so the street is a better alternative in most places.

You correct about the steps/time and i start now to add squats and weight lifting because yes i did not loose any weight in fact  i just got more hungry from the walking.?.

So u want to copy the Indians here and walk on the main roads? thats suicide. I stick with the pavements long as they are there just need good shoes?

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You correct about the steps/time and i start now to add squats and weight lifting because yes i did not loose any weight in fact  i just got more hungry from the walking.?.

So u want to copy the Indians here and walk on the main roads? thats suicide. I stick with the pavements long as they are there just need good shoes?

That's very good... then I suggest you start stepping around the park on the hill. Trying to walk on pavements with all the fumes and traffic can't be good for your health or your head. You can also walk in the shade in the park - another huge bonus.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:55 AM, balo said:

A soi full of hookers, ladyboys, fat farangs (Brits)  with beer bellies.

No thanks  I try to avoid it if I can . 

beer-belly.jpg

This exactly what makes Soi Bukow great..

Its the chaos the lights the bars the hookers the screeching ladyboys the food carts the obnoxious watch sellers all hustling for some action..

Cheap charlies looking a cheap stunner and girls in cheap makeup looking for a prince lol...

Nothing polite or pretty about it..But its a wonderful place for people who have grown tired of eating vanilla icecream...

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Suradit69 said:

Nanny state mentality run amok. Whine and expect Big Brother to intervene in every aspect of your life.

Yes....it's called "civilisation".

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, AlexCanada said:

Maybe it's the same loud motorbike I hear/see daily but there is one particular motorbike on Buakhao Soi 15 behind Avenue Mall and Areca Lodge that goes so fast and is so loud without any care of any cars or people on the road.  Many motorcycles fly down Buakhao Soi 15.  Why?  I have NEVER seen any police on that road so they never have any concerns about getting a speeding ticket.  With that soi becoming more crowded with pedestrians it's an huge accident waiting to happen.

I've posted about how dangerous Buakhao is a few years ago, only to be told it is very safe, as apparently the speeding vehicles were a figment of my imagination.

1 hour ago, banchang said:

We are on page 7 and i still don’t know where soi buakhao is. It isn’t on google maps.
From the descriptions from others I’m sure i have spent time there but where the hell is it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

That's because it's so well known, it needs no map ref. But here's one anyway. It's on my Google Maps. It runs north-south between 2nd and 3rd roads. 

Soi Buakhao, Pattaya

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've posted about how dangerous Buakhao is a few years ago, only to be told it is very safe, as apparently the speeding vehicles were a figment of my imagination.

Dangerous for who/what?

Pedestrians, business owners, motorbikes, cars, taxis, etc?

There is a mix there but I do not find it dangerous. Unless one is a fool and cannot watch what they are doing.

There are many ways around it. One needs to use common sense and figure out what is going on.

The Road to Hana in Hawaii in a rain storm is what I call dangerous.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Dangerous for who/what?

There is a mix there but I do not find it dangerous. Unless one is a fool and cannot watch what they are doing.

There are many ways around it. One needs to use common sense and figure out what is going on.

Let's hear it for common sense! Now how to spread a bit more of that around.

Ha! It's a lo-o-o-ng way down . . . .

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Dangerous for who/what?

You made my point for me :cheesy:.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:25 PM, bkk6060 said:

Dangerous for who/what?

Clearly  its dangerous for pedestrians because of the missing of pavements.

• Like 1