rooster59

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, toughlove said:

There is some truth to that but thailand is a developing country. As soon as one problem surfaces every body says but what about the roads and what about Helmuts and what about about blah blah

Its not probable that throwing money at the hundreds of problems will turn it 1st world in a few years.

It's nothing to do with being a developing country. It's everything to do with a can't be bothered attitude. You don't have to be a developed country before you operate anything safely, or enforce the law.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, toughlove said:

That's what happens when you don't have no smoking signs in Chinese.

Exactly, what I first thought of, then I used to work on speed boats years ago in Aussie and they had a bilge fan and sniffer sensor that would not allow the engine to start if fumes were in the bilge, otherwise the boat goes BANG, when you hit the starter.

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

This is a picture of the boat taken after the last incident:

s1pp.jpg

Thanks, but does not help with the size.

I just get tired of people claiming the boat is overloaded without having any idea about the size, number of people allowed on board and number of people it can comfortably take (the latter are likely not the same).

9 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Exactly, what I first thought of, then I used to work on speed boats years ago in Aussie and they had a bilge fan and sniffer sensor that would not allow the engine to start if fumes were in the bilge, otherwise the boat goes BANG, when you hit the starter.

Just wondering do boats in Aus also require a plumbed in fire suppression system, as mining equipment does nowadays.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

I just get tired of people claiming the boat is overloaded without having any idea about the size, number of people allowed on board and number of people it can comfortably take (the latter are likely not the same).

I know the picture wasn't the best, but I thought with your experience you may know the type and layout from what you can see. 

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I would be interested in knowing how "you" would work out how many people the boat should carry since it seems to be important to you, so go ahead and share with us all how you would work it out. I assume the speedboat has bench seating up each side that has arse room for about 13/13 each side, does that mean it is safe  ?

I remember 30 years ago watching a boat off a beach in Cyprus heading out of the harbour and thinking to myself - that doesn't look safe and sure enough 5mins later it was upside down, two decks and about 30 people on board

I know this is a small and unimportant detail for Thailand...  :ph34r:

But the Thai PBS report said one of the injured here died. The Reuters and government reports talked only of injuries, nothing about any death(s).

Anyone have any idea which is the correct version of things?

Also, really like to know if this is, in fact, the same boat that mangled the Chinese tourist's legs in the prior episode, as one of the prior posts here linked to.

You might think the "investigation" of this latest episode would look at any past mishaps by the same boat and crew... But considering this is Thailand, that might be a bit much to hope for.