When foreigner husbands will get a Thai ID and passport as the EU treat Thai citizens ?

4 hours ago, LionofMedaCM said:

i will try to explain : I mean a married men, stable, with kids why he needs every year to run to the immigration and show many proofs , then getting a stamp of under consideration , reporting every 90 days, TM30 , all these trips for what?? and every year the same story again,

Did you discover these laws before, or after you married and had kids.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2018 at 7:28 PM, LionofMedaCM said:

...What does need a spouse of an EU citizen need to settle in Europe? I do not think that they need more than a passport 

Based on your above question in conclusion of your opening post for this topic, this needs to be moved to to the forum for visas to other countries.

(Incidentally, you forgot to give a link to the text you quoted in your post)

Based on the amount of applications I saw in plastic bags and on tables in the ally behind Chon Buri Immigration, I would say its just too big a money maker.  Chon Buri Immigration is always full of people, I imagine the others are as well - so lets say they make about 10 million baht a month each, thats a few billion baht a month, and a trillion baht a year.  Nope, no way they want to loosen up the standards.  Not in our lifetime.

On 15/01/2018 at 7:28 PM, LionofMedaCM said:

...What does need a spouse of an EU citizen need to settle in Europe? I do not think that they need more than a passport 

Based on your above question in conclusion of your opening post for this topic, this needs to be moved to to the forum for visas to other countries.

(Incidentally, you forgot to give a link to the text you quoted in your post)

On 1/15/2018 at 8:35 AM, LionofMedaCM said:

Kopitiam

Thailand, neither other 3rd world countries asked or can influence European laws, but Europe is not a zone of racism and xenophoby neither a zone that needs others t scam them! European laws are democratic, Humanitarian, fair, yes each country have its own immigration policy and this policy can show how is democratic and honest is the country

Asking a bunch of paper and money from foreigner husbands staying in Thailand is not a power as you think otherwise you won't be sunk in the world bank debts!

is just taking advantage or a social phobia turned into politics 

That liberal immigration policy is allowing terrorists and undesirables into their countries and ruining them. There is nothing racist or xenophobic about not wanting your country ruined. It's called sovereignty and it's how countries keep their culture and security. A country can't take care of the whole world. It's duties are to it's citizens.

15 hours ago, LionofMedaCM said:

Some people here they won't get my point, some I guess Thais or Thailand lovers 

i will try to explain : I mean a married men, stable, with kids why he needs every year to run to the immigration and show many proofs , then getting a stamp of under consideration , reporting every 90 days, TM30 , all these trips for what?? and every year the same story again, when I said passport or ID I don't mean in the european way, I mean just comply with the  Thai law or what they call it law of cpourse having a Thai ID or passport doesn't have any benifit as freedom of travel or making loan, credit cards...forget .. all that I mean stop the humilation and trips, usless trips also, all the fact is just to be headaches free The Thai visa is required to comply with law but not to have any benifit is like you are doing something you actually don't need , but when a Thai spouse get a permit of stay in EU that's already a big step of advantages 

So why don't you do a full pull?

fullfill all the requirements to apply for thai passport and then resign your old citizenship. 

Now you can feel like a real Thai, get all the credits you want and no more 90 days reporting. 

And to the fun part. If you want to visit your old country you'll need to apply for a visa:). Moreover, if you want to work to make some extra bucks, well... apply for WP:)

If you receiving some pension, I'm not familiar about your (former) country's policies but maybe it will no longer be the case (or at least reduced). 

Enjoy your stay;)

Now you'll have nothing to ween about. 

Guess your next move will be to find a "Britt Visa Forum" the day you want to go on holiday or for work 555

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

And what difference would that make??? You don't make the decision to have a family based on immigration laws. 

Are you one of those guys who see the "Thai Wife" option as a means to get a cheaper retirement visa?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
17 hours ago, LionofMedaCM said:

i will try to explain : I mean a married men, stable, with kids why he needs every year to run to the immigration and show many proofs , then getting a stamp of under consideration , reporting every 90 days, TM30 , all these trips for what?? and every year the same story again,

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

And what difference would that make??? You don't make the decision to have a family based on immigration laws. 

Are you one of those guys who see the "Thai Wife" option as a means to get a cheaper retirement visa?

If he knew the law previous to being married and having kids, why complain now.

If he didn't know the law prior to being married and having kids, then it's no good pleading ignorance now.

Let me guess 'Immigration never told him'!

No, I'm married and have the necessary funds in the bank to obtain extensions based on retirement.

You'll have to enlighten me on a 'Retirement Visa' as I've never seen one.

3 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

So why don't you do a full pull?

fullfill all the requirements to apply for thai passport and then resign your old citizenship. 

Now you can feel like a real Thai, get all the credits you want and no more 90 days reporting. 

And to the fun part. If you want to visit your old country you'll need to apply for a visa:). Moreover, if you want to work to make some extra bucks, well... apply for WP:)

If you receiving some pension, I'm not familiar about your (former) country's policies but maybe it will no longer be the case (or at least reduced). 

Enjoy your stay;)

Now you'll have nothing to ween about. 

Guess your next move will be to find a "Britt Visa Forum" the day you want to go on holiday or for work 555

Exactly.

Who says I want a Thai passport? No thanks. I don't want the headache of applying for one and I certainly don't want to live in Thailand. I will keep my passport of champions and gladly apply for yearly visas/extensions.

Moreover, if Thailand did approve permanent residency based on marriage, how many Russian/Chinese.... you name it fake marriages would become a norm in this corrupt country? Then the real estate would shoot another 500% from today prices the OP would whine like a little baby about Thailand being unaffordable.

The whining little baby OP is here exactly because Thailand is the way it is. If it was like the West or Europe, he wouldn't be here in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Exactly.

Who says I want a Thai passport? No thanks. I don't want the headache of applying for one and I certainly don't want to live in Thailand. I will keep my passport of champions and gladly apply for yearly visas/extensions.

Moreover, if Thailand did approve permanent residency based on marriage, how many Russian/Chinese.... you name it fake marriages would become a norm in this corrupt country? Then the real estate would shoot another 500% from today prices the OP would whine like a little baby about Thailand being unaffordable.

The whining little baby OP is here exactly because Thailand is the way it is. If it was like the West or Europe, he wouldn't be here in the first place.

Do you know many fake marriages with two or three biological kids? The OP was only saying that repeating senseless paperwork for no reason, is just... xenophobically corny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Exactly.

Spot on!

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Not per say. However, you can include me into the folks that have some "standard" before getting married.

It took me 8 years to finally meet my wife.  I did had some requets though. 

Good job (not in a bar, restaurant or massage) 

Have here own income (and pay tax).

No freaking buffaloes that get sick.

No car downpayment I have to take care about.

And all the crap you can read about (sorry, but now i think I'm getting OT) on TV. Do you guys live in a "hill tribe" out in the mountain, or out in a rice paddy? 

Sorry but I wanted to climb the tree. No peasants for me thank you.

Yes, it took long time, but now I don't have to think about the health insurance and visa issues. I'm included in my wife's insurance program.

I don't have to brag how many rai's the family have. They don't have much now. Father sold most of the land to put the children to school. I praise him for that!

Yes, I'm upset, so bear with me...

Call me names if you want, but the first tramp I meet in a bar would never become my wife. Although I must say I do respekt the elders that did. Some of them are in fact happy. Just not my style.

Cheers

• Like 1

Well, yes, one-year visas and 90-day reporting should be be compelled of long-term expat residents. Five-year extensions and six-month or even one-year proof of residency would be quite adequate.

Perhaps the brownshirts use this as a job creeation programme as it does absolutely nothing to protect 'national security'.

How about easier Thai residency and eventual citizenship.

The one place they get expats right is no land ownership by foreigners. If wealthy foreigners are allowed to buy up Thailand, Thais won't be able to compete, esp young Thais looking for a starter home.

It's a privilege to live here... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Well, yes, one-year visas and 90-day reporting should be be compelled of long-term expat residents. Five-year extensions and six-month or even one-year proof of residency would be quite adequate.

How about easier Thai residency and eventual citizenship.

Especially for Thai/Farang families where biological kids are part of the play.

But I wouldn't even be asking for that much. I'd be happy if they limited the yearly renewals to the submission of an up to date Kor Ror 2, and bank letter. And maybe a house visit initially and every 5 years thereafter. And implement an online TM30/90 days, 7/24 available, that works for everyone. Mind you most Immigration Officers would be happier too.

In other words, while there is, indeed, a compelling need for reengineering  the Thai immigration process, most of us could satisfy ouserveleves with some easy and effective process improvements. I used to make a very good living with BPR/BPI initiatives. Just to show how stupid this place is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

What are you in for?

He probably got done for petty griping. Doesn't sound like grand whining or incitement to cause boredom by incessant gurning... but it's close.

Myself? Guilty of total acquiescence with the local immigration laws and regulations in the face of the elegant, relatively inexpensive, semi-retired lifestyle afforded me in a moderate climate with relatively unfettered access to all the mod cons, food and western distractions that I could ever need.

...and the always-on GFE.

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

What a load of bulls&%t....

i have to say i don't see how legally they could put that down as a rejection. either you meet the requirements or you don't. can you imagine.

reason for rejection "his wife looks like a prostitute" 5555

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2018 at 8:42 PM, LionofMedaCM said:

Yes, i got your point, but this visa is given a base on marriage or money? I never met this combination in any other country,

And exactly how many foreign countries have you been married to a local and living in?

The reality is that Thailand's immigration policy for any EU country citizens is in general far easier than it is in any EU country for a Thai.

All Thai's must apply for a visa to any EU country prior to visiting, with conditions that are prerequisite and acceptance is by no means guaranteed. 

All EU citizens can visit Thailand for 30 days visa exempt, then extend for another 30 days very easily.

I'd imagine that 99.9% of Thai tourist visa applications are approved.

Regarding marriage, as mentioned on here several times by other posters, the conditions of a Thai wife to go and live in an EU country are just as strict, if not stricter than the EU husband living here, the only major difference being that upon acceptance the wife can obtain work, although this is also possible for the husband here, albeit a little more hassle.

It really comes down to a matter of choice, if the husband doesn't agree with Thailand's immigration policies, or finds it 'difficult' to comply with them, then he can always get his wife to apply for a settlement visa and take his wife to his home country.

I suspect in most cases, that they cannot do this option due to lack of funds / accommodation and so on and complain about Thailand for similar reasons.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, LionofMedaCM said:

Some people here they won't get my point, some I guess Thais or Thailand lovers 

i will try to explain : ... all that I mean stop the humilation and trips, ...

Where's this 'humiliation' you speak of? Does your local immigration insist you must wear your underpants backwards on the outside of your pants before you can file the 90-day report? Do they insist that the applicant must additionally prostate themselves at all times when doing the annual extension?

On 1/16/2018 at 4:18 PM, pennine said:

Even similar to the MM2H system of Malaysia would be welcome.

Well, off you go then.

Lots of replies form both sides of the fence on this one. Some people hating the system, others seemingly willing to blindly tolerate anything that the Thai system throws at them as they can't think a bad thought about anything in Thailand. Probably even think if they had to have a finger cut off once a year for DNA samples that would be fine LOL.

I would rather just take the middle ground.

Immigration sort themselves out and loose a lot of the endless pointless forms and frequency of required information submissions over the year. 

Fix and only allow 90 day reporting online only would be a good start.

Scrap the TM30 register address thing, apart from hotels.

Do away with the endless photocopies signed passport pages.

Computerise everything... have a database with all out details, photos, address, visas on it to look at when were go there.

Just generally streamline the procedure to make life easier and more pleasant for the 'guests' in the country, and also the overworked immigration staff!

Oh, and anyone turning up at the immigration office at 1.am is immediately deported!!!!  Seriously, don't allow anyone to line up before the opening hours by REVERSING the line would make people turn up later.

Also, don't allow agencies to take ONE number when they have a basket full of passports!!!!  One person, one number.  

On 1/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, KiChakayan said:

You are right, absolutely.

Ironically, at both my Extension of stay applications they suggested I should apply for an extension based of retirement since I had more than sufficient funds. I answered on both occasions that their policy was "the right visa for the right reason", and that the only reason I stayed hare was to support my family. 

You are LEGALLY qualified by both age and income for either extension so both reasons are "right" as far as Thai Immigration is concerned.

The immigration officer has twice offered you the much more efficient option for your extended stay in Thailand, ie. the marriage extension with its 30-day, head-office approval rigmarole, two visits, the extra paperwork and having to bring your marital partner versus the retirement option with it's 'instant' approval and 15-minute, one-on-one, single visit office experience.

I can't believe the bare-faced cheek of some of these IO's, strong-arming frail old foreigners to take the much easier, much faster, far more efficient long-stay visa extension option! It is absolutely disgraceful!!! The effrontery of these blighters is truly SHOCKING!!!

On 1/16/2018 at 8:04 PM, Lite Beer said:

No you are not wrong.

A sexist policy towards Thai women who want to live with their foreign husband.

So easy for a Thai man to live with his foreign wife.

If this is such a big issue and you really, really want to get the best of both worlds during your extended stay in the land of perpetual bitching, have you discussed mutual, simultaneous gender reassignment with your partner?

Sorted!

2 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Especially for Thai/Farang families where biological kids are part of the play.

But I wouldn't even be asking for that much. I'd be happy if they limited the yearly renewals to the submission of an up to date Kor Ror 2, and bank letter. And maybe a house visit initially and every 5 years thereafter. And implement an online TM30/90 days, 7/24 available, that works for everyone. Mind you most Immigration Officers would be happier too.

In other words, while there is, indeed, a compelling need for reengineering  the Thai immigration process, most of us could satisfy ouserveleves with some easy and effective process improvements. I used to make a very good living with BPR/BPI initiatives. Just to show how stupid this place is.

What's stupid is those that find 90-day reports and annual renewals all a bit too taxing, invasive, humiliating or otherwise disagreeable and NOT going somewhere else with a less arcane or more amenable system... like back home maybe?

• Like 2