Soi Bukaw

Destiny1990

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

So what is your solution, Gringo? Clear it all away and start again with a wider road?

A few years ago they had the opportunity to build a proper road parallel to it and turn it into a substitute Walking Street and let them demolish the W S buildings like they wanted to for 30 years.

Now that they let all those new condos be built they lost that chance. Never underestimate the ability of Pattaya city hall to get it wrong every time.

Only way they can solve the problem now is to demolish one side and widen it.

23 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

TBH If your walking you curse the traffic , if your on a bike/car you curse the pedestrians . When Im on my motorbike I travel very slowly looking out for everything . The thing I see a lot of is a dippy old farrang wandering in the middle of the road, looking the wrong way , seemingly unaware of any traffic . Most times its his much sharper Thai GF/ Wife etc that pulls him or steers him away . 

Indians seem to enjoy walking in the road also, or are they in your 'dippy old Farang' category?

2 hours ago, HLover said:

Indians seem to enjoy walking in the road also, or are they in your 'dippy old Farang' category?

Yes they are in the dippy category for sure , not necessarily old, always walk in groups of 3 for some odd reason. Why I don't know but looks a bit  too 'chummy' to me....  But that's another story. They are a nightmare but so much in Soi Buakeaw, but the bottom end of Pratumnak backing onto Walking Street . 

Edited by Rolanddrums
  • Like 1

???

I walk it all the time just fine but look around just like anyplace else.

Walk against traffic.

If one is so scared, walk 2nd or 3rd road and take one of the many soi's leading to it. 

Complaining is not going to do anything because it will never change. Blah blah.

Deal with it, or don't......

• Like 2

Baiting,  troll and flaming posts have been removed, also quoted replies.

Two further posts have been removed, keep this bickering up and someone will be getting a posting suspension.

8 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

My only complaint about buakhao is when I am in my car and people walk 2 or 3 abreast, and I'm not talking about only the Indians.

So in fact you agree with the OP.

Soi Buakhoa isn't walking street, I hate it as a car driver for the reasons you mentioned, I hate it as a pedestrian as well for the reasons that it is dangerous with all those cars that are annoyed by the pedestrians.

19 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

So what is your solution, Gringo? Clear it all away and start again with a wider road?

Who said offering solutions is obligatory

But yes, most of the buildings are old and decrepit in that area.

Sadly mixed in there and currently being built are new ones whose design and position does nothing towards future improvement. A one way traffic system may be an idea. Some town planning effort. I'm retired and not responsible so why are you asking me, if only an opportunity to bandy silly names at others?

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Who said offering solutions is obligatory

But yes, most of the buildings are old and decrepit in that area.

Sadly mixed in there and currently being built are new ones whose design and position does nothing towards future improvement. A one way traffic system may be an idea. Some town planning effort. I'm retired and not responsible so why are you asking me, if only an opportunity to bandy silly names at others?

You did.

The Thai solution is do nothing,

Since you decided to 'bandy' about silly insults to our hosts, I thought it prudent to open the floor to your font of wisdom. 

If you don't like Soi Bua Khao, don't go there. If not to your fine tastes, find another place.

As you can see, there are many who love it's slightly chaotic character.

Since you are retired, why not put your hand to something that makes a difference? Pointless whinging is worse than doing nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

You did.

Since you decided to 'bandy' about silly insults to our hosts, I thought it prudent to open the floor to your font of wisdom. 

If you don't like Soi Bua Khao, don't go there. If not to your fine tastes, find another place.

As you can see, there are many who love it's slightly chaotic character.

Since you are retired, why not put your hand to something that makes a difference? Pointless whinging is worse than doing nothing.

Hosts, that is laughable in that environment 

I am forced to travel via soi Buakhao. Pattaya traffic gives no viable alternatives.

If you are a person prepared to accept and even enjoy the situation, fine.

Personally I am just travelling through that area, not really my scene. No Chang vest in my wardrobe!

It is a dump, and hardly a shining example of guest hosting!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 15/01/2018 at 3:18 PM, KneeDeep said:

Yes, Hosts. You are in Thailand.

If you prefer how it is in Switzerland, perhaps you should try Switzerland for your hols.

No one is forced to travel via Soi Bua Khao. In fact I sometimes choose to travel via Soi Bua Khao instead of Sai Song or Sai Sam, for a change of scenery.

I have both a car and a motorbike and live close to the beach in central Pattaya.

Pedestrians, motorbikes, food carts....none of it fazes me in the slightest.

It's what makes the place so interesting.

I wouldn't choose to rent a place Soi Bua Khao, as since I chose to spend time by the seaside, I prefer something close to the sea with a view and some nature around.

But I dare say that the  intimacy of Bua Khao and the surrounding areas are an attraction for those who chose to stay and visit.

So, as to you being forced to travel via Bua Khao....that's just too bad. It seems many like it just the way it is.

And Soi LK Metro can be fun