Gen Prawit may have owned 19 pricey wristwatches: CSI-LA Facebook

webfact

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

Because his best mate is the Junta leader who says what's what!!

Also, another mate is the head of the body that's supposed to be investigating.

Also, after all the claims of transparency, there has been anything but!!

Basically.

No,no it’s all just “a honest mistake”

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I am way too pragmatic, I absolutely do admire excellent engineering, but it is sufficient to me to know it exists. I don't need it on my wrist. I buy things with excellent engineering if they also make sense for me to have them. Like machines needed for business. 

Me too, I am functionally oriented.  Whatever I buy has to provide value and function -- the function of a high priced watch provides is not more than an Apple Watch or a smart phone.  I could easily spend 50K to 100K on computer hardware, I could easily spend lots of stuff on kitchen gadgets - some of which would not be cheap...  maybe equipment for a fully stocked home gym that I would never get around to using....  but pretty bobbles whose only purpose is a status symbol -- never.   Same with cars, a good solid car, but not an extravagant one -- it has to be reasonably conservative.  

I would hate to be a friend of Prawit.  I keel over unconscious -- maybe dead -- maybe not.  Prawit picks up a stick and pokes me, then puts his hand over my mouth checking for breath -- finally reaches down and grabs my wrist as if to check the pulse -- but only did so to take another watch off another dead friend :shock1:

Edited by bkkcanuck8

39 minutes ago, eggers said:

I'll repeat myself, yet again, they likely to be "authentic copy" watches & he's taking the media for a ride....It proves the point, the media is full of mindless, story-tellers who can't disseminate fact from fiction !! 

Maybe you're right. But if so, why doesn't he submit a letter, together with the watches to NACC, to verify this? Why all the ballyhoo about a dead friend? Is he frightened of losing face for having copies instead of the real deal?

4 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

I worked with a Thai company in Bangkok for several years. Owning expensive watches was common among the higher paid Thai's (status symbol).  It's not a crime to own an expensive watch(s).

No poster has said it is a crime to own an expensive watch.

Posters are commenting on how the watches were obtained.

Something does not add up, as he did not declare them as assets, and the money he earns legally is insufficient to pay for his enormous collection.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwon may have owned at least 19 pricey wristwatches worth a total of about 30 million baht, according to CSI-LA Facebook page.

Should include his collection of expensive rings. You can only wear one watch but look at his plucky little fingers, you easier pick up 2 to 3 rings with some large exotic stones. That ring collection may worth more in value than his watches. 

10 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Maybe you're right. But if so, why doesn't he submit a letter, together with the watches to NACC, to verify this? Why all the ballyhoo about a dead friend? Is he frightened of losing face for having copies instead of the real deal?

Losing face, easy one word reply :

YES. 

they really need to sort this crap out, this man is a joke and needs to be taken down. Unfortunately there are always scum in any govt in Thailand that are ready to take as much graft as possible, we continually see it with every govt appointed, its way past time much stricter regulations were introduced to stop all the corruption that is everywhere in Thailand. All govt departments have graft involved, its how they operate, its there for everyone to see day after day and nothing is ever done about it, yes the current govt has done a lot more than previous ones but they still refuse to go all the  way as it would mean an end to the lucrative positions govt affords people. Time to crack down on all corrupt practices, it is part of the thai mentality and needs a lot of work, removing this idiot is a good start

Oh come on, it's about "time". 

This reminds me of the stories (true stories) of the low lifes who win a lottery and go nuts with their new found wealth, indulging all of their previously not attainable pleasures. 

I think something similar is going on here. He found his lottery, now can't resist over indulging. 

Surely he won't get away with this ruse (or will he?).

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Oh come on, it's about "time". 

This reminds me of the stories (true stories) of the low lifes who win a lottery and go nuts with their new found wealth, indulging all of their previously not attainable pleasures. 

I think something similar is going on here. He found his lottery, now can't resist over indulging. 

Surely he won't get away with this ruse (or will he?).

What ruse? ?

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No poster has said it is a crime to own an expensive watch.

Posters are commenting on how the watches were obtained.

Something does not add up, as he did not declare them as assets, and the money he earns legally is insufficient to pay for his enormous collection.

Well, he's 63 years old; and, at the top of the military food chain. I'm not sure what his pay is; but, he's been a general long enough to have acquired a fair amount of wealth.  Additionally, there had to be a few gifts in there somewhere.  

3 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Well, he's 63 years old; and, at the top of the military food chain. I'm not sure what his pay is; but, he's been a general long enough to have acquired a fair amount of wealth.  Additionally, there had to be a few gifts in there somewhere.  

Yes he has been at the top of the food chain, also if the watches were gifts why were they not declared?

Edited by colinneil

22 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Why he should do that?If the media talks to much he will shut them down,easy as that.If they don’t like it ,defamation case or computer crime or les majeste or whatever tools  the junta has to shut one up will follow

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes he has been at the top of t6he food chain, also if the watches were gifts why were they not declared?

Declared or not, this is obviously a witch hunt. Additionally, the operative word here is "owned".  Just like owning several cars over a lifetime.  Trading up is not uncommon.  

33 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

I worked with a Thai company in Bangkok for several years. Owning expensive watches was common among the higher paid Thai's (status symbol).  It's not a crime to own an expensive watch(s).

Wow! Case closed. Cheers, Columbo!

2 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Declared or not, this is obviously a witch hunt. Additionally, the operative word here is "owned".  Just like owning several cars over a lifetime.  Trading up is not uncommon.  

Pal of yours is he? Maybe you have been gifted a watch or 2.:cheesy:

So if he acquired them legally, why not declare them?

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

If this storyis true it just shows the arrogance/ hypocrisy of this man and his cronies.

We will stamp out corruption, but continue  being corrupt ourselves.

All pigs are equal but some are more equal than others.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Pal of yours is he? Maybe you have been gifted a watch or 2.:cheesy:

Not a pal of mine; but, it is pretty ignorant for anyone to be surprised that someone in his position owns expensive watches.  He didn't get to where he is by being squeaky clean.  We've already seen how Thai politics works. Put the previous administration in prison.  This is just a precursor to what Prayut has waiting for him once he retires.   

Not a pal of mine; but, it is pretty ignorant for anyone to be surprised that someone in his position owns expensive watches.  He didn't get to where he is by being squeaky clean.  We've already seen how Thai politics works. Put the previous administration in prison.  This is just a precursor to what Prayut has waiting for him once he retires.   

You just said in one post that it's not illegal to own expensive watches, and now you're saying that he didn't get to where he is by being squeaky clean. Are you talking about the deputy PM in both cases? 

Please try to make sense. 

29 minutes ago, seajae said:

they really need to sort this crap out, this man is a joke and needs to be taken down. Unfortunately there are always scum in any govt in Thailand that are ready to take as much graft as possible, we continually see it with every govt appointed, its way past time much stricter regulations were introduced to stop all the corruption that is everywhere in Thailand. All govt departments have graft involved, its how they operate, its there for everyone to see day after day and nothing is ever done about it, yes the current govt has done a lot more than previous ones but they still refuse to go all the  way as it would mean an end to the lucrative positions govt affords people. Time to crack down on all corrupt practices, it is part of the thai mentality and needs a lot of work, removing this idiot is a good start

Only mr.watch is a joke???How about mr.44?When they tried to figure out how much he and his family owns he told them to f... off or get an attitude adjustment.They will sit there forever,next election(probably not the right term) mr44 will win with 99%

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You just said in one post that it's not illegal to own expensive watches, and now you're saying that he didn't get to where he is by being squeaky clean. Are you talking about the deputy PM in both cases? 

Please try to make sense. 

And if he did not get to his position without being squeaky clean -- what does that say about his peers and/or the Prime Minister himself.  By the same standards -- he obviously would have be tainted too.  This might explain why no-one at that level is willing to confront the issue -- Prawit knows where the skeletons are buried.

By extension - the fight on corruption would have to be fraudulent - as it is only a weapon of convenience to those that are not of the same political ilk or are seen as a potential threat to their positions.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

57 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

No it's not.  What may be (and probably is) a crime is managing to own 19 of the damn things when a single one costs more than your salary!

Too difficult for you to understand with your junta special rose tinted glasses on?

14 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

When you make more than 1 post on a thread, you need to gop back and read your first post before commenting a second time as you are getting a bit confused, or you need to sit down and take things a bit slower.:cheesy: